Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Share your RDM gearset
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:55 am 

How many gearset do you have in your RDM? and can you share them here?

Would love to get some inspiration, unfortunately, most of older FFXIAH posts with gearset are gone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:05 pm 

drxq wrote:

Would love to get some inspiration, unfortunately, most of older FFXIAH posts with gearset are gone.

Max INT, Max MND, Enfeeb Skill, Ele Skill, Fast Cast, Convert and idle sets.

It's all pretty self explanatory. Max INT/MND isn't really needed until 75.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:13 am 

Kazen wrote:
drxq wrote:

Max INT, Max MND, Enfeeb Skill, Ele Skill, Fast Cast, Convert and idle sets.

It's all pretty self explanatory. Max INT/MND isn't really needed until 75.

Thanks Kazen,
Fastcast and Elem skill make sense, but the MAX INT/MND sets assumes you have enough acc to land within 1-3 tries?

Or you have different sets for high level mobs vs trash mobs and others in the middle? to balance accuracy of landing and potency.

how about max MP ? and what sort of states do you have in your idle?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:36 am 

drxq wrote:
Thanks Kazen,
Fastcast and Elem skill make sense, but the MAX INT/MND sets assumes you have enough acc to land within 1-3 tries?

Or you have different sets for high level mobs vs trash mobs and others in the middle? to balance accuracy of landing and potency.

When fully merited(RDM group 1s+2s+Enf Magic) you'll be primarily using a max MND/INT set for potency in meripo as your base 276+16 is enough to reliably land. As you approach endgame/HNMs, the same logic will apply but Enf Skill gear would need to be prioritized in some situations.

I personally have a full skill and full MND setup though I rarely use the former on Slow/Para. Enf Skill will still help things that don't get a buff from MND/INT such as Silence and Sleep.

drxq wrote:
how about max MP ? and what sort of states do you have in your idle?

My idle set has my MP sitting at just over my convert ratio(1.1k:1.1k). While leveling up I could see one being used at times but generally you won't be at full MP except for the start of your PT or after Convert.

As for idle set, Earth/Terra's Staff, Refresh/tick, Regen/tick, PDT/MDT(as needed).

Edit: Don't forget 2 MND/INT=1 M.Acc and can go to lower thresholds like 1.5MND/INT=1M.Acc depending on the situations.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention an Enhancing Set, although that is only 3 pieces of gear(AF legs, AF2 hands, Torque).

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:38 am 

I have a sleep set which is just max enfeeble, then INT. I use this for 90% of my enfeebles that I'm worried about.

Then a healing/idle set for typical exping which is just autorefresh/HMP/MND gear.

Then a melee set.

Then a MND set for big bad monsters that I actually care about my potency for. Usually for Paralyze II or Slow II.

Then a nuking set which I pretty much only use on end game stuff.

Then a max MP/Convert set which I usually wear on the way to my location (while refresh ticks up) so I can open up with Prot4/Shell4/Haste/Phalanx2/Refresh without it affecting so much of my idle set's MP.

You will almost never miss your enfeebles on standard IT stuff with just Iridal/AF chest/ merit (8/8) and walmart gear. So I'm not sure scaling enfeeble sets are much needed unless you are doing end game stuff. Out of laziness, I end up casting most of my enfeebles in my melee set and it's pretty much never been a problem on standard mobs.