Lobby: Up
Online: 52
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:34 am 

Manaburning was a huge thing on nas for a long time, then his first wave of magic adjustments really hurt BLM acc, but his most recent has made acc alot better. Of course its significantly tougher to make a manaburn with 10lvl sync restriction, but particularly lvl65+ shouldn't be terribly difficult to find people for, especially once it catches back on. Manaburning opens options to mobs melees don't rly fight for tp move reasons. Mid 50s can do Cape teriggan, late 50s can do onzozo or uleguerand range. I'm thinking somewhere around lvl65 can do Cape teriggan cockatrice. Again, I know its not so easy, just providing some information on potential.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:09 am 

It sure doesn't help potential BLMs when people take up their very few solo camps to solo/duo jobs that could be easily getting parties on. I've been seeing SMN, RNG, and some other jobs occupying these spaces lately. I don't understand why they want to get mediocre EXP, but the trend definitely isn't welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:07 pm 

Chakan wrote:
You'll likely want another job to merit on if you don't have 2-5 friends willing to let you "gimp their merits, brah."

Why do people still play the blame your melee friends game with this topic. It's a ded horse. Blm kills exp. End. Fin. Cut to the credits. Exit stage left.
Thank you.

Solution: don't be a one trick blm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:03 pm 

if you’re level 51 during off-peak hours, you will get some invites to be a KRT sync. :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:06 pm 

Chakan wrote:
It sure doesn't help potential BLMs when people take up their very few solo camps to solo/duo jobs that could be easily getting parties on. I've been seeing SMN, RNG, and some other jobs occupying these spaces lately. I don't understand why they want to get mediocre EXP, but the trend definitely isn't welcome.

Those are people who don’t have the availability to commit to a party. They maybe shouldn’t be playing FFXI.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:22 pm 

Do people still, or is it viable to, solo gobbie pets like in the old days? I used to chain 4/5 with AM one-shots, back in the day..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:45 pm 

Of course it's viable. If you enjoy 25% experience that is.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:41 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Of course it's viable. If you enjoy 25% experience that is.

Well, that stinks. But that's ok.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:11 am 

Someone told me players don’t skillchain/magic burst anymore?
Can someone explain why?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:17 am 

Kahlane wrote:
Someone told me players don’t skillchain/magic burst anymore?
Can someone explain why?

Bad DPS think it's better to spam random WS without a care so they can barely pay attention to the game.

Good DPS make good SCs for the bonus damage and just go when both partners have TP. You'll have to watch their TP and fit your MBs in without much notice. If they're consistent, you can even start casting AMs when they hit 850-900+% TP and land it.

Randomly, the 3rd DPS (who is typically more of the former than later) or the PLD will nerf your MB window by doing a random ass weak WS during it, closing the MB window.

Either way, everyone doesn't give a heck to bother with your MBs.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next