Lobby: Up
Online: 53
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:25 pm 

If you're used to Eastern Altepa Desert then Lv.46-onwards you can also do Western Altepa Desert with minimal effort, just charm the plentiful Spiders and fight other Spiders and maybe throw some Worms into the mix when they spawn (You can also fight the Antica, but its a gamble whether they'll kill your pet too quick).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:57 pm 

I had a lot of fun doing solo/duo/trio in Crawler's Nest from 45-49, using sync and fighting everything from bees and crawlers to killer mushrooms and beetles. Even if you're not getting high chains, having another person to help with links and mischarms is super nice in there. Brought back a lot of nice memories of solo grinding in there for days and days.

Just don't fight the caveberries.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:35 pm 

Been keeping a list of all my solo/duo spots up to 60, big post incoming:

17: Valkurm Tunnel
18-19: Oasis outside Tunnel
20?
21: Meriphtaud near Outpost
22: Buburimu Crabs vs. Dhalmel
23-24: Buburimu Dhalmel/Gobs/Zu
25: Jugner North Lake (EP)
26-27: Korroloka (EP)
27-28: Maze (EP)
29-30: Shakhrami Maze Mining Room (Duo), Korroloka spiders
31-32: Korroloka Crabs (by spider NM room)
32: Shakhrami Buburimu Entrance (EP)
33-34: Shakhrami Basement (scorps vs wights)
35: ?
36-37: Bibiki Bay
38: SSG
39-40: AF Axe Gigas?
41: Eastern Altep Beetles vs. Dhalmel
42-44: Zi'Tah Sanctuary
43-44: Attohwa (Duo)
45: Attohwa K-10
46: Yhoator F-10
47: Crawler's Nest EP
48: Gustav Tunnel
49: Garlaige behind 1st Banishing, Crawler's Nest EP
50: Yhoator EP H-8 (Familiar Malboro and go to town)
51: Oztroja Chest Key/Yhoator H-8
52: Yhoator EP
53: Yhoator EP, CN Duo
54: Crawler's Nest Duo (Crawlers/Funguars/Flies vs Vespes)
55: Fei Yin Jugs (Duo)
56: Fei Yin, Pso Xja (Entrance SE of outpost)
57-59: Garlaige Basement
60: Attohwa Chasm (Duo, slow), Uleguerand Range Rabbits vs Worms
61: Uleguerand Range
62: Boyahda Tree (solo Spiders/Fung vs Spiders/Fung, duo conver the funguars by the NM to EM and pull from the tree room)
63: Boyahda Tree, Cape Terrigan (slow)
64: Boyahda Tree, Cape Terrigan, Kuftal Tunnel
65: Cape Teriggan, Kuftal Tunnel
66: Cape Teriggan
67: Pso'Xja F-7 Entrance, Attohwa Chasm (North), Fei Yin pot farming
68: Uleguerand Range (Duo), Bhaflau (H-11)
69: Bhaflau, Subterrane
70: Halvung H-9 Duo/Trio, Fei Yin Pots (EP), Caedarva Duo, Teriggan (duo), Subterrane
71: Teriggan (duo), Subterrane
72: Bhaflau, Colibri/Crawler vs Colibri/Crawler

Last edited by Xenthan on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:21 pm 

I've been doing both Gusgen, SSG, and Yuhtunga from 37-40 NIN/BST. Really good times in Yuhtunga just west of the OP, fighting sahagin and makara with opo and makara. Gusgen wasn't great since there weren't enough bombs to keep going. SSG is super fun and you can fight bats, leeches, crabs, and skeles. Really loving NIN/BST.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:36 pm 

lazychocobo wrote:
Great spot (I'm going to regret this) at 41-42 take the manaclipper ship at Bibika Bay to the island, and at the landing dock charm birds to fight urganites.
There is a NPC to the right that sells antidotes (but you should just let the pet work) and the shells the urganites drop sell for 10k/100k a stack.

You're welcome!

Before everyone runs out to farm here and ruin the xp spot that lazychocobo was nice enough to share, note that the shells sell very slowly.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:17 am 

On a whim I headed to the winter wonderland and I've been having a surprisingly good time at lvl 70 doing raptors vs raptors in the SE section of Uleguerand Range. Looked at a BST solo guide on ffxiwiki and saw that there's supposed to maybe be a bomb camp up north. Didn't even make it there yet, I just got distracted with the raptors.

You can take on any bombs you see as well, but they're rarer. Bunnies work against raptors in a pinch, and I think this would be an excellent duo/trio spot for 69 and maybe 68, depending on how big the bunny level range is.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:27 pm 

24-32
Ordelle's Caves @ the large room with Beetles, Rabbits, and leeches near H-8 on the first map

I mostly used pets and prey of the same type vs each other. (i.e beetle vs beetle). Chains in the beginning were fast, chain 4-5 common with some kills over 200xp. A missed charm with a large pool of mobs that link could be fatal! Everything seems to link only by sound here and only leeches aggro. Carry a RR scroll. Beetle jaws and leech blood sells pretty well for starting player gil. 30+ exp slowed a bit but it was still about 3K exp with each clear of the room. Early on this might support 2 bst's but 28+ I was just clearing the room when the first mobs started to respawn. 2 bst's would hurt each others exp.

I tried the same tactic with higher level beetles further inside but the others all aggro and became a bit of a pain at times plus people farming keys started coming in so I moved back. At 32 exp dropped to 80 or less per kill but was still easy fast exp. Could probably stay here to 34 but I grew tired of seeing the same thing for 8 levels.

A friend leveling with a decent exp party in qufim got left behind here by a few levels with how quickly exp was coming in for me. We were both 26 and when I hit 32 he was only halfway through 29. Now I'm back to looking for another decent camp :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:23 pm 

Best exp I ever got on bst was 35-40 at the entrance to CN, using cheap jugs. Duo with Gamtrex we was getting steady 12k-14k per hour suiciding the bees, then around 39 bees exp dropped off a little so started adding crawlers to keep chains, both bst/nin.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:53 am 

Was meandering around Western Altepa Desert while looking in different QSC zones for Sand Lizards (found some that are EM+ @58), noticed a goblin on Widescan near Oasis of Hubol and went up to check it out. There's 8 goblins of varying jobs meandering around the pond, they're all DC to me @58, so I figure they're probably 54-56ish (killed a few and got between 80-105xp)? Probably a decent bomb-camp for 51~54, but can't verify the levels. One of the pros about this camp is there is a decent amount of gobs and there really isn't anything else around but the gobs, so the fights would be fairly safe (much safer than Garlaige by any rate). However, one of the cons about this camp is... there really isn't anything else there but the gobs. What little charm fodder there is is a decent clip SW or SE from the proper camp. Recommend bringing a lot of jugs and rewards.

I wanted to update this post with another lower 40's camp I may have found. In SSG, in the Namtar room, there are two jellies and about 8 skeletons (there are a few more jellies in the west tunnel, along with more skeletons). The Jellies, like all the others, are an astounding pet due to the potent damage reduction traits and their quite ample attack which does blunt, which is quite effective against skeletons. One jelly can solo a skeleton with no help from you in about 80seconds and still have 80%+ HP. While jellies do have resist charm, I've not noticed it be such a detriment in other camps. Effectivly one could charm one, familiar it, and just have it pummel bones for the next half hour and only need 1-2 rewards. Or once the room is cleared out, failed charms are skeleton agro shouldn't be as risky, and you can then just swap between the two jellies between fights. I didn't xp here, I just found it messing around in SSG and saw it had the makings of a decent camp. I'm not sure of the exact levels but based on xiwiki and the nasomi level adjustment I want to say the mobs' range is 41-44. So you could probably camp start camping there are 39, maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:37 pm 

Haven't really touched BST in ages but did this recently;

63-65: Wajoam Woodlands (K-7, J-9, G-8)
PETS: Lesser Colibri
MOBS: Lesser Colibri

Ok now this one heavily depends on the time of day, because each spot is within the most heavily popular camp spots in the game. However if no one is around you can effortlessly chain between birds without stopping since the mobs hit hard and fast with safe TP attacks.
I forget what it's like at 63 but at 64 everything was either DC or EM.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next