Online: 57
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: RDM shopping list
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:22 pm 

Alright folks, now approching lvl 75.

Help me prioritize what should be my next 6 digits purchases, expecting me to already have the 5 digits stuff (Rainbow cape, Errant stuff etc).

"Major" items I got:

Iridal, Aquilo's and Pluto's staves.

What I'm thinking: Terra staff or Enfeebling Torque. The Terra staff is pretty expensive, but so is the Enfeebling Torque that would only get me a +2 Enfeeb over the Spider Torque. Could spend on a Loquacious too, but haven't finished CoP yet so I assume can't buy the item even if i buy the coins.

Anything else you can think of ?

Post subject: Re: RDM shopping list
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:47 pm 

Unless it was changed, you dont need limbus access to be able to purchase ABC items.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 pm 

Mickey wrote:
Unless it was changed, you dont need limbus access to be able to purchase ABC items.

Yeah I have been told. Apparently the Loqua earring isn't that good though. Figured it'd provide more fast cast than that. Probably not a priority.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:26 pm 

I would say make an inventory of items you deem helpful in you're pursuits to attain more money. For example, if you've been doing OWNMs with a group, make some dual investments to increase your productivity on these fronts.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:00 pm 

If you already have an Earth staff, you're probably fine riding that for a while without needing to upgrade to Terra's. Especially if you already have a good hit rate with your Slow2. As for upgrading to Enfeebling torque: again, only a priority if you are seeing just a few too many resists than you're comfortable with.

What "kind" of RDM do you want to be? Support/healer? Solo Melee? Solo Kiting? Tank? All or part of the above?

Each role has a different set of "Must have" gear, and depending on how you want to do things, your priorities will shift:
Tank: Start looking into getting Zenith gear for your Cure Cheat macro *glances at Nab*, and other HP- or HP conversion pieces, like rings/astral earring. Also a darksteel armor set, and possibly fire resist stuff if you aspire to tank Tiamat someday (or solo Suzaku). Also, Haste/Fast cast stuff: belt, dusk hands/feet, etc.
Solo Kiting: Get your hands on W.Legs. Next, anything else to boost ice accuracy/enfeebling/INT. Merit the crap out of Ice Accuracy.
Healer/Support: I don't know of too many "must have" pieces since curing people and casting -na's doesn't require magic skills or much in stats.
Melee: RDM sword skill sucks so meleeing anything beyond farming / trash mobs you'll want accuracy. A pair of snipers rings and a scorpion harness is a good start, and still somewhat cheap.

Edited in response to Kubi's reply.

Last edited by Vavaud on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.