Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:07 pm 

lolBST wrote:
Tiktaks wrote:
swk wrote:
I would start by removing the level requirement on pet food as it was pre 9/9/10 so its era accurate or would that be too op therefore we don't get that era accurate change?

Snarl possibly would be nice prolly a nightmare for nasomi to try and code along with Ventriloquy for pup

Regen from stay would be nice and double check regen potency of each pet food is accurate?

aside from that maybe give bsts proper reward value and put there timers to 1:30 instead of the 3min timer and nasomi special reward value

From all you states you make it sound like all BST needs is more options. Enmity transfer, regen, reward/food fixes etc

Do you think BST damage is currently acceptable? Curious.

No, BST definitely has no good damage boost and would need something like that to be viable in an endgame scenario.

It's unlikely that Nasomi will whip up a homebrew solution to that, and goes against SE's original vision for BST, so I wouldn't expect anything to develop there. And if you gave BST a passive damage buff, it'd make soloing trickier unless Snarl was implemented. If it's an active thing like Berserk, that'd help but still wouldn't ultimately do much to make BST competitive with heavy DDs.

You could always just give the damage buffs to the jugs themselves. You don't have to give BST a new damage passive or something.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:19 pm 

Tiktaks wrote:
lolBST wrote:
Tiktaks wrote:

From all you states you make it sound like all BST needs is more options. Enmity transfer, regen, reward/food fixes etc

Do you think BST damage is currently acceptable? Curious.

No, BST definitely has no good damage boost and would need something like that to be viable in an endgame scenario.

It's unlikely that Nasomi will whip up a homebrew solution to that, and goes against SE's original vision for BST, so I wouldn't expect anything to develop there. And if you gave BST a passive damage buff, it'd make soloing trickier unless Snarl was implemented. If it's an active thing like Berserk, that'd help but still wouldn't ultimately do much to make BST competitive with heavy DDs.

You could always just give the damage buffs to the jugs themselves. You don't have to give BST a new damage passive or something.

For sure, that would help a fair bit. It wouldn't benefit natural pets, but you only use jugs if you're doing events or HNMs anyway.

I think that would be a good solution, but balance would be an issue because Nas nerfed the job due to jugs being too OP already. Think of the amount of havoc you could cause with 6 BST if each of their jugs had decent ACC and damage output. I'd love for him to do something nuanced like this, or to come up with new abilities/traits for jugs altogether, but I can't imagine that ever being a priority before like 2030.

My thinking with buffing the BST themselves was just that if you give the player a big dmg boost and allow us to snarl the hate away, it avoids a lot of game-breaking potential that messing with jugs entails. But, again, much like I grew used to in retail in the 2000s, I think BST is just going to be left alone on the backburner until most other things have been attended to.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:51 pm 

I mean if you gave BST enough power to pull hate in a more traditional setup with other DDs and a decent tank that would be a problem too, and if it couldn't pull hate snarl wouldn't be that useful either.

I guess the question is are people talking about making BST work in standard BST situations, or make it work in standard pt situations? You can snarl all you want in a merit pt but if your other DD is something like a heavy DD you're not going to be doing much besides maybe saving some shihei/pittance of mp if you ws first.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:15 am 

Anecdotal, but time ago I remember my jugs always pulling hate against mediocre tanks.

As for a little wish list;
- Jugs returned to their previous state, their performance is pretty meh and they have the defence of a wet paper bag. Considering the higher level Jugs are reliant on crafted HQ items most probably don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that dies in three/four hits.
- Snarl
- Ready, there's lots of XP camps where it's just too dangerous to risk your pet doing an AoE TP move (Plaguebreath ultra long range hitting Hornflies on Crawler's, aww yeah). Sic is also pretty lame when your pet is pretty much always at 300% TP and you're waiting around for the recharge timer.
- Stay needs to regenerate HP

Thing is Beastmaster on it's own can only do auto attacks and weaponskills compared to the other Jobs, at least before the unpredictable pet had some oomph behind it.

Now this extends to all pet jobs, but all pets should be target-able by Healing spells... I never understood why this was never a thing. I mean an Automaton can cast Cure on party members and itself, but nobody can cast it back? wut?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:30 pm 

My BST is close to 60 and I've been in many parties. My damage has always been good and I consider the job a steady DoT job with no real spike damage. It would be nice of pet "sic" dmg would increase for spike damage.

I have good gear: Peacock, Rajas, Hauby+1, always used +1 axes, 8/8 axe merits, etc.

Again, I still consider BST go be a steady DoT job with /nin and jug pets. Adding a BST to an xp party won't make or break xp per hour and I encourage more people to do it.

I still love BST and focusing on taking it to 75 to test the limits on Nas. I'm also hoping that Nas will change BST soon. I want to see more solo, duo and trio BST having more options at 75 for either gil or adventure.

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:20 pm 

Chameleon wrote:
Anecdotal, but time ago I remember my jugs always pulling hate against mediocre tanks.

As for a little wish list;
- Jugs returned to their previous state, their performance is pretty meh and they have the defence of a wet paper bag. Considering the higher level Jugs are reliant on crafted HQ items most probably don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that dies in three/four hits.
- Snarl
- Ready, there's lots of XP camps where it's just too dangerous to risk your pet doing an AoE TP move (Plaguebreath ultra long range hitting Hornflies on Crawler's, aww yeah). Sic is also pretty lame when your pet is pretty much always at 300% TP and you're waiting around for the recharge timer.
- Stay needs to regenerate HP

Thing is Beastmaster on it's own can only do auto attacks and weaponskills compared to the other Jobs, at least before the unpredictable pet had some oomph behind it.

Now this extends to all pet jobs, but all pets should be target-able by Healing spells... I never understood why this was never a thing. I mean an Automaton can cast Cure on party members and itself, but nobody can cast it back? wut?

That sounds like a great way to break Beastmaster :lol:

Level 85 pets with a 4:10 recast and you can now heal them too? Carrie is dirt cheap to make, most other jugs aren't insanely expensive either. Healing spells on pets would completely break the game, you could cheese so much with that.