Lobby: Up
Online: 56
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:46 am 

Level 72 camp.

Onzozo.
Ose spawn area.
Torama con EM/T
fight T Torama and DC goblins.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:09 pm 

I've been lvling my THF/BST a bit and tried doing E. Altepa at 43. Everything was EP and DC, so not terribly satisfying.

I cruised over to W. Altepa and everything's too high except for the far NE zone to E. Altepa. Some of the spiders are EM at 43, so use them to fight spiders, antica, worms, and dhalmel. Having lvled here before, I know this area will be good for at least 5 levels or so, too. Looking forward to getting TH2 finally :)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:05 pm 

Just adding another solo location for my fellow beastmasters.
LvL 68-71
Uleguerand Range
I-10 J-10 and J-11
Started using the EM and T rabbits vs Nival Raptors. Rabbits will intimidate the raptors (bonus), wild carrot (bonus), but may have to swap pet during fight fight along side the bunny weapon skill around 10-12% hp remaining. Of course {Leave} pet if its T before. Then at lvl 69 just used raptor vs raptors, {leave} & ws again when target is around 10-12% hp. At lvl 70 and 71 raptors become EM vs T then DC Vs EM respectively.

Hope this helps someone from not running all over creations looking for a good spot for solo xp.

Regards,
Softpaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:54 am 

72-73: Mount Zhayolm
Camps: Map #1 K-8 (Coastline)
Charm: Mountain Clot
Prey: Assassin Fly, Sicklemoon Jagil

Notes:
- I discovered this at lv.73 and seemed alright but the range of DC to T is a bit random (maybe more suited to Lv.72?) but I was getting about 130xp if I didn't chain
- This is a one person camp, you will basically be patrolling the coastline
- Mountain Clots on Nasomi are actually broken in that they don't have their awesome En-Drain attack, but they are still super tanky and hit very hard (Sic can reach upwards of 300dmg)
- Your pets will only spawn in the tunnels a long distance away, so bring plenty of food and re-charm often
- A lone ghost will hang around but is avoidable and killable
- While you can go after Magmatic Eruca, their Incinerate attack gives too much hassle for pet management
- You'll be slammed by light AoE attacks so you'll need to heal often

Last edited by Chameleon on Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:22 pm 

72-73: Arrapago Reef
Camps: Map #2 F-9
Charm: Ashakku
Prey: Qutrub, Merrow Kabukidancer, Merrow Chantress, Heraldic Imp

Notes:
- Yeah you have to be mad to come way out here; you can either take the Illrusi Attoll staging point and brave a cave full of true sight Imps, or take the Dvucca Isle staging point and take a long long walk (I can't even remember how I got there without a map).
- This is a one person camp, you will be roaming to and fro across the boat
- I discovered this at lv.73 and targets range from DC to T (maybe more suited to Lv.72?) but I was getting about 130xp if I didn't chain
- Pets are plentiful but be careful if you ever mischarm since leeches will link, they will also destroy most things you throw at them
- Qutrub take double damage and are super easy, however they have a weird bug where they constantly blink in and out meaning you'll want to use commands "/pet Fight <bt>" and "/attack <bt>" because they're hard to retarget
- Pretty much sweep up all the Qutrub, then take out the Merrow BRD and SAMs, by now the Qutrubs should've respawned (You can mix in Imps, but it's miserable if they cast a Ga-III spell)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:07 am 

71-73: Ifrit's Cauldron
Camps: Map #7 J-4
Charm: Nightmare Bats
Prey: Volcanic Bomb

Notes:
- This camp is Incredibly dangerous for several reasons so you'll be flexing all your skills, but the XP rewards are massive!
- Nightmare bats aren't strong enough against the Bombs, you will swapping pets right in the middle of a tightly packed Sight/Sound/Magic/Link aggro zone!
- Don't use Sic, you'll be screwing yourself with Sonic Boom as it'll debuff nearby pets you need to use, and most will rarely hit the bombs anyway
- Do not let your pets die! It's very important you bring them back to their spawn and Leave them, since they're on a long respawn timer so bring lots of food!
- You will need an Ice Cluster to bypass one Flame Spout to get here
- There is no emergency escape route, and you need a constant source of Sneak/Invis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:17 pm 

Chameleon wrote:
71-73: Ifrit's Cauldron
Camps: Map #7 J-4
Charm: Nightmare Bats
Prey: Volcanic Bomb

Notes:
- This camp is Incredibly dangerous for several reasons so you'll be flexing all your skills, but the XP rewards are massive!
- Nightmare bats aren't strong enough against the Bombs, you will swapping pets right in the middle of a tightly packed Sight/Sound/Magic/Link aggro zone!
- Don't use Sic, you'll be screwing yourself with Sonic Boom as it'll debuff nearby pets you need to use, and most will rarely hit the bombs anyway
- Do not let your pets die! It's very important you bring them back to their spawn and Leave them, since they're on a long respawn timer so bring lots of food!
- You will need an Ice Cluster to bypass one Flame Spout to get here
- There is no emergency escape route, and you need a constant source of Sneak/Invis

This camp is like a BST rite of passage. I did it on retail and this post really brought back memories. This one brings together all of the skills you've developed over the course of soloing and requires them all to be mastered.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:27 pm 

My BST is 18 and I took the advice to go behind the OP in Bubu, I have issues charming (either mobs are too high or just don't charm). I have good gear but I am unsure if food is be the deciding factor to being consistent with charms.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:23 am 

Phersulion wrote:
My BST is 18 and I took the advice to go behind the OP in Bubu, I have issues charming (either mobs are too high or just don't charm). I have good gear but I am unsure if food is be the deciding factor to being consistent with charms.

As long as you're not trying to charm T or higher mobs you should be fine. At 18 things are still pretty hinky and charming can be a bit of a trial and error situation depending on what mobs you're targeting. It's often most efficient to find an EM pet and mow down a lot of DC or EP prey.

A recommendation that I have for charm macros, in case this is of use, is to do something like the following:

/equipset 1
/ja Charm <stnpc>
/wait 1
/equipset 2

In this example, equipset 1 is your charm set and 2 is your melee set. <stnpc> gives you the blue targeting arrow so you can recharm your pet even if you're fighting something. You can put <wait 1> on the same line as the /ja line, but I broke it out for simplicity.

At 18 you should have CHR boosts on rings, neck, and head, for at least +10 CHR. It's not an enormous boost but should be enough for charming DC and EMs relatively consistently. Make sure to pick up some cheap pet food soon at the chocobo stable vendor in town, too. Super cheap and handy if you've got the inventory space. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:20 am 

lolBST wrote:
Phersulion wrote:

As long as you're not trying to charm T or higher mobs you should be fine. At 18 things are still pretty hinky and charming can be a bit of a trial and error situation depending on what mobs you're targeting. It's often most efficient to find an EM pet and mow down a lot of DC or EP prey.

A recommendation that I have for charm macros, in case this is of use, is to do something like the following:

/equipset 1
/ja Charm <stnpc>
/wait 1
/equipset 2

In this example, equipset 1 is your charm set and 2 is your melee set. <stnpc> gives you the blue targeting arrow so you can recharm your pet even if you're fighting something. You can put <wait 1> on the same line as the /ja line, but I broke it out for simplicity.

At 18 you should have CHR boosts on rings, neck, and head, for at least +10 CHR. It's not an enormous boost but should be enough for charming DC and EMs relatively consistently. Make sure to pick up some cheap pet food soon at the chocobo stable vendor in town, too. Super cheap and handy if you've got the inventory space. Good luck!

Thanks chief, i'll give it another go!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next