Lobby: Up
Online: 51
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:29 am 

Chakan wrote:
I'll pre-face my comment with the fact that I'm not a high level RDM here on Nasomi yet...

But wouldn't Evasion on RDM suck no matter what on anything of significant level? Wouldn't it be more worthwhile to deck out in -DT gear instead where possible?

That's what I was thinking. Anything you fight that requires some effort will just have huge acc due to rdm's shitty evasion rating + level difference no? Things seem to fall into one of two categories here. Easy as heck to kill to the point where evasion is meaningless, or hits like a truck and you gotta blink tank + kite it; an unfortunate consequence of level difference penalties.

I suppose if you're fighting something around lvl75 you could get good evasion with blind2 + evasion gear, but then you can just sleep->nuke anything anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:26 pm 

Cilarnen wrote:
Chakan wrote:
I'll pre-face my comment with the fact that I'm not a high level RDM here on Nasomi yet...

But wouldn't Evasion on RDM suck no matter what on anything of significant level? Wouldn't it be more worthwhile to deck out in -DT gear instead where possible?

That's what I was thinking. Anything you fight that requires some effort will just have huge acc due to rdm's shitty evasion rating + level difference no? Things seem to fall into one of two categories here. Easy as heck to kill to the point where evasion is meaningless, or hits like a truck and you gotta blink tank + kite it; an unfortunate consequence of level difference penalties.

I suppose if you're fighting something around lvl75 you could get good evasion with blind2 + evasion gear, but then you can just sleep->nuke anything anyway?

So what you are saying.....is my life is a lie.....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:41 pm 

I just think it'd be wasted inventory. Decked out Evasion sets work out much better on NIN and THF due to their already high natural skill caps. The gear just pushes it that much higher.

If you work on some solid DT sets, and stack available defensive buffs, it'll probably be more beneficial in the long run. Also, in a situation where you might get wrecked, try casting Sleeps (and other defensive spells like Bind, Gravity, etc.) in partial DT along with self-buffs to help reduce your chances of being interrupted. On retail, using sets like this allowed me to have a lot of fun on BLM that otherwise would've been pretty deadly.

Again, I'm fairly new here and YMMV here on Nasomi.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:14 pm 

Chakan wrote:
I just think it'd be wasted inventory. Decked out Evasion sets work out much better on NIN and THF due to their already high natural skill caps. The gear just pushes it that much higher.

If you work on some solid DT sets, and stack available defensive buffs, it'll probably be more beneficial in the long run. Also, in a situation where you might get wrecked, try casting Sleeps (and other defensive spells like Bind, Gravity, etc.) in partial DT along with self-buffs to help reduce your chances of being interrupted. On retail, using sets like this allowed me to have a lot of fun on BLM that otherwise would've been pretty deadly.

Again, I'm fairly new here and YMMV here on Nasomi.

You're totally right here. There seems to be no haste cap on this server.. I've found as a thf that using evasion gear is utterly pointless 99% of the time. Why drag a fight out when you can just kill it faster? An evasion set for nin or thf would be useful for charybdis, but not much else. I also bring my PDT set for blm everywhere. It gives you wayyy more survivability.

Bringing this back to RDM. a PDT set would be fantastic for when you know you're going to take damage. I've got on on my rdm (only missing a dring lol!) and it can make all the difference, bringing hits that would deal 400+ to 180-250.

Anyways, sorry to derail.

Benzula, if you're going to solo non NM mobs with an evasion set, I'd say do it as long as they are not Tough+.

If you're a bit more keen on some elaboration, feel free to PM me with the exact monsters you'd consider unleashing your rdm evasion set on.