Lobby: Up
Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sad life of a Monk
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:24 pm 

Just wanted to share my experience today. No hard feelings of course with anyone involved.

>My Monk is in low 30's.
>Spend hours waiting for a PT.
>Finally get a PT invite.
>OP to Qufim.
>"Oh, sorry bruh, actually you're a bit too high of level. Sorry."
>Oh well. Warp home.
>Finaly get another PT invite to replace someone.
>OP out to CL.
>Arrive at camp.
>"Oh, sorry bruh, actually we invited a friend. We don't want you."
>Nobody wants monk. Warps home.
>Logs out of the game.

Post subject: Re: Sad life of a Monk
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:01 pm 

Ryamatsu wrote:
Just wanted to share my experience today. No hard feelings of course with anyone involved.

>Logs out of the game.

Found the issue. Making your own party makes things much quicker. Type "/sea all inv 20-40" and and that will show you 10 levels within your level of people looking for party, then do it for those not looking and just ask them (Avoid blue names that means they are already in a party) "/sea all 20-40" and then do it for specific classes once you have a couple like "/sea all brd 20-40".

Make a party, get it going. Playing a less than in demand character will make your life much easier if you become proactive and lead a team. No one wants to start a party, people are lazy, I get it. I am too that is why I leveled BST so that I could always solo if I didn't want to make a party. But leveling BLM made me realize how easy it is to make a party if you just start randomly whisper people.

I wish you the best of luck, and try my advice it will surely get you into a full group much much quicker.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:21 pm 

Ryamatsu wrote:

>My Monk is in low 30's.
>Finally get a PT invite.
>OP to Qufim.
>"Oh, sorry bruh, actually you're a bit too high of level. Sorry."
>Oh well. Warp home.
>Finaly get another PT invite to replace someone.
>OP out to CL.
>Arrive at camp.
>"Oh, sorry bruh, actually we invited a friend. We don't want you."
>Nobody wants monk. Warps home.
>Logs out of the game.

That is a sad story, sucks for them though, monks are badass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:37 pm 

Benzula wrote:
Ryamatsu wrote:

>Logs out of the game.

Found the issue. Making your own party makes things much quicker. Type "/sea all inv 20-40" and and that will show you 10 levels within your level of people looking for party, then do it for those not looking and just ask them (Avoid blue names that means they are already in a party) "/sea all 20-40" and then do it for specific classes once you have a couple like "/sea all brd 20-40".

Make a party, get it going. Playing a less than in demand character will make your life much easier if you become proactive and lead a team. No one wants to start a party, people are lazy, I get it. I am too that is why I leveled BST so that I could always solo if I didn't want to make a party. But leveling BLM made me realize how easy it is to make a party if you just start randomly whisper people.

I wish you the best of luck, and try my advice it will surely get you into a full group much much quicker.

The issue wasn't that I was waiting hours for a party. In fact, I don't mind waiting. I usually fish or do other tasks while waiting because I don't like forming parties. The issue was back-to-back parties invited than told me to leave. Appreciate the advise though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:40 pm 

You got unlucky twice in a row; that's just bad luck, and it happens to even tanks and bards sometimes too.

The only difference in your case is that it took all day to get two invites.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:20 am 

MNK need BUFF anyone crying for mnk here?
we need blk belt and buff plz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:02 am 

The BB quest does need to be fixed but Monk is perfectly fine, and does amazing damage, just eat acc food like crab sushi at lower levels and sole at higher until you are in PTs where you are getting acc buffs from brd/cor then you can probably get away with akamochi. Also keep your h2h weapons from the last 10 levels around for level sync pts, and quest your purple and brown belt and use accordingly. Also spend time getting your fumas and okotes, and other mnk specific items, most of them you wear for a loooong time, definitely worth the time to stop exping to camp or farm gil to buy big monk items.

Also dont be afraid to sub warrior, just dont go opening fights with Berserk > Boost > WS, majority of your damage is from auto attacks so dont be afraid to just sit on your tp for a little to ensure you wont pull hate too early before the mob dies.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:04 pm 

i'm not lazy.. i'm just super introvert. I get huge anxiety when trying to start a party. I usually end up just logging off. If I wasn't such a huge introvert.. i'd probably be irl doing things.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:10 pm 

deadbum wrote:
i'm not lazy.. i'm just super introvert. I get huge anxiety when trying to start a party. I usually end up just logging off. If I wasn't such a huge introvert.. i'd probably be irl doing things.

Don't really know much about being an introvert. What I do know is that FFXI kind of helped me with my social skills, which was a huge thing for me since I was hugely anti-social. Also helped me on being organized and getting groups together. I guess the experience is different for everyone.