Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:38 pm 

I get these numbers, currently, slicing and dicing the dear Yagudos with the dagger :

Normal hit: 20
Critical hit: 24-25
Wasp Sting : 40-45
Sneak Attack : 95
Sneak Attack + Wasp Sting : 140

Should I get higher numbers combining SA and Wasp Sting? I was thinking that, since SA produces nearly five times the points of a normal hit, maybe I could get five times Wasp Sting when joined with SA (about 200).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:53 pm 

Those numbers look right. Any elemental based WS pretty much sucks with Sneak Attack. That's why thieves use Fast Blade or Combo at that level range.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:08 pm 

Thanks for confirming those numbers. At least, I'm doing it right!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:09 am 

Yeah, level up sword and use "Fast Blade". Once you get high enough to get "Viper Bite" (Dagger WS), switch to daggers. Viper Bite has a 100% DEX modifier, although I was told recently that the only modifiers that work are STR?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:18 pm 

You're only supposed to use dagger after lvl33 when you get Viper Bite.

Before that go /mnk and SA Combo or /war and SA Fast Blade.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:53 pm 

floog88 wrote:
Yeah, level up sword and use "Fast Blade". Once you get high enough to get "Viper Bite" (Dagger WS), switch to daggers. Viper Bite has a 100% DEX modifier, although I was told recently that the only modifiers that work are STR?

Is this true? Is that only for WS- in other words its still correct to stack DEX for SA and AGI for TA?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:43 am 

Dodi wrote:
floog88 wrote:

Is this true? Is that only for WS- in other words its still correct to stack DEX for SA and AGI for TA?

DEX for SA and AGI for TA definitely still work, it is possible other WS modifiers beside STR are broken tho.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:24 am 

lockecole777 wrote:
Dodi wrote:
floog88 wrote:

DEX for SA and AGI for TA definitely still work, it is possible other WS modifiers beside STR are broken tho.

I'm sorry to necro this thread though can we have some feedback on this?

What I don't understand is how I was reading everywhere that at 33 with viper bite there would be a significant improve in the thief's life but I just swapped from Sword+Dagger at 40 (was waiting for marauder's knife) and I'm doing almost half the damage I was doing with Fast Blade.

So does DEX not work with VB or is dual dagger better just because of better ratings or something else than SA damage?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:36 am 

growill wrote:
lockecole777 wrote:
Dodi wrote:

I'm sorry to necro this thread though can we have some feedback on this?

What I don't understand is how I was reading everywhere that at 33 with viper bite there would be a significant improve in the thief's life but I just swapped from Sword+Dagger at 40 (was waiting for marauder's knife) and I'm doing almost half the damage I was doing with Fast Blade.

So does DEX not work with VB or is dual dagger better just because of better ratings or something else than SA damage?

Just better ratings. Fast blade is just a superior WS when stacked with SA+TA for a pretty long time. You'll notice some really good VB numbers in the mid 40s and above tho. Just remember, dagger is piercing, sword is slashing. So swords would probably be better on crawlers early on, and daggers on flys. (In CN for example)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:49 am 

ok thanks!