* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC

EXP From Charmed Mob's Death
Exploit 60%  60%  [ 12 ]
Just Nas things 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
Total votes: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:47 pm 

Hey guys, I wanted to bring up a topic for discussion. When I first started leveling BST I was told to "tag" my mob before charming it, that way when it dies I get exp from it's death. And it works, it works great. However, for the first time today I talked to a fellow BST and they pointed out that they believed this to be an exploit and clearly not how the class was designed to be. He has a good point. It's hard to tell if something on this server is an exploit, or "just Nas things." So I wanted to bring the topic up here and see if anyone has an official answer for it. Is this an exploit or not?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:32 am 

It's not retail accurate, but plenty of things here aren't. I don't believe I've seen anything from Nas saying this is a no-no, but I'd wager it's unintended and therefore likely an exploit. So I kinda consider it to be an exploit that's a Nasomi thing - little of column A, little of column B.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:11 am 

whatttt i got to 75 without knowing this i want a refund

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:30 am 

If ya listen carefully you can almost hear the collective BST outcry that someone posted about this publicly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 am 

Surely this is an exploit:

https://streamable.com/0hwyf

Just tested it myself after running into a couple of BSTs soloing, they handle a train of mobs without issue.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:27 pm 

Zamphire wrote:
Hey guys, I wanted to bring up a topic for discussion. When I first started leveling BST I was told to "tag" my mob before charming it, that way when it dies I get exp from it's death. And it works, it works great. However, for the first time today I talked to a fellow BST and they pointed out that they believed this to be an exploit and clearly not how the class was designed to be. He has a good point. It's hard to tell if something on this server is an exploit, or "just Nas things." So I wanted to bring the topic up here and see if anyone has an official answer for it. Is this an exploit or not?

Not an exploit. But also not retail accurate... Which the list related to beast grows quickly once you take a step back... These related items are much larger issues / exploits that should be addressed as well:

1. When subbing /bst, SMN, PUP, (maybe DRG) can use their job specific release commands to release a charmed mob *from level 1*. BST main doesn't get this until much later. Game-breaking if you ask me, Nasomi should disable use of non-bst release commands on /BST charmed mobs.

2. PUP/BST, as of a few weeks ago, was able to use both automation oil and reward biscuits on separate job specific timers. That's two cures and two potential regen affects. Unsure if this was possible in retail or not.

3. I remember when pets would uncharm early in retail, they would turn against their master and attack. May as well look into this too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:36 pm 

cyclebiff wrote:
Not an exploit. But also not retail accurate...

ex·ploit
verb
/ikˈsploit/
make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).

^^^ from what I observed BST are getting easy EXP because they're able to have 2-3 mobs gang up on the pet and it dies quickly. This isn't how BST was intended to play.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:08 pm 

In Nas's most recent Live stream on 2019-60-09 the question was asked

Quote:
Minny Maus:
​Nasomi, can you clarify if BST letting their pets die for EXP is an exploit or not? Been seeing a lot of BST doing this to a mass of mobs

Nas responded in is usual sly way by saying "What beast exploit?" with a slight smile on his face. Can be see here.

To me, this is Nas's way of saying he doesn't consider it an exploit. The question was phrased very well and I don't see any way he could have not understood it. There were several attempts through out the rest of the video to clarify the exploit, which were all ignored by Nas. In my opinion, that was because as far as he was concerned he had answered the question. He has a history of giving off the hook answers like this. Like when people originally asked what happened to Monomi his answer was "Maybe he put it in a BCNM."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:35 pm 

Zamphire wrote:

Quote:
Minny Maus:
​Nasomi, can you clarify if BST letting their pets die for EXP is an exploit or not? Been seeing a lot of BST doing this to a mass of mobs

Nas responded in is usual sly way by saying "What beast exploit?" with a slight smile on his face. Can be see here.

To me, this is Nas's way of saying he doesn't consider it an exploit. The question was phrased very well and I don't see any way he could have not understood it. There were several attempts through out the rest of the video to clarify the exploit, which were all ignored by Nas. In my opinion, that was because as far as he was concerned he had answered the question. He has a history of giving off the hook answers like this. Like when people originally asked what happened to Monomi his answer was "Maybe he put it in a BCNM."

I refuse to accept assumption as an answer. I will wait for Nasomi to give a response, I've already sent him the video in NasChat. I'd also like to point out that others have stated that he's answered this question before, he said it's an exploit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:25 pm 

shinbi wrote:
Zamphire wrote:

Quote:
Minny Maus:

I refuse to accept assumption as an answer. I will wait for Nasomi to give a response, I've already sent him the video in NasChat. I'd also like to point out that others have stated that he's answered this question before, he said it's an exploit.

yikes. this might take a while.

by "a while" i mean, possibly forever.