Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:48 pm 

WeGe wrote:
I didn't make shit up 75 was cap dick head it couldn't always have been like that. And healer did have stoneskin per cures applied after cures.that stacked for a few secs Affilatus was for holy buffs stop being pretentious unbelievabe..idiot..

Go check the history of changes on Cure and Phalanx. You're arguing things that were out of era for the time this server replicates. If you find evidence that PLD had Phalanx in ToAU I'll give you 5m. I'm done replying to someone who can't at least fact check their points.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:05 pm 

Kazen wrote:

Go check the history of changes on Cure and Phalanx. You're arguing things that were out of era for the time this server replicates. If you find evidence that PLD had Phalanx in ToAU I'll give you 5m. I'm done replying to someone who can't at least fact check their points.

Well there's um...
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Spartan_Hoplon

It's total crap though :lol: I don't know where this WeGe guy is coming from with his Phalanx in era stuff... Afflatus is also out of era... someone mentioned PLD doing amazing damage with 100 MP Holy? :lol: :lol: this thread is a wild ride...

There are certain jobs that are good at optimized exp, there are certain jobs that are good at endgame, there are certain jobs that are good at solo, etc. A lot of solid endgame jobs are not optimal exp jobs, e.g. BLM, SMN, PLD, WHM. As for the people wishing for the era of SC MB vs crabs for 6k~ an hour, nothing is stopping you from making a party and finding people. The only way it will be the best way to exp would be if you gave everyone a lobotomy. People were TP burning weapons in sky, stuff in sea etc before ToAU even came out.

Some stuff might be inaccurate one way or another, but you're not going to "restore" an era of turtle tanking HNMs because even in era players knew the limitations due the way the damage formulas and enmity formulas work (SE did a lot to try and fix this with SoA iirc). PLD/NIN and Aerial Armor rotations (lol) were a thing in era. Also why do I see so few people pining for the days of DRG/THF Full Swing spam at gods, but a bunch wishing to facetank pld/war with E Staff? :lol:

Also Kazen, can I get that 5 mil on a technicality for my knowledge of crappy enchant items? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:12 pm 

Kazen wrote:
WeGe wrote:
I didn't make shit up 75 was cap dick head it couldn't always have been like that. And healer did have stoneskin per cures applied after cures.that stacked for a few secs Affilatus was for holy buffs stop being pretentious unbelievabe..idiot..

yea i remember using phalanx at level 80 i think it was 78 spell during the abyssea era

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:34 pm 

Kazen wrote:
WeGe wrote:

Good didn't feel like arguing with you never said it was Toau era. Just said it worked better and actually did the job properly and how pld was intended to play rather then turning it into a crappy front line support job that can't rip hate off 1 to move.

Honestly don't give a shit what you interpreting this exchange. That was kind of the point of revisiting the whole before sync thing for a better idea of how pld should play vs how it's playing right now. Still think aggro is a problem , I still think it needs correction if pld is to be played properly. do I think we will have classic pld? No think it would be hard to re recreate that 2 expacs in can it be fixed? Sure. Rather the class play as intended then be tossed to the side cause players like you would argue triviality over the core point

Bye Felicia lol next

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 pm 

You literally said you played for a week after abyssea, you've also said you Paladins had Phalanx before 75. You really need to work on this forums thing.

GG GO NEXT.

Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:12 pm 

Kazen wrote:
You literally said you played for a week after abyssea, you've also said you Paladins had Phalanx before 75. You really need to work on this forums thing.

GG GO NEXT.

That has nothing to do with anything I said I quit shortly after abysea go back and reread. Nor did I got pld pass 75 after it dropped. This is a approach to fixing pld now. The nuance of you visiting older patch notes and comparing them now isn't a fix to nasomis pld which is why the argument is dumb. I just said i don't think it could be replicated i thought it could be fixed. You're to busy arguing between xpac changes. didn't you say you were done? Move on

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 pm 

Myupih wrote:
Kazen wrote:

Well there's um...
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Spartan_Hoplon

It's total crap though :lol: I don't know where this WeGe guy is coming from with his Phalanx in era stuff... Afflatus is also out of era... someone mentioned PLD doing amazing damage with 100 MP Holy? :lol: :lol: this thread is a wild ride...

There are certain jobs that are good at optimized exp, there are certain jobs that are good at endgame, there are certain jobs that are good at solo, etc. A lot of solid endgame jobs are not optimal exp jobs, e.g. BLM, SMN, PLD, WHM. As for the people wishing for the era of SC MB vs crabs for 6k~ an hour, nothing is stopping you from making a party and finding people. The only way it will be the best way to exp would be if you gave everyone a lobotomy. People were TP burning weapons in sky, stuff in sea etc before ToAU even came out.

Some stuff might be inaccurate one way or another, but you're not going to "restore" an era of turtle tanking HNMs because even in era players knew the limitations due the way the damage formulas and enmity formulas work (SE did a lot to try and fix this with SoA iirc). PLD/NIN and Aerial Armor rotations (lol) were a thing in era. Also why do I see so few people pining for the days of DRG/THF Full Swing spam at gods, but a bunch wishing to facetank pld/war with E Staff? :lol:

Also Kazen, can I get that 5 mil on a technicality for my knowledge of crappy enchant items? ;)

Holy is nice with mana tanks not something I would use as galka or elvaan unless sac hp. Which I don't particularly like to play against strengths on race for. Rather get a parade gorget or ethereal earing some thing around it. ofc don't have that issue as a taru. Lol more or retention and the opposite really. Not trying to restore era but as it stands there is a issue with aggro. Peopl e like this would rather let a class stay broken then apply solutions to it and honestly even in toau wasn't this bad. Frustrating to see key jobs being tossed due to mules and melee parties. Id like to see proper comps kazen isn't getting that concept.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:30 pm 

WeGe wrote:
Id like to see proper comps kazen isn't getting that concept.

"Proper" is entirely subjective, that's the point you're missing. Keep trying though.

Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:37 pm 

Kazen wrote:
WeGe wrote:
Id like to see proper comps kazen isn't getting that concept.

"Proper" is entirely subjective, that's the point you're missing. Keep trying though.

It not in this case buddy. Welcome back. did you and the cronies visit another forum to start more crap lol saw you guys going back and forth on different pages talking about the aggro thing and cures. Must be a hot topic for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:52 am 

WeGe wrote:
The_Carrot wrote:
I promise it would be more efficient to ask "what can I do better" than to rant about things (some of which are flat out incorrect).

There's a little difference in emnity sure, my observation is that emnity caps at a much lower value here, which allows dps to ride high emnity until they get hit. PLD can cap their emnity much faster sure, but it takes sginificantly less time for melee and blm to catch them due to lower caps. 2 good nukes from a decent blm will flip emnity. PLD has to play against the blm and save a cd or flash to re-flip the #1 spot asap. Other than feeling like emnity has a lower cap and fealty being broken PLD feels ok. I wouldn't mind shield bash being more reliable but it is what it is.

You are out of your Gourd or just at a low level that you haven't seen the issue arise'd in a party yet. one of the two flash and cover does little to remedy the situation. flash isn't going to rip the hate right back onto you for the remainder of the fight. 1 good DMG from a DD and it stays on the rest of the party for the entirety of the fight. No provoke or flash is going to help. Sentinel? Yes but sometimes that fails. and the duration on it make it less then ideal to keep using it per a pull. its best used in between sata's to sustain the mob on you all fight while the THF snaps the mob onto you with a good sata.

Hmmm...?
Oh! you can't figure out exp?.... cute <3

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next