Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: BST Gear Guide!
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:50 pm 

I just had a 4xBst party on bombs in Garlaige this weekend. Went amazing. We did look for a couple smn to no avail but we still steam rolled through 2 levels in just around an hour or so. It was great xp and no down time.

We all went bst/whm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:47 am 

Cherripepsi wrote:
I just had a 4xBst party on bombs in Garlaige this weekend. Went amazing. We did look for a couple smn to no avail but we still steam rolled through 2 levels in just around an hour or so. It was great xp and no down time.

We all went bst/whm

What level? Add it to the camps post!

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:18 pm 

Guedj wrote:
Cherripepsi wrote:

We all went bst/whm

What level? Add it to the camps post!

I think we level synced to 48/49 - I believe. It was past the weighted door and in the bomb room with Dromas.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 pm 

As a person who is relatively new to Nasomi but was experienced with BST on retail (1st job to 75, played it for quite a bit of content) I was wondering if anything has changed with the debate about Light/Apollo's Staff vs. CHR (Signa)?

I recognize that Nasomi is different from retail but it seems odd that Nas would actually just alter this coding from retail specifically without any explanation. Furthermore, the only evidence being offered that the staves don't work is "I've been on this server for longer that anyone else, that's just how it is". You may be right, but confirmation bias is also a thing. Has anyone actually tested it? Charm cooldown is quite short, someone who has access to both a Staff and a Signa could find T or VT mobs by a zone wall and do 200 (or w/e you deem statistically significant) attempted charms using a staff vs signa and no other CHR gear and we could see what the data says.

My intent here is not to start a flame war and this isn't a personal attack. Just as someone with a background in science, claims supported by evidence and data are much more credible than opinion, and if you have no data, all you actually have is an opinion. Has anyone ever done any testing? If not, is anyone interested? I'm not far enough along on Nasomi or I would do it myself.

Thanks in advance for your open-mindedness!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:29 pm 

I'd anyone is looking to pet exp sometime my bst is on cusp of 68 pst

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:51 pm 

Dodi wrote:
As a person who is relatively new to Nasomi but was experienced with BST on retail (1st job to 75, played it for quite a bit of content) I was wondering if anything has changed with the debate about Light/Apollo's Staff vs. CHR (Signa)?

I recognize that Nasomi is different from retail but it seems odd that Nas would actually just alter this coding from retail specifically without any explanation. Furthermore, the only evidence being offered that the staves don't work is "I've been on this server for longer that anyone else, that's just how it is". You may be right, but confirmation bias is also a thing. Has anyone actually tested it? Charm cooldown is quite short, someone who has access to both a Staff and a Signa could find T or VT mobs by a zone wall and do 200 (or w/e you deem statistically significant) attempted charms using a staff vs signa and no other CHR gear and we could see what the data says.

My intent here is not to start a flame war and this isn't a personal attack. Just as someone with a background in science, claims supported by evidence and data are much more credible than opinion, and if you have no data, all you actually have is an opinion. Has anyone ever done any testing? If not, is anyone interested? I'm not far enough along on Nasomi or I would do it myself.

Thanks in advance for your open-mindedness!

Nothing personal, but if you're going to harp on people for not providing you with ample data, you should at least be willing to do a quick read through on the updates section.

As a law student, all I do is research. Here's some cursory (and free!) research for you:

"2018-07-16 Maintenance

The following has been adjusted:

BLU AF NPC fixed
BLU TP adjusted
Certain crash scenarios fixed
Flying Wyrm EVA adjusted
Mob WS animation fixed
Charm message fixed
Chat/Iridal Charm added (It's believed that he also meant Apollo/Light, as those seem to make a difference now as well)
SMN rebuilt from the ground up
• Avatar melee damage calculations
• BP revamped
• BP Skillchains added
Synth bug fixed
Autoclaim rewrite
Atropos Orb KSNM's have been added"

Moreover, checking a certain code database that shall not be named, would also provide you with the information you would have needed to know that charm was not given any consideration when the staves were initially coded for the private servers.

I’m going to murder Nas.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:48 pm 

Baldr wrote:
"2018-07-16 Maintenance

BLU AF NPC fixed
BLU TP adjusted
Flying Wyrm EVA adjusted
Mob WS animation fixed
Charm message fixed
Chat/Iridal Charm added (It's believed that he also meant Apollo/Light, as those seem to make a difference now as well)
• BP revamped
• BP Skillchains added
Synth bug fixed
Autoclaim rewrite

Moreover, checking a certain code database that shall not be named, would also provide you with the information you would have needed to know that charm was not given any consideration when the staves were initially coded for the private servers.

Isn't "Charm" the duration of effect (length of time), not success (whether you "stick" the charm in the first place)? I appreciate your research, but, unless I am mistaken, it would seem like these are two separate things were are talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:55 pm 

Dodi wrote:
Baldr wrote:
"2018-07-16 Maintenance

BLU AF NPC fixed
BLU TP adjusted
Flying Wyrm EVA adjusted
Mob WS animation fixed
Charm message fixed
• BP revamped
• BP Skillchains added
Synth bug fixed
Autoclaim rewrite

Isn't "Charm" the duration of effect (length of time), not success (whether you "stick" the charm in the first place)? I appreciate your research, but, unless I am mistaken, it would seem like these are two separate things were are talking about.

Nasomi writes things innaccurately all the time. There is another thread where someone did testing somewhat recently and it showed a pretty clear percentage increase in charm success rate when using one of the staves.

anecdotally, i levelled with Signa only until recently. My first time using apollo’s was for several hours at 57 and 58 vs bombs in garlaige. I felt like I had very few mischarns and only one double mischarm.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
Dodi wrote:
Baldr wrote:
"2018-07-16 Maintenance

BLU AF NPC fixed
BLU TP adjusted
Flying Wyrm EVA adjusted
Mob WS animation fixed
Charm message fixed
• BP revamped
• BP Skillchains added
Synth bug fixed
Autoclaim rewrite

Nasomi writes things innaccurately all the time. There is another thread where someone did testing somewhat recently and it showed a pretty clear percentage increase in charm success rate when using one of the staves.

Ok, thanks, my mistake then. I had someone link this original thread to me earlier in Discord saying that I was wrong about the staves (I was going based on retail) and unfortunately I didn't spend any additional time researching it on Nasomi prior to asking my questions. Thanks for the clarification.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:28 pm 

Glad to have you here, Dodi. It helps to question what we know about this game because a lot of it is not documented and not accurate to retail.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next