Lobby: Up
Online: 44
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:42 pm 

Not sure if this is covered or not but after reading the ws/sc addition, I think it's also important to note that on nasomi, closing a skillchain gives the added skillchain damage to the person who used the closing ws. I'm unsure if the emnity from that damage is tricked onto a trick attack target or not, but as a pld closing with a hefty swift to make darkness will give you emnity for the 400 swift blade and again for the 400 darkness skillchain damage. Just #nasthings enjoying the read keep up the good work^^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:25 pm 

Please list the items in each set. I can't discern just by looking at them yet.
And TY, I've gone from knowing nothing about PLD/NIN to well on my way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:39 pm 

Very nice guide. Thank you. I never played PLD on retail but wanted to give it a try here. Learned so much about the job. I have a question though. Is taru PLD as some people say, not that great? I always wanted to level a taru PLD but hearing people say it's pretty crappy is kind of discouraging.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:59 am 

Hello~

It's been a while since I had a look here! Let's go one by one...

The_Carrot wrote:
Not sure if this is covered or not but after reading the ws/sc addition, I think it's also important to note that on nasomi, closing a skillchain gives the added skillchain damage to the person who used the closing ws. I'm unsure if the emnity from that damage is tricked onto a trick attack target or not, but as a pld closing with a hefty swift to make darkness will give you emnity for the 400 swift blade and again for the 400 darkness skillchain damage. Just #nasthings enjoying the read keep up the good work^^

Thanks for the comments! I read them a while ago and I was able to fool around with it a bit. I haven't done exhaustive testing, but it definitely seems to be the case! I would still advocate for full on accuracy when closing a SC, if anything just to ensure the MBs can actually happen.

Mezmerism wrote:
Please list the items in each set. I can't discern just by looking at them yet.
And TY, I've gone from knowing nothing about PLD/NIN to well on my way.

Glad it helped :) You have all the items listed at the start of the original post, under "Resources". You also have them individually linked under "Equipsets and Macros".

Sakurya wrote:
Very nice guide. Thank you. I never played PLD on retail but wanted to give it a try here. Learned so much about the job. I have a question though. Is taru PLD as some people say, not that great? I always wanted to level a taru PLD but hearing people say it's pretty crappy is kind of discouraging.

Taru PLDs are just as viable as any others. Sure the HP pool is lower, but that will only be a problem during XP (Pecking Flurry is going to suck). In endgame, you won't be taking enough damage that will one-shot you, aside of the couple extreme events posted in the guide itself - and that's why you have a specific gearset for those! If anything, Tarus excel over other races at gaining initial hate, as you can spam C4 and C3 at the start of a fight without it affecting your mana pool as much as Galka or Dhalmels like myself. After the first couple of rounds of C4s, though, max MP won't matter much - at which point you can macro in Cassie Earring if you feel you might take a beating.

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:14 pm 

This is a good write-up.

Shambles I'm sure you understand this, but your post doesn't touch on it directly:

Pld/nin only has two ways to get meaningful net CE: 1) dealing damage 2) curing for HP they did not lose.
This means that in situations where you're not meleeing for tp feed reasons, the *only* way to build meaningful CE is to cure cheat yourself, or cure someone who's taken damage.

You mention in your post about no -25% gear cap on MDT, but I'm not sure why anyone would expect a -25% gear cap (unless you're clarifying it's not like haste gear cap).

A couple of things that I think the post could include:

1) You can get shield blocks while kiting if you are in first person mode running backwards.

2) It's possible to set a cure III cheat up without visibly blinking by using rings, earrings, back, ammo etc.

3) Medication and food? Defense vs hp vs enmity vs intimidation food. How strong vile elixir and vile elixir +1 are. Yag drinks? Covering what exactly a hi elixir does. Hermes Quincher?

4) I think you should talk a bit about timing shadow casting, especially ichi. Also how double and triple attacks work from a spell interruption perspective.

5) It's odd to me that sub drg is mentioned but sub drk is not. Especially on fights where your hate is getting reset a lot, drk sub is great

6) A bit more detail on how elemental resistances work and when they're used I think would be good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:44 pm 

Amazing post !!

what do you mean by "• Cure yourself using cure cheat if DDs are overdoing it.", can someone help me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:00 pm 

drxq wrote:
Amazing post !!

what do you mean by "• Cure yourself using cure cheat if DDs are overdoing it.", can someone help me

A cure cheat is when you equip gear that raises your max HP and then you cure yourself for the difference.

i.e. if your max HP in your idle gear is 1000 and you're sitting on 1000 HP (100%) and then you macro in a Gigant Mantle (+80HP) and a Bomb Queen Ring (+75HP) than your HP will still be at 1000 but your new max HP is 1155. So you can Cure yourself for the difference to generate enmity. You can macro this gear in and out and keep curing yourself provided you have MP to do so.

@DW I never would of considered first person mode and running backwards, that's too good :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:32 pm 

seventythree19 wrote:
drxq wrote:
Amazing post !!

A cure cheat is when you equip gear that raises your max HP and then you cure yourself for the difference.

i.e. if your max HP in your idle gear is 1000 and you're sitting on 1000 HP (100%) and then you macro in a Gigant Mantle (+80HP) and a Bomb Queen Ring (+75HP) than your HP will still be at 1000 but your new max HP is 1155. So you can Cure yourself for the difference to generate enmity. You can macro this gear in and out and keep curing yourself provided you have MP to do so.

@DW I never would of considered first person mode and running backwards, that's too good :D

oh wow nice trick, I just tried to look up some exmaple on ffxiah, but I just found that people call cheat cure set to be items with -hp ? haha the other way around?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:39 pm 

drxq wrote:
oh wow nice trick, I just tried to look up some exmaple on ffxiah, but I just found that people call cheat cure set to be items with -hp ? haha the other way around?

I believe you can do it that way as well, you can remove HP by lowering your max HP with gear that has -hp stat and then swap back to your other gear which will raise your max HP again and you can cure to bring yourself back up. Might be a little riskier to drop your HP rather than raise your max HP. I'm not sure how many -hp gear options there are for PLD, seems easier to find +hp gear.

Than again, my PLD is lvl 20 so I will happily admit my ignorance and let someone else answer properly if I'm misinformed.