Lobby: Up
Online: 52
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:59 pm 

Someone that left the server as I started here randomly left me some BLM goodies: 3 HQ staves and an Iridal. I thought I was going BLM at the time but I'm going RDM after all, so the 3 HQ staves (Pluto, Jupiter, Aquilo) aren't necessarily the best picks for endgame RDM activities. I'm looking to sell/trade my less needed staves to get the ones I need the most.

Which 3 are according to you the most importants?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:11 pm 

It depends on what you want to do endgame.

I do a lot of RDM soloing, so my one and only most important staff is Aquilo's for Ice Accuracy. The benefits to Ice nuking can't be overstated with this staff, so you're already good there: i recommend keeping it, hands down.

I do alot of CC'ing in Dynamis, so I have a Pluto's Staff too. For the most part it's not hard to land sleeps on beastmen, but once you get into Tavnazia you'll want a little extra help landing sleeps on Demons and Hydra. Also, RDM's dark skill sucks so it'll help land drains and aspirs.

Other than that, my next would probably be either HQ Wind for Grav accuracy, (because Kirin is a dickbag), or earth for slow2 accuracy.

But that 3rd staff would be dependent on what you are planning on doing in endgame with your RDM: nuking (keep jupiter), soloing (consider Wind for grav), tanking (you don't really NEED an HQ Earth staff, but you need an earth of some kind regardless so it might as well be HQ: helps land Slow2 as well)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:47 pm 

Interesting feedback, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:26 pm 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
Tank rdm? People still do that?

Sounds like someone’s volunteering ( ‘-‘)b

I’m going to murder Nas.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:37 pm 

As has been said, Aquilo's is a must because of the ele skill +10 and ice enfeebles (paralyze and bind) are some of the most useful enfeebles. Pluto is also another top HQ staff because of sleep, which can kill you if you don't land it consistently. Jupiter is near the bottom for utility because aside from nuking with thunder (which is kind of important but not really that much), not much else to be done with it. Easily the staff I'd trade/sell to get others.

If you asked me without even telling me you had 3 staves, I'd probably rank them in this order:
1. Ice
2. Dark
3. Earth (slow)
4. Wind (gravity)
5. Light (curing)
6. Thunder (nuking)
7. Water (poison)
8. Fire

If I'm not being picky, 3 through 5 could be swapped in any order probably. 7 and 8 as well.