Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Treasure Hunter
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:07 pm 

Hey, does anyone actually know in what way TH effects the rate of which items would drop?

I wanted to find out but it's vague as hell.

Post subject: Re: Treasure Hunter
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:19 pm 

I would read through the wiki page as well as the accompanying links at the bottom to the Discussion page and external links to testing to find what you're looking for. AFAIK this information has never been directly revealed to players.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:03 am 

From what I gather, it seems to mean that the number of drops possible increase to maximise chance of the drop. So it doesn't really change percentage it seems.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:07 pm 

Here's an additional thread that may be of some use to you:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threa ... 8c98e68014

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:25 pm 

The issue is that square enix changed how treasure hunter functions on retail. I believe nasomi's treasure hunter works similar to the original formula... But I'm not 100% certain. Since we'd have to record our findings by hand, I imagine not many people are up to the task.

I've heard thief killing with a critical hit (sneak attack/trick attack, weapon skill optional) increases the rate of item drops. But a normal thief ending blow doesn't. I don't have a source for this; it's only something i've heard through the grape vines. It would be interesting to test it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:16 pm 

Very fascinating. Well I suppose if it improves your chances of getting loot either way then it's worth it.

But the specific mechanics would help so players could determine odds a little clearer. For all I know TH does nothing but people claim it does something but I would love to know what.

Thank you for all your helpful feedback, it's much appreciated :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:32 am 

It's really good on Nasomi, that's probably all you need to know :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:36 am 

Meyi wrote:
I've heard thief killing with a critical hit (sneak attack/trick attack, weapon skill optional) increases the rate of item drops. But a normal thief ending blow doesn't. I don't have a source for this; it's only something i've heard through the grape vines. It would be interesting to test it.

I can't say either way whether it affected things or not but this was the method my old LS would kill some HMN's such as Dark Ixion. We were full of highly experienced players so there seemed to be a general consensus that this helped things. Whether it actually did or not is obviously up for debate :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:55 am 

I dont know the exact way its coded here, since before the change on retail it was never revealed exactly how they coded it and how the +th gear further effected it. but I can tell you it work here, ive been on this server for a few years and killed tons of stuff with and without th, th4 makes a big difference.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:00 pm 

My understanding of how Treasure Hunter works here is that each "level" of TH gives you another flat chance of getting a drop, at that item's fixed percentage chance. So for instance let's say you kill a NM and it has a 25% chance to drop an item. With no TH you have one 25% chance of passing the RNG check for that item to drop. Each "level" of TH (15, 45, 70, THF knife +AF2 gloves,) gives you an additional roll. So that same NM killed with TH2 would give you 3 separate 25% chances for an item to drop, rather than a 75% chance. This was the way it was explained to me relating to this server awhile ago. I am not 100% sure of it's current accuracy, but I can definitely tell you that I get a lot more drops with as a 75 THF with TH4 than I ever did with TH1 with THF subbed. I hope that was helpful. =)