Lobby: Up
Online: 55
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:41 pm 

I generally only play on Nasomi when I'm doing something else, either watching TV, or something else that requires low effort. I attempted to get parties around level 12 but there were no invites, so I decided to just solo my way until I was strong enough to get through the Valkurm Dunes tunnel on the Konschat side (too broke for sneak oils). Low party invites, or requiring a /whm (which I didn't have) and I was, and am, still broke as hell and felt bad about partying with welfare gear. I've just been soloing since. I mostly just Buff with Protect, Blaze Spikes, and Enblizzard, then pull with Paralyze and half pay attention to heal myself as necessary. Currently 35 and slowly climbing.

Gear is obviously a lot different than in a party. I prioritize a lot of damage mitigation gear like agi and vit over standard int/mind stuff, also, I'm broke as hell.

Always Signet. Don't level without it. I'm at like 18k Conquest Points right now, and I've spent a ton of them on garbage to get me started.

1-10
South Gustaberg
Gear: RSE to 10, obviously if you're a high roller and have Leaping Boots use those at 7, and a Justice Badge. Use Nation Ring. Wax Sword+1 ideal, Bronze Sword for plebs like me.

10-15
Gear: Full Legionaires Set, Spatha/Bee Spatha (+1), Aspis @ 13 get Guerilla Gloves, or Battle Gloves at 14 if you can afford them. Scentless also a good option. Ring of Choice at 14, I used +1 Vit. +2 int rings also a good choice. Warriors Belt or +1
Dangruf Wadi
Bees, Crabs and Goblins.

15-20
Gear: Bone available at 16, but skippable for Lizard instead at 17. Pickup a Iron Sword if you're broke, or a Flame Sword if you're rich (En-spells generally better than Flame Sword). Dhalmel Mantle at 18.
Konschat Highlands
Lizards, Saplings and Bees.
Move onto
Sheep, and Goblins, with a dabling of Bees/Lizards/Saplings

20-28
Gear: Full Beetle, keep battle gloves. If you got an Emp. Hairpin put it on ya sily goose.
Valkurm Dunes
Lizard loop on Konschat side, can incorporate
Once lizards are slow, move through the tunnel and do the crabs inbetween Selbina and Konschat zone
Higher levels start incorprating Sheep and Damselflies if you prefer.
I was able to kill Ghouls for subjob quest around 26ish. I didn't get a magicked skull until I got help from a Thief named Wyrmhole at 28ish.
After I got Subjob I subbed Monk cause I had it at 14. Counter is helpful.

28-30
Gear: RSE might be a good option depending on race. Otherwise push to 30.
Buburimu Penninsula
Generally lower traffic than Valkurm. I got to 30 killing Vultures, Rabbits and Goblins around the Outpost near Meriphataud Mountains, but was fully capable of killing Dhalmel and other higher level enemies here.
Switched to Warrior subjob here. I don't know if it performs better than /Mnk honestly.

30-35
Gear: Full Centurion's or Mercenary Captains. Recommended Centurion's legs and boots over Merc captain. Centurion's is much cheaper than Merc captains as well. Centurion's Sword is excellent. Merc Captain Belt.
Valkurm Dunes
Snippers and Leeches above the Outpost
Low EXP, but extremely safe as long as you don't pull multiple leeches. Easy camps, easy to setup combat and AFK.
Made a good chunk of coin vendoring crab meat though.

35-X
Gear: Wing or Drone Earrings if you're a boss. Upgrade Centurion Sword if you have the dosh. Black/White Cape.
Rolanberry Fields
Deathwasps, Crawlers, and Goobues. Trying to make some money, and maybe get some moss for rep.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:01 pm 

30+ rdm u can kit for bcnm30 to get monomi drops from die by tge sword, that'll solve your early level gil problems. Can get yourself a possible refresh scroll in the process and erase if u sub whm 64+. Other than that decent choices on mobs so far. 20-30 may have went faster in korroloka tunnel tho, opens up farming iron ore from worms to pop morion worm for tathlums also. Rolanberry will be good 35-39 or so, I think most bees become too weak at 38 and crawls at 39.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:04 pm 

The 20-28 Range:

You can go to the OP in Jugner and kill saplings and Birds until around 24/25 then add beetles to the mix.

I go there to top off on skill ups after dunes parties.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:03 am 

Thanks for this post! I usually do not have too much time to get into parties because of my work schedule but this is fantastic to help me level RDM to sub with my BLM, which right now im 42blm/18rdm. :)

I Want To Make Gil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:41 am 

Welcome to my Rolanberry hell
I've been in Rolanberry fields since my last post. Occasionally I ran around Sauromauge Champaign, or Batallia Downs. Rolanberry just seems the safest and easiest.
You can kill Tigers and Goblins in Battalia, and Skinks and Yagudo in Sauromauge. Yagudo not a bad option if you want to farm some necklaces for Mihgo's Amigo Norg rep.

Kill everything in Rolanberry that's easy prey.
Deathwasps go Too Weak around 39-41ish.
Berry Grubs are a mix of EP/Too Weak at 41, and I plan on using them until 42.
Quadav, and Goobues are still routinely EP, with the occasional Decent Challenge Quadav.
Basically just kill everything EP. Avoid Ochus.

Gear options are extremely limited for level's 30-40. Best option is likely still merc captain / centurions. At level 40 you can buy a Buzzard Tuck. This is a cheap option, because Red Mages never melee in parties after like level 30. It's actually perfect for soloing because its cheap, good, and increases your en-spell damage.

My current gear setup: Buzzard Tuck, Targe+1 (Would much rather have a lantern shield, or viking shield, or equivalent. Too broke), Centurion's Visor, Justice Badge, Drone Earrings x2, Merc Captains Doublet, Battle Gloves, Bastokan Ring, Eremites Ring, Black Cape, Merc Captains Belt, Centurion's Greaves, Merc Captain Gaiters (For fashion).

Soloing takes a very long time post 35. My gear is obviously trash, but it's because I've been investing more in stuff like Bag space and maps. I have a very limited spell pool as well, but I could probably remedy that if I grouped up since I have something absurd like 700 beastmans seals

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm 

Level 42 to 43 so far has been in Sauromauge Campaign on Tabar Beaks, Skinks, and Goblins.
Tabar Beaks still routinely check as Decent Challenge, but aren't overly difficult. I dodge a lot of attacks, probably because I have fairly strong itemization for agility and evasion.
Rate of EXP significantly faster here than in Rolanberry Fields. There is a risk of death if you get Petrified at a bad time, but over all it's been pretty uneventful. Helpful that the spawns are close to Port Jeuno.
Swapped to Monk sub and it seems more impactful than /War. Counter happens often enough, and Dodge when I get a link or aggroed mid fight is helpful. Extra vit seems good.
I'll likely stay here as long as I can. Was considering going to Yuhtunga Jungle but this is definitely more convenient.

Current Gear Setup post farming for like a week in Giddeus for gear for pre-30's:
43 Red Mage / 19 Monk
Buzzard Tuck
Targe+1
Emperor Hairpin
Justice Badge
Drone Earrings x2
Earth Doublet
Battle Gloves
Bastokan Ring / Eremites Ring
Black Cape
Mercenary Captains Belt
Combat Caster's Slacks
Leaping Boots

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:59 pm 

Tried the gobs at altep outpost yet? Those are nice around those levels, just keep barfire up and the suicides are like free exp ^^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:05 am 

I haven't tried that spot yet, it looked a bit high level based on the wiki. I stopped at 44 and decided to finally get my Khazam airship pass.
Since I was there anyways I decided to do my Dragoon final battle.

For those interested: Soloed as a 44 Rdm / 19 Mnk
No Food or Drinks
Gear all same as above post.
Standard Buffs - Protect Shell Phalanx Aquaveil Stoneskin Blink Enblizzard and Ice Spikes
Didn't rest or convert, just pulled with Slow
Fight was safe, but very slow. Took like 7 and a half minutes.
Had to reapply Enblizzard, even with Buzzard Tuck.
I used my Chainspell mostly for safety. I may have been able to do it without but I didnt want to risk it.
Chainspell > Convert > Cure 3 > Cure 3 > Cure 3 > Reapply most buffs and I was basically at 75 MP left.
Used Dodge as soon as the fight started, and a second time when it went off cooldown.
I missed a lot, and I gained quite a few skill ups for shield, and parrying, so he's probably right around that level 40ish mark.
I was getting it for around 40 HP, but I dodged or parried most of his attacks.
Probably common knowledge, but this was basically the whole point of me soloing Red Mage to 30+, that and eventually wanted to unlock Ninja, Samurai and Paladin.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:58 pm 

Sanctuary of zitah is good around the Outpost. I'm lvl 45 and fight flies and mushrooms for skill-ups and extra xp. Mushrooms can silence and blind and flies have poison so precast barsilenca/barwater first... Found that out the hard way. ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:51 pm 

I did much of what you're describing, but while doing RDM/BST. It's a lot of fun and you can rely on your pet to tank for you. The rub is you need to lvl BST up to an appropriate level to get the most out of it.

One thing I might suggest if you have loads of seals sitting around is to burn a bunch on the Treasure and Tribulations BCNM. It's a 1/3 chance of guessing the right chest. If you get it wrong, you die. But the rewards can be quite substantial. It'll eat up seals, but statistically you're going to win every so often and you can do it solo.