Lobby: Up
Online: 66
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Parties after last 41?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:18 pm 

I was curious how often parties xp grind at these levels, for the most part I have been doing lvl sync in quif and dunes, I am excited about the use of refresh and convert for parties and becoming a stronger group healer in general, or will these mostly be toys I can use for solo play mostly?

Also at 40 will the need for astral rings on my elvaan be less valuable should I switch to mind/Int rings?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:41 pm 

There tend to be a lot more low level sync parties but at 50+ there are parties in King Ranperre's Tomb, 60ish in Labyrinth of Onzozo, etc. Those parties tend to have a higher exp per hour rate than the lower level syncs as well. So there are some higher level options but because of the nature of the server population, there are a lot of low level sync options.

As far as the low level syncs go, I tend to abandon the dunes as soon as possible because (except in unusual circumstances) the exp rate is far worse than qufim, bibiki bay, GC, etc.

If you're healing, astral rings will be mostly what you want. Without getting into gear swap scenarios, they're probably your safest best because landing enfeebles like slow, blind, para, etc. should be fairly easy on mobs you exp on. But if you want to gear swap with your macros, that'll be the way to go in the long term so maybe you can start practicing now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:11 pm 

That's good to know I like solo but I was starting to think if it was even worth it to keep updating spells and gear past 30. I will probably try to trade in my astral rings as soon as I hit 40, it's been pretty awesome using them on my other jobs with sum sub for less downtime and making my plds mp pretty high with whom sub for solo.

can't wait for higher lvls now thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:18 am 

What i would say is do what you want to do.
For me i hate going to the same zones and enjoy going to different camps.
The only way you will get to do this though is by making parties or finding a couple of people who will static party.
At the moment i am leveling RDM and have went to valk>qufim>bibiki>zitah>crawlers>desert>garliage and quicksand caves.
I am currently at 50 and got to use all my spells.

So if you really want to move camps the options are there for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:04 pm 

How applicable is this list for Nasomi? I used this a lot back in the days.

http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:12 pm 

The issue is, the server is bottom heavy. There are so many more low level players than there are high level players, so it's much easier to form lower level parties. If 5 players 50+ get together, and just need a tank, but the only tank available is level 28ish, then you end up going to a level 28 camp.

This has gotten a LOT better in recent months/years, though. When I first started, there were only 20-30 people, so it was dunes/qufim all the way to 75. It was rough, because then you try to do high level content and realize your skills are still level 20.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:56 am 

Dunts PT {Do you need it?} I know you miss that beach. The waves, the crabs, the fish... Dunes forever <3