Lobby: Up
Online: 56
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Broken RDM MAB
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:58 am 

I get your point iii, but I really don't think you word it very nicely. Nasomi loved the era-FFXI just like us, and when he nailed down all the more serious issue I'm confident he'll get to that. I had experienced and witness first-handed Nasomi fixing bugs and helping people who got stuck. Especially the past couple weeks we had storm issue and ISP issue and Nas was hands-on on top of those. So rest assured, he's not just idling comfortably from a high seat. He's busy as a bee.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:46 pm 

sceptre wrote:
Is this post on about just the trait or do RDM have problems also with MAB from gear like moldavite earring etc these work right?

I've seen Uggapileh Pendant on RDMs walking around so I'm assuming MAB on gear is working as intended.

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:28 pm 

Insight wrote:
iii wrote:
You seem to have missed the entire point of this thread.
Quote:
The issue here is that RDM should get its own attack bonus traits without BLM sub.

If that's the issue, it should at least get the first 2 tiers that you already achieve with BLM sub.

No, I didn't. In an endgame scene the only real time to sub BLM on RDM is toah HNM, and your duty in such instances is not the use of elemental magic. If we're talking solo for NMs or something, you're better off /nin.

Oh my bad, i was under the impression this game was about trying different job combinations and having fun to get things done. I'll go back to your cookie cutter setup now. Thanks insight.
/clap
/clap
/clap
/clap

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:56 pm 

iii wrote:
Insight wrote:
iii wrote:
You seem to have missed the entire point of this thread.

If that's the issue, it should at least get the first 2 tiers that you already achieve with BLM sub.

No, I didn't. In an endgame scene the only real time to sub BLM on RDM is toah HNM, and your duty in such instances is not the use of elemental magic. If we're talking solo for NMs or something, you're better off /nin.

Oh my bad, i was under the impression this game was about trying different job combinations and having fun to get things done. I'll go back to your cookie cutter setup now. Thanks insight.
/clap
/clap
/clap
/clap

Easily offended, and quick to offend, you're gonna do well around here.

If being unoptimized for not only yourself, but others is something you derive fun from, might I suggest COR/PUP? Sounds selfish to me, while you may have fun, a not so great sub choice for the situation isn't so much for others.

Anyway, you want this MAB trait for Red Mage for sub job purposes, but are not considering what situation it would put main job Red Mage in. It wouldn't be good for balance, considering the current damage formula for elemental magic. And I'm not saying this because I don't like Red Mages, I have a Lv.75 Red Mage myself, job balance is a concern of mine.

Just be patient, what you wish for may very well come around, but until that time there are more pressing issues to be addressed, elemental magic being adjusted first and foremost before this included.