Online: 36
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DRK soloing options
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:57 pm 

Hello!

I have been playing DRK at low level, and i was VERY excited to get drain, as having a heal would help a lot(from what I can see). It only heals for 5-10. Does this get better? Does it heal enough to make DRK a decent soloing class(nothing fancy, just easy preys). How do DRKs heal themselves?

Side question- I see /THF, /NIN, and /WAR for DPS. Can I go /RDM to get some heals and not immediately regret it?

Post subject: Re: DRK soloing options
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:53 pm 

MundoBot wrote:
Hello!

I have been playing DRK at low level, and i was VERY excited to get drain, as having a heal would help a lot(from what I can see). It only heals for 5-10. Does this get better? Does it heal enough to make DRK a decent soloing class(nothing fancy, just easy preys). How do DRKs heal themselves?

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Drain

Drain damage is tied to Dark Magic skill. It generally won't be enough to "heal yourself" because of the recast. DRKs get healed or rests like every other DD job.

Quote:
Side question- I see /THF, /NIN, and /WAR for DPS. Can I go /RDM to get some heals and not immediately regret it?

No.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:30 pm 

No, don't do it, or no, I won't regret it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:09 pm 

MundoBot wrote:
No, don't do it, or no, I won't regret it?

It's not a good look but play your game.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:14 pm 

Dang, I was hoping Cure would make DRK a better soloer. Sneak and invis would have been nice too. Bummer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:45 pm 

You can do whatever you want if you're solo'ing. Deft was referring to you rolling up as /RDM when someone else's time is in question.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:03 am 

Starbright wrote:
You can do whatever you want if you're solo'ing. Deft was referring to you rolling up as /RDM when someone else's time is in question.

While I think Deft could have said it with a bit less grump, the point stands. The question was specifically what's a good sub for soloing. /rdm wouldn't help your drain enough to matter, and the minor cures you'd be capable of wouldn't be great at that point. Pre level 24, much better to sub something that helps your offense and/or defense, such as /war, /mnk, or /drg (post level 20). This will speed up kills, then you can rest up your hp as needed (gelong staff and regen drinks will help). Then at 24 you can /nin and throw shihei at the problem. Don't need cures if you don't get hit.
By all means though, you wanna do a mage sub, do it up, have fun with it. But I've always preferred /whm or /blu for that purpose. /whm gives you more mp and slightly stronger cures and sneak/invis, /blu has some fun spells and decent enough cures.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:43 pm 

Personally id build your drk to output the most damage possible in the shortest amount of time. Kill it before it kills you.
Chaining EP and getting 2-3 kills in 5 min can yield more exp per hour over over DC or T that takes 5+ min to kill because your curing and stuff.

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:07 pm 

Skitles wrote:
Personally id build your drk to output the most damage possible in the shortest amount of time. Kill it before it kills you.
Chaining EP and getting 2-3 kills in 5 min can yield more exp per hour over over DC or T that takes 5+ min to kill because your curing and stuff.

Well yeah, that's the cold and efficient answer. All I'm saying is while it's beneficial to max out your damage, it's also fun to experiment. Go /brd for all I care. It's a game. Do the fun things.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:39 pm 

I haven't unlocked it, but isn't /BST on any job an instant solo ride? Not sure the mechanics on nasomi.