Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:29 pm 

While I don't recommend trying to DD as RDM in exp parties, being well geared for melee opens up a lot of duo or trio opportunities.

My trio and I had trouble on Charybdis when I was just buffing and debuffing. The fight took almost 30 minutes and it got dicey by the end of it. The next time we went for the kill and I was on my melee set, it took about 20 minutes with basically no hiccups.

With relatively decent gear, I'd say my RDM deals about 50-80% of what the typical DD swings for, depending on the mob. A lot of your damage comes from enspells so most importantly you need to be able to hit consistently. If the regular DD characters are having trouble hitting, your sword sure as hell won't have much luck connecting.

TLDR: Don't try past mid game in XP situations, consider melee a trick up your sleeve. You are, after all, the jack of all trades.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:29 pm 

If you want to play RDM dps, You'll be solo'ing things and not really melee'ing them. You do DoT to kill things. Rdm/Nin will be your best friend. Once you get your AF, Relic gear, and rest of the gear that keeps your refresh going and maxing your skill with mix of MAB/INT/MND you can solo a lot, it'll just take a long time.