Online: 39
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beastmasters gear help
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:34 pm 

Hey everyone,

This might be a long shot but I am a level 19 BST and am currently working on affording my
Monster Signa weapon. Is there a way someone could help me out and we could do a payment plan of sorts? It sounds silly but I can swing 50K chunks but haven’t ever saved up 200000 Gil yet.

Not looking for insults or handouts, and not worried if this doesn’t go anywhere. Just thought I’d ask. Thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:09 pm 

Malicfeyt wrote:
Hey everyone,

This might be a long shot but I am a level 19 BST and am currently working on affording my
Monster Signa weapon. Is there a way someone could help me out and we could do a payment plan of sorts? It sounds silly but I can swing 50K chunks but haven’t ever saved up 200000 Gil yet.

Not looking for insults or handouts, and not worried if this doesn’t go anywhere. Just thought I’d ask. Thanks everyone.

Bro I would suggest going to farm it, it isn't that bad to get it to drop, especially if you have /THF at 15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 pm 

Malicfeyt wrote:
Hey everyone,

This isn't really BST specific so should probably be in the marketplace forums, but seems unlikely someone would take you up on this unless they knew you in game. Never hurts to ask though, I guess.

50k chunks how often? Those are big chunks compared to the cost so it really shouldn't take too long to just save up. You can XP fine without it for a while still too--it's really more of a luxury item I think. I always preferred to keep my TP so only ever swapped the Monster Signa in after a mischarm to help make sure I didn't mischarm twice. So it rarely got used. If you haven't already bought your other CHR pieces, you should put your money there first (Noble's Ribbon, rings, etc) since you can macro them in for every single charm and not lose TP for it.

GL on your BST!

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:33 pm 

0/4 on Signa. It is usually farmed, too. I should try to compete, but I think I could probably have farmed the gil in the time it took me for those 4.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:14 pm 

Two Pence wrote:
0/4 on Signa. It is usually farmed, too. I should try to compete, but I think I could probably have farmed the gil in the time it took me for those 4.

The best method is to farm the Yag Necks you need too while waiting for NMs so that way you can get the rep needed for Shadows from Norg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm 

Benzula wrote:
Two Pence wrote:

The best method is to farm the Yag Necks you need too while waiting for NMs so that way you can get the rep needed for Shadows from Norg

While that may be true, I'm way past the need for fame.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:11 pm 

Two Pence wrote:
Benzula wrote:
Two Pence wrote:

While that may be true, I'm way past the need for fame.

You may be, but others are not. And selling them is a great way to make money while waiting for the staff to drop, well at least an okay way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:21 pm 

I was helping some people get keys in Giddeus the other day and noticed no one campign Hoo Mjuu afterward. So I killed all the yags for a half hour, killed the NM (no drop, ofc), got stacks of necklaces and beastcoins. Just stay there, keep camping (use Treasure Hunter), make money, and eventually it'll drop. The neck piece, though...that NM sucks. Takes forever to spawn sometimes, so might be more effective just buying it.