Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:32 am 

1. If I switch to hecatomb gloves for WS's then switch back to TH gloves, does it screw up TH?

2. Similar question: If you used a different dagger at the beginning of the fight, then switched to thief's knife toward the end, how does that effect TH? (I probably wouldn't attempt this, just wondering!)

3. Does the TH portion of Feint work? What are you thoughts on it?

New to TH4 THF, sorry for the n00b questions! Never played THF on retail or here ._.

Thanks for the help :!:

Blessthefall
75WHM 75BRD 75SMN 75BST
Garbage/Trash/Chatoyant

Last edited by islandwalk on Sat May 02, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:09 pm 

Feint merits don't adjust TH, they're either effect duration or recast time despite what the tooltip says (I don't remember which.)

I can't comment on how applied TH works here other than minor speculation and suspicions.

Logic says the highest TH applied should remain, but I can't confirm that is the case. Some people think it works that way, others believe you need knife+gloves to remain on the entire time. I've also heard it could be the last threat increasing action the THF performed with the TH+ items equipped, including weapon skills and Steal/Mug.

Not sure if there has been any confirmed theories on how TH application works on Nasomi.

edit: If you're an extreme paranoiac, just tag the mob with TH4 while keeping Thief's Knife and relic gloves on the entire time if you're after a drop. Including weapon skilling in them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:50 pm 

I have ALL the answers!

1. TH4 must be applied at the start of the fight AND the end of the fight.
2. You must have 3000 tp for TH4 to proct.
3. Don't kill a mob with a WS.
4. Only kill a mob with a WS if you're Vivix.
5. after 10,000 kills you need to sell your thief's knife and buy a new one b/c the TH wears off (it's a latent effect that no one knows about).

I had a whole bunch more but now i can't remember them >.<

In all seriousness though. I would pick a mob that has low-ish drops and go do some testing. From what i hear, Mistletoe has a pretty sucky drop rate and there's a group of Trees in Lufaise Meadows (8 in a clump) which would make for very easy testing. Go kill trees for 2-3 hours keeping your gloves and knife on full time. Then do the same with macro'ing them in and out. And maybe once again with only using Thf Knife to finish the mob.

And once you're done all that, you can PM me and I'll buy the mistletoe from you for 20k/stack XD

<3 Islandwalk

Swann

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:44 pm 

1. No. Just make sure you equip TH4 near the end and leave them on until the mob in question dies. Also make sure once you equip TH4 you perform an action on the mob (or a few to be safe) to "tag" it with the boosted TH.

2. I frequently wait until the end of the fight to swap in my dagger + gloves and have seen no noticeable difference in drop rate over using them the entire time. I have done limited testing and noticed a huge drop off in drops if you apply TH4 and then switch to TH2/3.

3. No The extra merits lower recast timer and does nothing for TH on Nasomi. The ability itself is fantastic for certain fights and zergs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:50 pm 

If you don't have mandau, you should just be full-time in TH4 gear on anything with meaningful drops.

Anyone that tells you otherwise is obviously not in a party where you're acting as the TH4 with them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:10 pm 

seventythree19 wrote:
4. Only kill a mob with a WS if you're Vivix.