Lobby: Up
Online: 47
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:07 pm 

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at doing RDM/NIN for some solo lolols.

Right now I have this set that I am going to go for, the evasion set. I'll be getting the HQ Staves. But I figured High evasion for auto attacking and swaping gears for Cures/Buffs/debuffs.

Any advice for me?

https://imgur.com/a/Y6w1K

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:39 pm 

Evasion torque and boxer's mantle would be huge upgrades and aren't prohibitively expensive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 pm 

Assuming they work here (I haven't bought and tested myself) a good situational upgrade for hands would be Master Caster's Mitts:

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Caster%27s_Mitts

If you're not Windurstian you may still be able to buy them when your nation ranks higher than Windurst in conquest, though I'm not 100% sure about how well that works on Nasomi either.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 pm 

Vavaud wrote:
Assuming they work here (I haven't bought and tested myself) a good situational upgrade for hands would be Master Caster's Mitts:

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Caster%27s_Mitts

If you're not Windurstian you may still be able to buy them when your nation ranks higher than Windurst in conquest, though I'm not 100% sure about how well that works on Nasomi either.

Ya I saw that, since I am sandy though, more likely my team has control. It might be good if I reach rank 10 and then Switch to Bastok, since they never own anything :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:48 pm 

You might also want to check out the Master Caster Bracelets from Windurst as well:

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Caster%27s_Bracelets

I can confirm that these work inside dynamis even though they shouldn't. They're an excellent piece for Enfeebling, and will assist with sleepgas, or with sticking enfeebs on high level mobs you're soloing (Steam cleaner, other sky NM's and gods, etc.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:46 pm 

If you're evasion tanking on rdm, chances are you won't be doing any type of melee. I'd suggest some bat earrings and blind potions over the elusives (those are also pretty rare on this server)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:29 pm 

Aperture wrote:
If you're evasion tanking on rdm, chances are you won't be doing any type of melee. I'd suggest some bat earrings and blind potions over the elusives (those are also pretty rare on this server)

So rely mostly on the Enfeeble damage? Aka Poison/Dia etc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:28 pm 

Benzula wrote:
Aperture wrote:

I guess I was thinking about particular mobs, but if you're going to fight something like... Serket or King Arthro, you'd probably just want to go with a full melee build. Poison/bio would only be useful on a select amount of mobs on this server.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:08 pm 

Aperture wrote:
Benzula wrote:
Aperture wrote:

I guess I was thinking about particular mobs, but if you're going to fight something like... Serket or King Arthro, you'd probably just want to go with a full melee build. Poison/bio would only be useful on a select amount of mobs on this server.

So don't go for Evasion gear at all for King Arthro? Go for +Att +Str gear?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:11 am 

I'll pre-face my comment with the fact that I'm not a high level RDM here on Nasomi yet...

But wouldn't Evasion on RDM suck no matter what on anything of significant level? Wouldn't it be more worthwhile to deck out in -DT gear instead where possible?