Lobby: Up
Online: 53
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:09 am 

Baldr wrote:

These abilities are so overpowered that a PLD need only hit 75, get a handful of merits, and go off to tank knowing Fealty and Rampart will more than compensate for poor support, gear, and/or player ability.

I was never a PLD in retail, and I'm sure someone can fill in some more nuance, but it's pretty obvious that PLD is not functioning as it should.

New to the server, but for what it's worth I main'd PLD on retail. Poor gear and lack of ability got you nowhere back then, especially when it came to end game: Sky, Sea, HNMs, and while my encounter with Aht Urhgan was brief that as well.

As far as Fealty/Rampart: it's been a long time, so I could be wrong, but I have no knowledge of Fealty. I stopped playing sometime mid 2006 and from what I remember for merit as PLD is you'd focus on Shield and Enmity primarily. Also, back then Rampart was nothing more than a second Provoke 9 times out of 10.

EDIT: a word.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:11 am 

^ this was almost as productive as this sad troll attempt of a thread

(althought the fixes proposed are completley valid yet not as important as the BST thread; srybud)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:21 am 

Kohta wrote:

(althought the fixes proposed are completley valid yet not as important as the BST thread; srybud)

What about this, aside from copying Aperture's initial format is a troll?

No sense hopping onto the BST thread, which is definitely the more broken job of the two, with the issues that pertain entirely to PLD. This job is overpowered and creates substantially easier game play within endgame as a result. Hardly the goal of a CoP Era server. It's not a question, it's an objective fact. If you're concerned about the impact of PLD being adjusted in any way, perhaps you should be looking inward to find the problem. Otherwise, it's still worth talking about. We, as a server, let too much go undisclosed. If we want to elicit a fix, we have to talk about it. That's how communication works, champ.

I’m going to murder Nas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:29 am 

Baldr wrote:
Kohta wrote:

What about this, aside from copying Aperture's initial format is a troll?

No sense hopping onto the BST thread, which is definitely the more broken job of the two, with the issues that pertain entirely to PLD. This job is overpowered and creates substantially easier game play within endgame as a result. Hardly the goal of a CoP Era server. It's not a question, it's an objective fact. If you're concerned about the impact of PLD being adjusted in any way, perhaps you should be looking inward to find the problem. Otherwise, it's still worth talking about. We, as a server, let too much go undisclosed. If we want to elicit a fix, we have to talk about it. That's how communication works, champ.

Especially on FFXI, nerfing one thing typically means opening the gates for slightly less optimal options, and the spectrum of FFXI endgame gets a lot more colorful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:32 am 

I'm (probably?) the oldest active BST on the server, but ultimately I welcome any change that favours job balance and overall game difficulty-- I couldn't care less which jobs are buffed/nerfed if its moving in the direction of achieving the spirit of CoP era. From that perspective, BST and PLD are seriously over powered and PUP is seriously flawed. If they're adjusted, Nasomi willing, we might actually see NINs being used out at camps more often. That seems like a good progression overall.

I’m going to murder Nas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:02 am 

Maybe it's because I haven't done enough of the content where I would notice the difference, but I think it's a stretch to ever call pld "overpowered".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:07 am 

Phyrefly wrote:
Maybe it's because I haven't done enough of the content where I would notice the difference, but I think it's a stretch to ever call pld "overpowered".

The state of these abilities are overpowered, PLD itself isn't... the abilities in their current state are.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:13 am 

AraY wrote:
Phyrefly wrote:

The state of these abilities are overpowered, PLD itself isn't... the abilities in their current state are.

To be fair, you could say that about any overpowered job. The jobs are just a sum of their parts. And PLD has some pretty damn overpowered parts. Fealty alone provides PLD with complete magic damage negation for 1/3rd of the time you're in combat, if its used on cooldown, coupled with Rampart which is basically an AoE magical invincible every 5minutes. If you don't understand how this is game breaking, you haven't played enough endgame yet.

I’m going to murder Nas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:54 am 

Baldr wrote:
If you don't understand how this is game breaking, you haven't played enough endgame yet.

Mr. B dropping truth bombs.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:20 am 

Baldr wrote:
Trayeldor wrote:
Lol

If you haven't figured out how to properly tank on PLD without relying on what is objectively broken and overpowered Fealty and Rampart mechanics, maybe you shouldn't be playing PLD, Opia.

Good Thing for me i don't rely on either.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next