Lobby: Up
Online: 42
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:17 am 

Hi, have you noticed the difference in the hate you build if you rest while your pet fights? I've noticed a big difference in this after the last update (2019-06-08). It builds more hate than a normal Cure/Buffs.

As BST, before the update, you could throw a pet to the prey and start to rest without problems, now the prey will chase you after a few seconds (20-30), even if you have not cast anything only resting, it feels like hate reset. This is a big difference for BST solo in a bad way :cry:

Put two mobs of the same level to fight then rest...

Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by colemak on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:55 pm 

More info on this after a few tests and speaking with other BSTs in the game...

- Pet hold the hate normally fighting along with them
- The first and every tick when resting (even when you have not cast/hit the prey) will trigger a lot of hate then the prey will come after you.

It makes obvious this was not the behaviour before the last update. This make harder and so slow soloing BST.

--
Vitek.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:06 pm 

After using Carrie to tank some NMs in SSG last night, I was feeling like something weird was happening. Carrie was doing over 2x my dps I would hit for 40ish on the WHM nms and carrie was hitting for 90-ish. This went on for a while since 2 of the NMs had benediction, when I would finally widdle them down to 50% after bene, I ended up tanking the entire time because carrie could never get hate back.

I use some ACC gear, but it is by no means great attack gear. I think something in the patch messed with the rate/values of emnity.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:52 pm 

I've noticed this bug ever since the updates rolled in over the weekend. I wasn't really sure if it was just me until Vitek messaged me in game to see if I was having the same issue, I was.

I captured three different videos of this happening. It happens almost every mob, sometimes worse than others. I noticed it seems to be more prevalent if the mob you're fighting is stronger than your charmed mob, since the charmed mob can't create as much hate. When the charmed mob is stronger, the damage output is enough to hold threat on the pet. Sadly I didn't get any /really/ good captures, but this should be enough to get the point across. In each video you can see the mob clearly turn toward me when the

https://youtu.be/KiPwSBDSFRQ
https://youtu.be/p4epWQxPj2s
https://youtu.be/Sc7ztd2v_T8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:04 am 

Can confirm this. Im struggling to solo because everytime i put my pet to attack a mob and rest my MP the mob comes to push my poop in.

Please help ❤️

In game name:
Hanky
Taru BLM & COR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:14 am 

On the flip side, I'm seeing I'm out-dpsing my puppet, but he'll still take hate? Anyone else experience that?