Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:17 pm 

Hi,

It sucks that Beast Affinity does not work on Nasomi. So here it is:

G1 - Sic Timer 2/5 - I assume 2 because timer has to match with rate of pet TP gain?
G1 - Call Beast 5/5 (Decreases recast time of ability by 10 seconds per upgrade.)
G1 - Killer Effects 3/5 (Increases chance of intimidation effects of all killer effects by 1% per upgrade)

G2 - Beast Affinity 0/5 *disabled*
G2 - Beast Healer (Regen) 5/5
G2 - Feral Howl 5/5

- How does this look and does everything work?
- How's sky farming and other farming with multiple BST endgame?
- Has anyone tried BST burn merit parties yet?

I know that dboxing rdm + thf is ideal but I am not looking for that.

If Nas made changes to Ranger recently to somewhat "revive" it, I am hoping that one day Nas makes changes to BST. We all live busy lives, careers, kids, continued education, etc. and BST is a great alternative for limited play time or people who just want to play alone and work at their own pace sometimes.

PS: I think I trashed my FunWithJugs pearl before or after my break from FFXI last year. I'll ask for a new one, thanks!

Have fun everyone.

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:29 pm 

Has anyone actually tested Beast Affinity? Should be easy to test with something like Funguar Familiar if it's working correctly. I never bothered to merit it when it wasn't working correctly, but if someone has 5/5 just have them summon a funguar and have another player who is 0/5 summon and see if the 5/5 looks stronger vs lesser lolibri or something. Beast Affinity should increase the max level cap of jugs if it's working correctly. It *shouldn't* let a pet be summoned at a higher level than the master.

It's for things like Funguar and Como who cap at 65. With affinity they would cap at 75.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:09 pm 

Myupih wrote:
Has anyone actually tested Beast Affinity? Should be easy to test with something like Funguar Familiar if it's working correctly. I never bothered to merit it when it wasn't working correctly, but if someone has 5/5 just have them summon a funguar and have another player who is 0/5 summon and see if the 5/5 looks stronger vs lesser lolibri or something. Beast Affinity should increase the max level cap of jugs if it's working correctly. It *shouldn't* let a pet be summoned at a higher level than the master.

It's for things like Funguar and Como who cap at 65. With affinity they would cap at 75.

A lot of people told me that Nasomi nerfed/disabled it because it was OP and people took advantage of it a long time ago.

I am also curious if anyone tested it and if it's slightly nerfed or completely disabled.

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:53 am 

I mean I would guess that it's probably working correctly now considering what it was doing when it wasn't working correctly. It was still increasing the max level of jug pets back then, it was just letting BSTs summon pets at a higher level than they were which is 100% wrong...

Making Beast Affinity not let BST summon level 85 crabs is not some weird nas specific mechanic :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:59 pm 

Rubicund wrote:
- Has anyone tried BST burn merit parties yet?

Incredibly dated info here as I stopped playing shortly after TOAU stuff came out pretty much, but I know back then I used to do some BST merit stuff with some of the FunWithJugs crew doing the typical birds that people used to merit on in the CoP area when we could find a group and also doing dhamels and goblins out in the backside of Bibiki. Bibiki was particularly fun, but I feel like both camps were really looking for the majority of the BSTs to have at least 2/5 BA merits already. Not sure how they've held up post-nerf as I pretty much stopped playing BST after the nerf as my invites to non-BST specific things sharply tanked at that point. There was also always people abusing the level cap areas for xp/merits since it was some of the best xp/hr a BST could get at the time. Not sure how well those places have aged--I assume nas has nerfed them by now, but even if not, it was incredibly boring so maybe people have finally stopped, lol.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0