Lobby: Up
Online: 47
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Broken RDM MAB
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:07 pm 

Can anyone explain why RDM doesn't have Magic attack bonus on this server? Nasomi, as far as i know, is advertised as a 2006 retail era server, and during this era MAB is a trait RDM could obtain up to tier III.

(link to cache'd era wiki from 2006 http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Red_ ... did=176970)

When i asked in IRC, i pretty much got trolled with "Oh well COR's are gonna sub RDM if that happens and wipe their groups" - Deadwing,
but as far as i'm concerned, the subjob system in this game was designed so jobs could be flexible for different situations. Plus, this is already obtainable with black mage sub.

The other response i recieved was "LOLOLOL RDM IS'NT ALREADY OP ENOUGH?" - Nasomi
But I believe what that was referring to was RDM/BLM.

The issue here is that RDM should get its own attack bonus traits without BLM sub.
RDM at 75 Should get Tier III MAB, which would give +28 m.att,
Currently you need /BLM to obtain tier II MAB, which gives +24 m.att.

Giving the proper era traits to RDM isn't going to make it lolololopopop, all it's going to do is add functionality to a job that it should already have, and let you sub /nin /whm or anything else and not have gimp nukes.

Post subject: Re: Broken RDM MAB
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

If you must know, and insist on misquoting people, here's a few words.

This server is a work in progress. It's not done. The things that are the most wrong are the things that get worked on first. That is to say, things that have the largest impact, such as every nm chainspawning, will take priority over one job not having an ability that does not make a huge impact.

There are countless things in the works right now, and i don't make anyone privy to the things I'm working on, for various reasons.

However, if you continue to insist that things are done so poorly here, no one is forcing you to play. Believe it or not, I take it very personally when people attack the thing that I have devoted my life to for the past 3 years. If you think you can do better, by all means. If you insist on cutting people down, you'll be asked to leave.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:59 pm 

I'm not meaning to attack you or the server. I appreciate what you do for all of us, and none of us would be playing at all if you weren't nice enough to host this for us. I'm sorry my previous post came across that way.

I only made this post to point out one of many issues, so maybe you can add it to your list of things to fix, instead of me just casually mentioning it in IRC.
I also tried to ask you about this issue in irc and instead of my input being welcomed, and feedback actually looked into and thought about, i felt like i was basically trolled into just leaving the chat.

I was just trying to make a case that RDM should indeed get MAB.

Is there anywhere other than forums/irc where issues can be reported?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

The list of issues is endless. If it really bothers you, msg me daily on NasChat® until i fix it. I don't do forums, because correspondence is a hassle. At any given moment I'm fixing a half dozen things while being bothered by a half dozen people to fix other things, so ANY free time I get, will be tending to who ever is screaming in my ear at the moment. It might take a day or a week or a month, the persistent players are more likely to get their fixes. I only put about 10-12 hours of development a day, so you gotta squeeze in there and be persistent. And remember, I've had people screaming at me all day every day for the past 3 years. Some people complained for months upon months before fixed. Then "omg i told you once why isn't it done" players come and get upset.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:03 pm 

I've been playing RDM a bunch lately and I'll be honest, I didn't even realize that MAB wasn't there. Not to discount your information or anything, just giving my anecdotal experience.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:18 pm 

As a 75 RDM both here and retail. I did notice that my nukes seemed weaker than I remember and brushed it off. However I hadn't realized that we were missing those traits.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:13 am 

tokitaki wrote:
As a 75 RDM both here and retail. I did notice that my nukes seemed weaker than I remember and brushed it off. However I hadn't realized that we were missing those traits.

You're mistaken, Red Mage nukes are actually stronger on Nasomi than they ever were in era retail, even with the absence of these MAB traits. This is because the damage formula simply isn't the same. As a retail Red Mage from 2006-2010 it is very noticable to me, the power of tier II nukes especially.

For reference, I recently went back to retail to help out with getting details on NMs/HNMs. My RDM there (delvld to 75 for the sake of testing) is geared like a utter god for the era.

My gear crushes the gear I have on Nasomi (largely due to no access to morrigan's etc currently, on nasomi), my merits too, yet my nukes on Nasomi still slightly out power my god-geared retail RDM, which is nuts.

So yeah, having my retail RDM outperformed by the nasomi one is pretty intense all things considered (there has even been numerous adjustments in retail in regards to nuke formula that make nukes stronger/faster etc).

As for this topic, unless the nuking damage gets refined a bit better RDM should probably stay clear of this trait. Being able to land a 700~ tier III on King Behemoth from RDM is way strong enough, and the gear required to do so isn't all that heavy. I can just barely make that damage in retail with the absolute best gear/better merits and the nuking adjustments.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:37 pm 

You seem to have missed the entire point of this thread.
Quote:
The issue here is that RDM should get its own attack bonus traits without BLM sub.

If that's the issue, it should at least get the first 2 tiers that you already achieve with BLM sub.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:21 pm 

iii wrote:
You seem to have missed the entire point of this thread.
Quote:

If that's the issue, it should at least get the first 2 tiers that you already achieve with BLM sub.

No, I didn't. In an endgame scene the only real time to sub BLM on RDM is toah HNM, and your duty in such instances is not the use of elemental magic. If we're talking solo for NMs or something, you're better off /nin.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:55 pm 

Is this post on about just the trait or do RDM have problems also with MAB from gear like moldavite earring etc these work right?