Lobby: Up
Online: 45
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Best solo exp strategy?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:49 pm 

I just hit lvl 64 BST and want to hit 75 asap. What is the best exp/hour strategy? Is it suicide mobs like bombs? Or just smashing through easy prey mobs super quickly? or?

When I first got my AF gear I started charming Tough mobs, sending them after other Tough/Very Tough, waiting for the enemy mob to be low hp, activate Leave, then Weaponskill for the last hit which would leave me with a nice 240-300+ exp kill. I thought wow. I finally made it. But then I compared the exp/hour to just destroying easy prey with Slippery Silas in CN and it seemed pretty even at around 8k/hour with exp band turned on? This has left me feeling like why am I risking my life on Tough mobs when I can safely blow through easy prey and collect more loot/seals for similar rates of exp.

In your experience what has been your best strategy?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:42 pm 

To me, the best strategy is to kill stuff that's reliable, not overly camped, might have decent drops, and, importantly, enjoyable. It's never what I'd call 'fast' when soloing because if you get cocky you're gonna lose thousands of xp with a mistake.

You are getting close to the level range of bombs in the cauldron, so that'll go relatively quick. At your level I think I spent most of my time in the tree, and then you can do a bit of Uleguerand Range around 67 I believe. Find other BST or /BST and team up with them to murder Ts and VTs. If you can get a full BST party go nuts and take on IT++.

But if you're soloing, go nice and steady and enjoy what you're doing. If it's tedious, try something else for a bit. It sucks really hard to push it and then die and lose the results from a big chunk of time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:48 am 

Charming anything above even match will nerf your exp, and your charm won't last as long, best I could reliably do solo is charm d/c and find a spot to mow down even match for chains, only gets like 8k / hr without ring but it's relaxing and doesn't have any real threat of death unless you link or charm wears at a bad time. Don't forget the beast affinity cycle, it'll help alot when scoping a new camp.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 am 

Duo or more with other BSTs sounds nice I need to get into that

If you use Leave job ability before killing the enemy mob, then you won't nerf your exp with your Tough pet. Tough pet reliably lasts 1:30 usually, but with full AF it doubles charm duration to solid 3 minutes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:39 am 

EmeraldxWeapon wrote:
In your experience what has been your best strategy?

For the most part you're just limited to what's available at your level, but in order of preference;

#1 Partner up with another BST, literally anything you do is more fun and easier with two people
#2 Fighting suicide mobs (mostly bombs) as you'll get mega XP and money, but it's very much high risk high reward and you really need to learn the camp/area to make the most of it, and don't get complacent!
#3 Charm DC/EM vs. EM/T/VT and fight alongside the pet to kill it in one go (I hate pet swapping it's soooo slowwww)
#4 BST Pso'Xia parties, an oldie but goldie

If you're 64 you could try blowing up Snolls in Uleguerand Range