Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:42 pm 

Hello guys!

So I just hit level 60 PLD and have been wearing the hauby since 59 even for tanking in parties. My question to you guys is which is better to tank in now that I can equip my AF body.

Gallant Surcoat is DEF 47: HP +20, VIT +4, DIV +5 SKILL (useless i know), ENMITY +2

Haubergeon is DEF 45: STR +5, DEX +5, AGI -5, ATTK +10, ACC. +10, EVA -20

I can see the attack and acc helping with keeping hate, and more damage is never a bad thing, however, is it actually a better trade off from the VIT +, enmity and hp and +2 more defence?

Keep in mind, im a Taru, so the HP+ is always nice!

Thanks for any advice on this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:11 pm 

The absolute last thing you want to do on this game is to think in absolutes. Every thing is situational. Think about your party setup, the mob you're fighting and/or the goal of what you're doing and choose the item that complements all of the above. There are very few items that are the best for every possible situation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:13 pm 

I personally had thought about PLD 55+. Gear it like WAR using a GS since you will likely be in TP Burn parties. I am not sure if /war would really be a necessity as Flash would suffice in the initial hate gain, you could maybe even /nin and dual wield swords.

Just a thought!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:24 pm 

Macro the af in with your flash macro and then switch back to your dd piece. As gov said, gear is situational. You should have many equipsets and gear swaps. If you don't, you're missing out on a lot of utility.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:37 pm 

Governor wrote:
The absolute last thing you want to do on this game is to think in absolutes. Every thing is situational. Think about your party setup, the mob you're fighting and/or the goal of what you're doing and choose the item that complements all of the above. There are very few items that are the best for every possible situation.

Ok, while i completely agree with you on it all being situational. I'm wondering which body piece is better for maintaining hate. If i'm not hitting a mob, do I want accuracy to hit it more or just don't bother and go for the Enmity +2. I'm using hauby in my weaponskill gearset regardless, because it helps a lot with Vorpal Blade.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:38 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
Macro the af in with your flash macro and then switch back to your dd piece. As gov said, gear is situational. You should have many equipsets and gear swaps. If you don't, you're missing out on a lot of utility.

Right, that's a great idea actually to use the AF for Flash never thought about that! Thanks :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:28 am 

As said it all depends, I'm in the 60-70 range and when you get into killer TP burn parties it's balls to the wall difficult to maintain hate with your cooldowns constantly tested.

Generally I keep a full tank set, a mixed DD/tank set (Hauby/Snipers/tank gear), Weaponskill set. The clincher will be can you actually hit the mob and do fairly decent damage? Those 300-700 vorpal blades can go a long way. I also use defence food and generally take minimal damage, haven't quite experimented with attack food yet with all the Incinerate spam from Erucas.

It would be nice if Cover worked properly, and if we could use an anti-blinking plugin as it drives me insane constantly blinking out changing gear every few seconds.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:00 pm 

I'd idle in the Surcoat for extra defense and macro on the Haubergeon for weaponskills. But, it depends on the setup. If your DDs are ripping hate off of you very fast, it might make more sense to just fulltime the Haubergeon and try to help out with as much damage as possible.

Fairy (ThoseGuys/LostParadise)
Cerberus (Resurgence)
Phoenix (Beyond/DynamisBums)
Shiva (Apathy)
Nasomi (DraconicBallad)