Lobby: Up
Online: 580
Sync Range: 15
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:46 am 

Phalanx 2 doesn't provide any more DR than Phalanx (Assuming Nas is retail accurate, anyway), so if you're tanking it's not making you any better, and if you're supporting you'll get more damage reduction in a fight from slow 2.

Phalanx 2 is useless unless you have other RDMs already covering slow2/para2

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:57 pm 

OperationFail wrote:

Slow II 5/5 was never an option. It was stated in the topic title and in my post. Not once did I ask if I should merit Slow II 5/5. The fact that the entire first page suggested Slow II 5/5 makes me worry about the reading comprehension of these forums.

The fact that literally everyone in the world knows you max Slow 2, and then everything else after that is personal preference....besides you, shouldn't make you question anyone's reading comprehension...

It should make you question your understanding of FFXI and RDM.

You don't have to explain why you don't want Slow 2, and why you want other spells... We already understood that you didn't have any idea what you were talking about. Saying it's "not an option" is just dumb. It's obviously an option. No one is going to ignore the best answer to a question just because the person asking the question doesn't realize it's the best answer.

In the end, good luck with it. Max Phalanx and Bio 3.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:31 pm 

Starbright wrote:
OperationFail wrote:

Slow II 5/5 was never an option. It was stated in the topic title and in my post. Not once did I ask if I should merit Slow II 5/5. The fact that the entire first page suggested Slow II 5/5 makes me worry about the reading comprehension of these forums.

The fact that literally everyone in the world knows you max Slow 2, and then everything else after that is personal preference....besides you, shouldn't make you question anyone's reading comprehension...

It should make you question your understanding of FFXI and RDM.

You don't have to explain why you don't want Slow 2, and why you want other spells... We already understood that you didn't have any idea what you were talking about. Saying it's "not an option" is just dumb. It's obviously an option. No one is going to ignore the best answer to a question just because the person asking the question doesn't realize it's the best answer.

In the end, good luck with it. Max Phalanx and Bio 3.

couldnt have worded it better myself

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:50 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
Pretty sure 3/5 into slow 2 will require less mind stacked to hit the cap, possibly freeing you up to run mp rings or something, but if your team likes that dia III double the length would probably serve them best.

I've seen conflicting data about Slow II potency. Some sources say each merit increases the minimum AND maximum capability of Slow II (which would be really good). While other sources claim that it just reduces the max mind you need to hit the slow% cap.

If I have to swap to my MND set to get max potency, that's fine by me. My enfeebles seem to always stick unless I'm on my melee set and even then it's probably 80% stick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:06 pm 

80% stick will get your group straight up murdered on a lot of things

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:39 pm 

I prefer dots over melee on my rdm, but if you do alot of meleeing dia 3 may be your thing.

I use rdm on my alt, (still has work to do but)
Rdm/blm stacking dots to debuff+dps out of 1 macro just works well for me, bio 3, poison 2, and stack burn/choke/shock for when my main is doing damage, or rasp/drown/frost when my main is tankin, toss a dark shot from a cor, and just let the dots do their thing while my alt does the slows, refresh, haste, silence or whatever else. Comes out to around 2k dmg for 150 mp, over 3min, plenty of time to get other casts in, + it's like -20% atk down on mobs, and -15? vit/int/mnd or dex/agi/str, coupling rasp/drown/frost with my main on drk, does some nice things when paired with absorbs. *shrugs* that's what works best for me, as always tho, do what's best for you and yours. I think you already know what u wanna do tho xD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:42 pm 

Starbright wrote:
I lack the ability to critically think so I parrot what other people say without knowing anything myself.

That's ok, friend. I made this topic so that people who are informed can discuss the benefits of these two options. You can just sit and watch if you don't understand what's going on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:49 pm 

OperationFail wrote:
Starbright wrote:
I lack the ability to critically think so I parrot what other people say without knowing anything myself.

That's ok, friend. I made this topic so that people who are informed can discuss the benefits of these two options. You can just sit and watch if you don't understand what's going on.

Reverse that. People are trying to make you see that you are uninformed about the topic, and legit help you. Instead your absolutely refusing to think outside your own box and possibly become a better rdm, but hey you do you. Don't expect anyone to help you with this attitude though.

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:09 pm 

OperationFail wrote:
Starbright wrote:

unfortunately I've leveled RDM to 75 more than once.. Nas has a thing for banning me..... Ever think that if you're saying that 10+ people are wrong, maybe you're lacking the ability to critical think?

I didn't parrot anything...... hell, he quoted my post and said he couldn't have said it better himself lol.

As Skitles pointed out, you can do whatever you want. It's your character. You sucking isn't going to bother us at all. You made a post though asking for what you should do, and then received the same answer by everyone and you were like "you're all just sheep"

shut the fuck up and go play FFXI. Don't ask for opinions if you don't want them unless they just agree with you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:32 pm 

Starbright wrote:
shut the fuck up and go play FFXI. Don't ask for opinions if you don't want them unless they just agree with you.

Literally what I said to myself when he posted "I only do content that 5 people can do." Info that should've been in the OP because then we all could've said, "You should do 5/5 Slow 2, but play your game." instead.

ETA: Endgame means sky, sea, dynamis, limbus, HNMs.

#RENTFREE
Deft/Drop