Online: 36
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:41 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
Quote:
Just saying Jumps and job traits are irrelevant in that scenario, only the earring matters.

Not if you have the KC in your main hand.

What the fuck are you on about?

Last edited by Searain on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:48 pm 

Searain wrote:
cthalupa wrote:

Jump can proc a KC round.

Did no one in TS know this?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Jump

Quote:
Jump is affected by Double Attack, Triple Attack, Multi-Hit Weapons, Additional Effects, and En-spells.

Souleater and the KC multiattack work on jump. Blood Weapon does not.

Delay works differently on Nasomi so there are times where Jump will be beneficial to zerg DPS.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:24 pm 

Spellcasting is probably the easiest illustration of this - while you are casting, the delay timer should be paused. On nas, it continues to count down. You can't swing while the cast is going of course, but it will trigger after the cast goes off. Similarly, on Nas, my testing has shown that there's only the 1s forced lockout of all actions after an instance JA, and not the second 1s of locking out autoattacks, and the delay timer continues counting down.

The minimum delay for a kraken club with capped haste is 1.38 seconds between attack rounds, so even on retail jump/high jump when turning around and engaging would almost certainly be a DPS boost, but probably would be a DPS loss once standing in place. On Nas, properly timing the abilities should result in more attack rounds going out.

This is assuming the most recent combat overhauls haven't changed this, I haven't tested since then, and I know other systems got revamped.

Edit: This appears to still be the same, and the actual forced delay may even be less than the 1s I assumed it was. Hard to tell.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am 

We know but
cthalupa wrote:
Blood Weapon does not.

so how is that helping your dps when you lose 200-1600hp from jumping?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:37 am 

cthalupa wrote:
Searain wrote:
cthalupa wrote:

Souleater and the KC multiattack work on jump. Blood Weapon does not.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:15 pm 

Naimah wrote:
We know but
cthalupa wrote:
Blood Weapon does not.

so how is that helping your dps when you lose 200-1600hp from jumping?

If you can't figure out how to get heals timed, I think that's on you.

SE also lasts longer than BW, so if that's too difficult for you you can always wait until after 30 seconds have passed.

We managed to figure it out on retail, so I'm confident with another 14 years of expertise the people on Nas can too ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:16 pm 

Yea you're just full of shit and infatuated with your own reflection, thanks for confirmation!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:30 pm 

Naimah wrote:
Yea you're just full of shit and infatuated with your own reflection, thanks for confirmation!

I'm not entirely sure what provoked the hostility present from the start, but I'll ignore it to illustrate things with a simple set of questions:

1) If you are zerging AV and blood weapon wears off, do you have your DRK turn off soul eater?

If the answer to this is "yes", well, I don't understand why that is, but I do understand why you've reached the conclusion that jump and high jump are not of any use in a zerg.

2) If they keep soul eater on, do you have people assigned to heal them?

If the answer here is yes, there's really no reason why they couldn't do this at any point in the fight, but yes, it would require some coordination.

3) Even if the answer to the above is "no", why do you think that getting in whatever damage you can while BW has worn off and SE is still active is lower if you use jump and high jump to trigger more attack rounds?

Quite simply, you have external factors that can kill you besides Soul Eater - AV TP moves are quite deadly, chainspell runs out on Dynamis Lord, etc. You can do more damage in the post BW phase if you use jump and high jump on average because you will hit it more before dying to an AoE TP move than you would otherwise.

If you've got enough kraken clubs and enough zerg gear that you always kill whatever you're zerging before BW runs out, then cool, it might not matter. But just because it doesn't matter for you, doesn't mean that everyone zerging things is at that level of gear, or that people aren't willing to frontload more coordination with healers to get more DPS in to get to that point.

Edit: Or, if you're wiping, and near an HP breakpoint, jumps can help provide additional burst. Also probably other situations that it could be useful that I'm not thinking of - but I don't see how you can understand the mechanics in play here and argue in good faith that jumps are not situationally useful when zerging.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:59 am 

cthalupa wrote:
Quite simply

You're all retarded as this post was answered then someone decided to necrobump it and now you're rehashing old arguments about why people do things a certain way.

Note: The question was asked in general terms and not specific to zergs. So why are we still stuck on what zerg strategy is the best?

Second Note: Not every group has enough people to have dedicated healers on every single DRK. If you're relying on post BW Jumps/Souleater damage to kill whatever you're zerging. You need to refine your zerg strategies or get better equipment for your zergers.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:58 am 

Kazen wrote:
cthalupa wrote:
Quite simply

You're all retarded as this post was answered then someone decided to necrobump it and now you're rehashing old arguments about why people do things a certain way.

Note: The question was asked in general terms and not specific to zergs. So why are we still stuck on what zerg strategy is the best?

Second Note: Not every group has enough people to have dedicated healers on every single DRK. If you're relying on post BW Jumps/Souleater damage to kill whatever you're zerging. You need to refine your zerg strategies or get better equipment for your zergers.

Because internet forums are made for arguing :D

I've been arguing about theorycraft for nearly 20 years now, doubt it's a habit I'll ever break. I'll admit this does in fact likely make me an idiot.