Lobby: Up
Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DRK 'Rotation' ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:50 pm 

Hello! I have been looking online for guides, and all I seem to be able to find is a picture/description of my abilities and gear sets, with no references to what I should be doing.

At level 25:
1. In party, I autoattack and Bio the target(for Dark Magic Skill Ups).
2. When I have TP, I'll cast last resort, and my Slice or Sturmwind or Shield break, depending on weapon.
3. Weapon Bash when mob starts casting ability.

Should I be aiming to make a skillchain or something?
That's pretty much it. Am I missing something? I want to make sure to do a good job as a DPS.

Post subject: Re: DRK 'Rotation' ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:44 pm 

MundoBot wrote:
Hello! I have been looking online for guides, and all I seem to be able to find is a picture/description of my abilities and gear sets, with no references to what I should be doing.

At level 25:
1. In party, I autoattack and Bio the target(for Dark Magic Skill Ups).
2. When I have TP, I'll cast last resort, and my Slice or Sturmwind or Shield break, depending on weapon.
3. Weapon Bash when mob starts casting ability.

Should I be aiming to make a skillchain or something?
That's pretty much it. Am I missing something? I want to make sure to do a good job as a DPS.

1. Autoattack and Drain/Aspir. Bio lowers the mobs attack but it also overwrites Dia so I'd suggest staying away from that in party situations.
2. This is generally the way you'll play.
3. Weapon Bash can be used any time a stun is needed, mob TP moves, double attacks, Utsusemi recasts, etc.

SC is based on your PT composition.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ffx ... 1130080552

Bookmark/study that for different SCs you and your PT can put together.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:08 pm 

Gonna toss some tricks in here for ya, from a long line of drk info.

1. Absorb Agi + Absorb Dex will buff the shit out of your crit rate for a minute.

2. Last resort is great, and weapon bash is 100% stun proc, after weapon bash the stun will last long enough to recast utsusemi ichi, save it for oh shit moments.

3. Bio sucks in exp.

4. Nearer 75 you can combine Drain II + max hp gear + dread spikes to gain a massive shield effect, allowing you to /sam with hasso and take 0 dmg from melee hits while returning the dmg to your attacker (75 galka with semi decent max hp and I hit 2400-2800 which gives 1200-1400 spikes, more than most 75s base hp worth of absorption/reflection).

5. Absorb VIT before a ws helps more than Absorb STR, but be frugal in casting absorbs, they're long casts and will interrupt ur dps during attacks, you'll want to choose opportunities for casts rather than just spamming.

6. Opportunities to maximize you absorbs would be starting a fight when most of the pt has TP a good Absorb VIT before those ws's go off will increase everyones dmg. Try to only use Absorb AGI + Absorb DEX at the beginning of a fight when nobody has tp, the extra crits during that time will help speed up the kills.

7. All your dark magic is solely based on dark magic skill, enhancing magey stats like INT or MATK doesn't help, only dark skill.

8. Drain is per mp the most potent nuke in the game, using a mixture of haste gear + dark skill will maximize the effectiveness by virtue of recast.

9. Know what and when to aspir, if you follow the haste setup for aspir as well, and are fighting mobs with mp, you shouldn't need any refresh to do what you do.

10. Don't souleater like a chump, it's big dmg, it's flashy, it has uses, but in an exp pt, unless you're making a final blow to save the pt from a wipe or something drastic, you're just wasting the partys mp pool trying to keep you alive. Some parties don't mind cause of PL or w/e but you shouldn't ever assume you're contributing by killing yourself. MP is precious at lower levels, do your part to make sure you're not forcing it to be used inefficiently.

Hope you find some value in these tips, drk is a great job once you learn what it's capable of. Good luck ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:56 pm 

Wow, that's exactly what I'm looking for!Thank you so much!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:46 am 

Not that it matters much at lower lvl's but, Great Axe would be my third(Maybe fourth) choice for a weapon.

Lower lvl's when you can Sub THF I would go Great Sword because it charges TP about as fast as Sneak Attack does.

Keep your Scythe skill up though!!!

For me Scythe is barely worth it before Vorpal Scythe or Guillotine.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 am 

Great Axe is by far the superior weapon, Shield break is the only S tier WS in the dunes, and sturmwind will out DPS any other WS at it’s level. After 40 it’s probably scythe time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:57 pm 

I would go with Great Axe all the way until Guillotine. At 30 you can use axe belt if /WAR and get the same skill as main DRK weapons.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:53 am 

Naimah wrote:
I would go with Great Axe all the way until Guillotine. At 30 you can use axe belt if /WAR and get the same skill as main DRK weapons.

100% this. Shield Break and Armor Break are stupidly good. Shield Break prevents enemies from using their EVA up skills, most notably Lizard with Secretion and Pugils with Water Shield. At lower levels, the overwhelming majority of parties will not be at the ACC cap, so not only are you making a tremendous difference in your entire party's ability to actually hit the damn mobs, you're downright negating a TP move from working. Armor Break is almost as good once you get in the upper 30s, where melee starts getting some ACC gear. Parties with two GA users combining the two Break WS just melt mobs. Just make sure to use those WS on the pull to maximize your use of TP. Sturmwind is only really worth using once the mobs are T or VT and die too quickly for the -EVA debuff to matter.

If your party uses Dark chains, make sure to burst them with your Drain/Aspir/Absorbs. Elemental nukes are pretty much never worth it unless you have a good INT swap set, are bursting, and are hitting the mob's elemental weakness.

And the number one, most important tip for DRK players: make a damn /p macro to announce when you use Souleater. And make sure to either use it before you get in combat with the mob when you have every cooldown available, OR use it when the mob getting kinda low on health.