Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:25 pm 

It seems that Mob Leveling Adjustment hit bst the hardest, because it's hard to know where to lvl. I am going to post what worked for me up to 25. If you have any spots that are good I urge you to post as well.

1-12 -> Newbie Zone
Note: Don't over think this, just kill a crazy amount of Easy or DC mobs. Charm DC or EM, and go to town.

12-16 -> la theine plateau
Note: You will notice mobs hit harder, but you can tank them still and have your pet there as dps. Just get through these levels.

16-25 -> Valkrum
Note: I didn't think I would spend this much time there, but my tactic was almost pure Lizards. First you start at the zone line to Konschtat Highlands, then move to D-7 where you will find 3 packs of lizards, first one is the lowest then the one on the hill is the highest. Goblins are not worth it, I would just stay away. Keep to just Charming EM or DC and kill DC mobs. I leveled here till about 23, then I moved to OP and charmed Snippers ( which don't social aggro ), and killed flies which are very weak. Leeches are the highest lvl, but since they are so close together I didn't touch them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:46 am 

I am level 28 currently and want to share my experiences so far. Much of my levelling is done grinding Easy Prey so far; it is boring safe and fast. If it isn't for you, you can always seek out stronger prey. i plan to switch to that style eventually. Use Pet Food Alpha and your 2 hour when you can to reduce recharms. You can get Pet Food Alpha at a Chocobo Stables vendor for 11 gil each.

13 - 17 Tahrongi Canyon

13, 14, 15: Even Match or DC Carniverous Crawler vs all the Easy Prey types like rabbits, Mandies, Bees, Saplings and the low level Beastmen.

16,17: Same thing, but with Wild Dhalmels now.

18 - 19 Valkurm Dunes

18: I spent a level killing Toughs for a change. I used Lizards vs Goblins in Valkurm Dunes near the Konschtat Highlands zone. Stay away from the Tinkerer though, he is harder because of Drain.

19: **suggested camp removed; the server is too crowded for BSTs to solo in this location.**

20, 21, 22 La Theine Plateau

I fought Easy Prey Funguar in the southern part of the zone. If you run a loop around the spawn area, they will repop as you go. You can kill tier 2 Orcs as well. Use a Thickshell Crab as your pet for a little extra damage. You get a lot of Sleepshrooms and Dark Crystals as a nice bonus.

23 - 28 Valkurm Dunes

23: I did a duo with another BST, Crabs vs Pugils at the beach near Valkurm Emperor. There are four Pugil spawns and you can get Chain 3, then rest for respawns. You can also pull a Goblin from further inland if you'd like. This camp could work for 24 and possibly 25 as well as the Pugils still could be chained.

24, 25, 26, 27:**suggested camp removed; the server is too crowded for BSTs to solo in this location.**

24 - 25 Jugner Forest (Alternative, solo only camp will not support a duo)

At Spore Hollow, the Funguar seem to be level 24 - 26. This will be a more traditional camp with Chains. You can use them as both Pet and Prey, you may need to supplement your Pets with Sheep from nearby at level 24. They link, so plan around this by trying to Charm them when they are alone, and watching out for the path they will walk during pet swaps. It gets easier once you've cleared them out some.

Last edited by Concepcion on Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:41 pm 

I just unlocked beastmaster a couple of weeks ago, but unfortubately I don't remember exact levels. I also had a powerleveler, so my prey (like goblins) may not be advisable to all.

1-12: South Gustaberg. Kill everything in sight. Move from the beginner area to the tower where Bubbly Bernie used to pop. Then when those goblins, vultures, and bees become easy prey, move onto the lizards at Leaping Lizzy's camp. I eked out the last couple of levels with the crabs and goblins at the entrance to Dangruf Wadi.

13-16: Tahroni Canyon. I started with charming an even match or decent challenge vulture, then went down to the crag to slaughter easy preys for quick exp. When dhalmels became even match I charmed one of those and killed everything, from easy preys around the crag, to vultures, to other dhalmels.

16-24ish: Valkurm Dunes. I charmed lizards and fought lizards until I was about 18 or 19. When the XP started to dry out I attacked goblins too. Having a powerleveler meant I could survive bomb toss. When that XP died I moved onto crabs and flies on the beach (since they've been moved now). I finished up with charming leeches or crabs and fighting fish.

I had a couple of parties at Qufim. They got me a level or two.

25-33: Qufim Island. I was shocked that worms were tough for as long as they were. Crabs too. I killed worms with jugs until crabs became even match. Then I used crabs against worms and other crabs. When fish became tough I used crabs against them; sometimes you'll be lucky and the main fish alley will be open. If not, go to the cliff close to the tower. When fish became even match I used them against other fish.

I was disappointed that leeches really never became viable pets. They were always tough.

At 32 I went inside the tower and fought gigas. I used the bats there but I also had to use jugs.

33-42: Eastern Altepa Desert. This is the best camp ever. I had so much fun I was beside myself. The only downfall is that if someone is farming webs it will damage your XP per hour.

Use spiders versus spiders until beetles con even match. Then use beetles versus spiders. When dhalmels con tough (some may still con very tough or incredibly tough) use beetles versus dhalmels AND spiders. Spiders gave great XP for how squishy they were through this entire camp. When dhalmels con even match, switch between beetle and dhalmel pets to fight harder dhalmels and spiders. When I was able to take down dhalmels I moved to the main camp near the north Western Altepa Desert entrance.

When this camp died, I started to struggle finding places to go.

I tried Yuhtunga Jungle, dropping down from the outpost and using opo-opo pets against sahagins. I think I got to 43 here?

I also tried Yhoator Jungle with bee and opo-opo pets against bees and goblins. It was okay XP but you have to be careful; bees link and their final sting is overpowered here. They can easily one shot you at any percentage of health.

I also tried crawlers versus goblins. It was sub par XP.

I think I got level 50 in Crawlers Nest, using even match and decent challenge scorpions against crawlers and lizards. Again. It wasn't the best XP but it did okay.

When I got 50 I did Gustav Tunnel. Charmed bats, flies, and leeches and fought everything in the first big room (goblins, flies, fish). Got to 52 before XP started to tank.

I tried Garlaige Citadel with explosures but due to the monster level raise, there wee no even match pets. The XP was not good. And they didn't chain which I thought was strange. Unless someone wants to try it with jugs, I would not recommend.

I also tried Labyrinth of Onzozo. Which was okay, but not great. I got 52 to 54 here. I charmed leeches in the main hallway and killed goblins and cockatrice.

Afterwards I tried all kinds of camps but have yet to find a decent solo spot. I feel like 50+ has made soloing almost impossible. I tried Quicksand Caves, and the spiders and beetles were all tough to very tough still. I tried the Rock in Western Altepa Desert but the beetles took too long to kill for decent XP. I heard Toraimarai Canal sucks because puddings don't have the defense they did on retail. I tried the mythril door in Sea Serpent Grotto and their levels were all kinds of messed up. (The door also said it had "gold glittering" but still accepted my mythril beastcoin. And yes, it was the mythril door I went to according to wiki's maps.)

Thankfully there was a beastmaster who wanted to party. We did 53 to 55 down in the Crawlers Nest basement. We charmed crawlers and fungi and fought them against the bees (Vespos). Great xp duo, though I tried solo and my pets died too quickly for it to be effective.

And that's where I am now! I want to find better solo camps. I was getting, on average, 5-6k an hour at each camp. When XP started to die it was closer to 3-4k an hour. Keep in mind I did have a blm/rdm powerleveler to keep my Hp up. And I shoved so many biscuits down my pets' throats that that's probably what killed them.

So any help 56+ would be wonderful.sorry I didn't keep a better track record of my levels. I typically just check everything as I go and adjust my plan from there.

Last edited by Meyi on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:46 pm 

Goblins and bombs will always be on the list for xp, just need to watch tp and get away before bomb toss or let pet solo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:17 pm 

In the olden days, boyo tree and kuftal tunnel would both have mobs that spawned in the low 60 range. So did wajoam woods, although that may not be an option at this time. You're trying to get through the upper 50's though.

Do any of the level capped areas, like riverne, have anything you can work through at 40 or 50 cap to bridge the gap?

What level are the west altepa beetles /dhalmels these days?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:31 am 

I'd like to verify that the camp J-7 in Fei'Yin is an AWESOME camp! Level 56, I charmed Balayangs (all Decent Challenge) and fought Sentinent Carafes (all Toughs). Great XP; I was getting chain 4s for 280.

However, for this camp to be decent you will need someone who can cure you. Lots. With Mysterious Light, Double Light, Spinning Attack, aga II spells and Ancient Magic spells, your HP will fall often. And the bats aren't strong enough to solo, you definitely want to fight with your pet, which means you'll be tanking some. /NIN was great for shadows (especially for AM), but all the -ga attacks and spells made it a little frustrating to lose shadows.

EDIT: I have a friend (Supabuck) who was soloing here at 56, getting chain 3s and 4s without a PL. Said he would just run away when the AoE spells were being cast.

We also tried trioing at 55. We got up to chain 7s (about 110-150xp a piece), but the pots melted. Not enough monsters is what broke our chains, not the kill rate.

We also tried duoing at 56, and we got up to chain 10; we killed at just the right speed to let them respawn without losing our chain. This was close to 10k an hour.

All in all, I would strongly suggest this camp for BSTs 55-58. Even solo at 58, I'm getting about 120-160 a kill, chain 4.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:12 am 

Well! Just checking in to report my findings. The wiki camp list is great, but with the increase of monster levels, sometimes the pets or target monsters are too high or too low of level.

I tried Bostaunieux Oubliette and was disappointed. :( I was looking for the Werebats, which according to Allakahzam and FFXIclopedia should have been level 55-59 (so with the adjustments, may have been 57-61ish). I looked all over and couldn't find them. I also tried fighting the funnel bats versus other funnel bats (being decent challenges), and it was slow xp. Not worth it.

I also tried Toraimarai Canal. The pugils were Even Match and Tough to a level 59 (meaning the pugs are 59-60/61). It was okay-ish xp, I guess, but I found the pugs were difficult to charm and they hit rather hard.

Still trying to find a new solo camp.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:32 am 

49=54 i pled my bst in gc on the banishing gate bombs galka hp ftw...

55-60 is easy pickings with f bats and bombs in basement

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:52 pm 

Maybe it gets better when you're able to charm beetles, but East Aletpa was slow for me. It was the best option from 34-36 though. At 36 I moved over to Misereux Coast. Sheep and bees as pets fighting sheep, bees, and bugards. Couldn't chain well but one EM sheep could kill 2-3 DC bees no problem.

At 37 I went over to Bibiki Bay. Assuming you don't get screwed over with pet repops, chain 3 was easy to get. Dhalmels, efts, and rabbits all pop anywhere from DC-T. Used whatever was available to fight efts, dhalmels, and ravens. This has been the best camp I've used in terms of being able to chain.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:23 pm 

Meyi wrote:
I'd like to verify that the camp J-7 in Fei'Yin is an AWESOME camp! Level 56, I charmed Balayangs (all Decent Challenge) and fought Sentinent Carafes (all Toughs). Great XP; I was getting chain 4s for 280.

However, for this camp to be decent you will need someone who can cure you. Lots. With Mysterious Light, Double Light, Spinning Attack, aga II spells and Ancient Magic spells, your HP will fall often. And the bats aren't strong enough to solo, you definitely want to fight with your pet, which means you'll be tanking some. /NIN was great for shadows (especially for AM), but all the -ga attacks and spells made it a little frustrating to lose shadows.

EDIT: I have a friend (Supabuck) who was soloing here at 56, getting chain 3s and 4s without a PL. Said he would just run away when the AoE spells were being cast.

We also tried trioing at 55. We got up to chain 7s (about 110-150xp a piece), but the pots melted. Not enough monsters is what broke our chains, not the kill rate.

We also tried duoing at 56, and we got up to chain 10; we killed at just the right speed to let them respawn without losing our chain. This was close to 10k an hour.

All in all, I would strongly suggest this camp for BSTs 55-58. Even solo at 58, I'm getting about 120-160 a kill, chain 4.

I'm glad Balayangs worked out for someone else, I accidentally found that spot and it was a little different pre-level adjustment. Good to know that it's still viable, because it's very far off of the beaten path! :D

Let's do the Time Warp again!

New to Nasomi and have a question? PM me, I'd be glad to help!