Lobby: Up
Online: 65
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Drk Highly Underwhelming
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:36 pm 

Dark knight got adjusted quite a bit several updates ago. The adjustments were intended to balance which is understandable as Drks before with access to a 3 minute last resort were very over powered. I believe the scale has tipped too far in the other direction. In an exp party on birds, Guillotine puts out great numbers, still some +2ks sometimes. But on higher leveled mobs, the numbers are pretty pitiful. Seeing from the TP having landed all 4 hits, hit seiryu and suzaku for numbers in the 600s consistently over several pops of each. That is painfully weak for having gear that pretty much cannot be topped excluding an Apoc. Would be nice to see a little re-balancing here. I don't expect my drk to be able to compete with my sam in overall dps but the numbers from Drk are supposed to be more impressive. An apoc just doesn't feel like a great option right now and it used to be considered amongst the best relics both on retail and here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:40 pm 

Someone was talking to me yesterday about physical damage not being calculated properly (can easily be tested vs low level mobs with negligible stats). It seems like it doesn't follow either of the 2 potential formulas (new, or old on retail).

The high base damage of the DRK weapons may be experiencing a relative weakness because of it.

I believe he was going to try to do more testing to see what's up, to come up with what's likely the formula being used now, and from there we can say why things feel the way they do, and how they should feel if the formula was correct.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:24 pm 

So has this been fixed or changed at all? If I Level DRK is it going to be underwhelming?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:42 pm 

DRK is great and always has been, I didn't hear back from that guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:47 pm 

Sounds like base damage isn't as important to damage calculations as it was on retail. I get higher numbers than I expect on one-handed weapons and lower numbers than I'd expect on 2-handed weapons. This is all speculation and I have no science to back it up.

I do know that Guillotine has always been underwhelming on HNMs. There's very little reason to use it -- in era or out of era, DRKs used Great Sword for HNM unless they had an Apoc, which could do much better numbers than Guillotine when stacking shitloads of Attack. On retail, using Apoc, on the same mobs (for example Kirin) you'd be lucky to crack 800 with a Guillotine but could easily hit 1,200 with Catastrophe with the same songs and food (double Minuet and Red Curry Buns).

Fairy (ThoseGuys/LostParadise)
Cerberus (Resurgence)
Phoenix (Beyond/DynamisBums)
Shiva (Apathy)
Nasomi (DraconicBallad)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:27 pm 

Moved response to a new thread.

https://www.topshelf.team/
2017 TS Fantasy Football Champion

Last edited by Fid on Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.