Online: 57
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Maat fight
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:09 am 

Hey,

Leveling THF on my alt so gonna have to beat Maat as a thief. I found a video where steal wasn't enough to beat him. Anything special I should know about this fight Nasomi version ?

Post subject: Re: Maat fight
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:37 pm 

Kami wrote:
Hey,

Leveling THF on my alt so gonna have to beat Maat as a thief. I found a video where steal wasn't enough to beat him. Anything special I should know about this fight Nasomi version ?

Don’t even attack. Steal and if it fails, use hide, move away and wait out the timer. I won the fight by successfully stealing on my 2nd attempt. Never drew my weapon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:58 am 

Yeah it turned out to be a complete joke. Go in, use steal, gg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:04 am 

Dodi wrote:
Kami wrote:
Hey,

Don’t even attack. Steal and if it fails, use hide, move away and wait out the timer. I won the fight by successfully stealing on my 2nd attempt. Never drew my weapon.

Lol I was 1/32 with that method...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:40 pm 

Nekozuko wrote:
Dodi wrote:
Kami wrote:
Hey,

1/1 for me, didn't even have to hide. Iirc you steal a warp scroll, so don't have one on you, because you definitely can't steal a second one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:26 pm 

Luthigosa wrote:
Nekozuko wrote:
Dodi wrote:

1/1 for me, didn't even have to hide. Iirc you steal a warp scroll, so don't have one on you, because you definitely can't steal a second one.

I made sure I didn't have warp scroll every time by buying one and using it to make sure I didn't have one before going to MAAT. Used AF and other +steel gear, and still went 1/32.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:27 pm 

Bit of a necro post but I finally beat Maat yesterday (1/2) and thought I'd share my experience for what it's worth.

Firstly - fun fight! The first time I tried to steal (failed) and proceeded to melee until steal was up again. My evasion wasn't capped and neither was my marksmanship - I still evaded about 60/70% of his hits but whiffed most bolts (I was trying to sleep for Sneak Attack).

When he used perfect dodge I used flee, ran to the entrance, waited, ran past him when he turned up. By the time he got back to the main arena PD had worn off. Tried to steal again and failed again. I used my 2 hour but I'd messed up my macros and lost TP in equip swaps (it was trying to add a second dagger I think and wiping tp to 0 each time :x ) and I ultimately died with Maat at about 50% health.

Waited two hours, went to try again, traded testimony to Maat and got warped to the BC and tried to trade testimony to the BC - didn't work. It's one and done on Nasomi so if you fail, chuck it and go get a new one!

Planned a bit better the second time - got an Icarus wing (5k on AH I think), Persiskos au lait (4 or 5k), some sushi and even a hi-potion. Bought a +eva shield and upgraded my gear a bit (racc + evasion) and grabbed a Reraise scroll as well...

Sorted equipsets out and went to battle again!

My strategy was to try and steal again at the start and if that failed, melee him down and keep an eye on the time and use hide / steal if I couldn't kill before the timer ran out or I was going to die!

I buffed, popped the icarus wing and did a sa/ws to start (he's non agressive so you can just walk up and whack him). Tried to steal and failed again :roll: so got down to wailing on him - with the added racc gear and sushi bolts stuck fairly often (70 to 80% of the time) with bloody bolts proccing for maybe 25hp and sleep hitting 90% of the time. Fight went fine from here - I think the skill ups I got from the last fight to evade helped and he whiffs pretty often - he still hits hard when he does hit though so the au lait was needed (I got lucky as well as he used Asuran fists when I had Perfect Dodge up).

My ws's were doing about 300+ damage. When sa was up I'd hit Maat with a sleep bolt and run around - didnt bother with a sa/ws after the first but in hindsight, might have been worth trying to self-skillchain mid-fight and save tp, sa/ws then pop an icarus wing and hit again.

When he got to 50% and used Perfect dodge, I did the flee trick again, and when that ran out I used my own 2 hour. Felt pretty confident I'd be able to melee him down by this time (he was about 75% by this point maybe 5 or 6 minutes in to the timer) so tried to steal again and failed again (so 0 for 4 on that strat but I only had AF +steal gear - the other pieces might make all the difference) and finished him off with a dancing edge (he gave up with maybe 15% hp left).

I think if you are capped on evasion/marksmanship when you do this fight you'll be fine to beat him the hard way :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:16 pm 

Necro bump, but just wanted to say that I went 1/2 with a Steal win on Maat last night. First steal failed, used Hide, waited out timer, second steal worked.

Still holds true that you can't have a warp scroll in your inventory, so don't come in the fight with one. Also, I had zero steal gear on. Your luck may vary :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:36 am 

ffxizol wrote:
Necro bump, but just wanted to say that I went 1/2 with a Steal win on Maat last night. First steal failed, used Hide, waited out timer, second steal worked.

Still holds true that you can't have a warp scroll in your inventory, so don't come in the fight with one. Also, I had zero steal gear on. Your luck may vary :)

grats (I'm still salty I needed like 16 Thief testimony)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:37 am 

Nekozuko wrote:
ffxizol wrote:

grats (I'm still salty I needed like 16 Thief testimony)

Lol it's the only maat fight that I was 1/1 on, both Nasomi and retail. All were learning experiences