Lobby: Up
Online: 56
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Duo
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:49 pm 

I just started my alt after finally figuring out what was causing the game to freeze in the character creation screen (2 years later lol). Anyway I have a 70 bst on my main. I am taking Bst up on my alt as well so I can have 2 bsts to tear stuff up on. Now here comes the question of the post. I am going to level another job on my main to level up with my alt until I get to 70. What would be the best job to level with my bst to give a great xp ride? I was thinking Rdm. However, maybe a drg/whm?

Post subject: Re: Duo
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:22 pm 

Cherripepsi wrote:
I just started my alt after finally figuring out what was causing the game to freeze in the character creation screen (2 years later lol). Anyway I have a 70 bst on my main. I am taking Bst up on my alt as well so I can have 2 bsts to tear stuff up on. Now here comes the question of the post. I am going to level another job on my main to level up with my alt until I get to 70. What would be the best job to level with my bst to give a great xp ride? I was thinking Rdm. However, maybe a drg/whm?

I may not be exactly understanding your desire here (great xp ride), but I will give you my pov anyways: Looking back as I took BST to 75 on my main as first job, I really regret not simply auto-following on my alt with a job that is insanely useful at endgame but struggles to get xp pt's. Namely, BLM THF and to a lesser extent SMN (just from anecdotal experience, SMN definitely seems to score invites easier than the other 2 jobs).

DRG and RDM both don't have issues getting invites... but if your sole intent is something that you will actively dual-box and want faster leveling performance out of, then just ignore this reply altogether ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:23 pm 

Knarlfist wrote:
Cherripepsi wrote:

I may not be exactly understanding your desire here (great xp ride), but I will give you my pov anyways: Looking back as I took BST to 75 on my main as first job, I really regret not simply auto-following on my alt with a job that is insanely useful at endgame but struggles to get xp pt's. Namely, BLM THF and to a lesser extent SMN (just from anecdotal experience, SMN definitely seems to score invites easier than the other 2 jobs).

DRG and RDM both don't have issues getting invites... but if your sole intent is something that you will actively dual-box and want faster leveling performance out of, then just ignore this reply altogether ;-)

That was my bad. I am at work and half distracted so probably didnt explain myself well.

What I am looking for is fast xp, safety, and maybe endgame potential.

Reason for Rdm was as of right now I only have a 70 bst and 64 blu, neither are sought after in endgame. Rdm would give me a great option at that point. However, for duo it would give me safety with healing power, plus with refresh and convert the downtime would be very minimal. I can also attach with Rdm to help with kill along with enfeebles.

Drg/whm(/blu) would be for better healing support with the extra DD power. It would be more dangerous and down times with resting MP. However, kills would be faster. Drg is ok endgame but not a game changer.

Others I have thought about were Nin for tanking and DD ability with bst/whm for healing. Fast kills, however, could be dangerous if cant get shadows up and mp is low. Again endgame they are sought after but not sure how my tanking abilities would be since I would have duo'd it.

Pld - great ability to survive, low DD help but not horrible...just down time on MP.

BLM & THF - would love to have both (had them in retail) however, not sure how I would work in on DUO. I have a feeling BLM would get too much spike hate and be dying often. Thf would be fun but would have to be extremely careful of hate. BLM could help heal, thf reliant on bst being /whm.

WHM - Absolutely safe but low xp and MP dependent. Could kneel between heals. Can't really help kill faster but it would be super safe.

PUP - never played, no idea and not sure if endgame.

Hopefully, that makes more sense on what Im going over in my head. So basically looking for combination of fast xp, endgame potential, and survivability.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:32 am 

Personally, I have done a bunch of /bst with both RDM and NIN and I loved both of them. Both are viable for endgame, but RDM typically more so. DRG is typically not desired in endgame stuff on nasomi, except for niche situations.

NIN/BST is excellent for fast killing, but the concentration needed to manage shadows properly while dual boxing may be an issue. Having your BST/WHM be responsible for all the healing and support may result in healing downtime that's less desirable. NIN's damage output can pull more hate than you want at times in solo situations and a mistimed TP move from a mob can be annoying. But it's safer in duo, so it may be a wash.

RDM/BST can just go on and on endlessly a lot of the time without any downtime. Buffing your BST and debuffing mobs would make things go really smoothly. Tip: whenever going /BST, use the lvl 30 earring that gives +5 ACC. Trimmer's or Tracker's earring, I think it's called.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:28 pm 

lolBST wrote:
Personally, I have done a bunch of /bst with both RDM and NIN and I loved both of them. Both are viable for endgame, but RDM typically more so. DRG is typically not desired in endgame stuff on nasomi, except for niche situations.

NIN/BST is excellent for fast killing, but the concentration needed to manage shadows properly while dual boxing may be an issue. Having your BST/WHM be responsible for all the healing and support may result in healing downtime that's less desirable. NIN's damage output can pull more hate than you want at times in solo situations and a mistimed TP move from a mob can be annoying. But it's safer in duo, so it may be a wash.

RDM/BST can just go on and on endlessly a lot of the time without any downtime. Buffing your BST and debuffing mobs would make things go really smoothly. Tip: whenever going /BST, use the lvl 30 earring that gives +5 ACC. Trimmer's or Tracker's earring, I think it's called.

Awesome, I think I am sold on RDM. I was leaning that direction to start with but the thought of basically being able to endlessly xp has me sold. I think it would be great in the later levels as well once convert and refresh hit. Oh man! I can see it getting nasty! lol Thank you for pro~tip on earrings!