Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: BST Gear Guide!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:07 am 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
Juggernaut is a much more gil-smart purchase

And Maneater an even smarter one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:55 pm 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
rocl wrote:
Kubisnaxx wrote:
Juggernaut is a much more gil-smart purchase

And Maneater an even smarter one.

False. You are also using the notion that this is retail and that ME is better, which is wrong. Attack+ is much more potent here than on retail, making juggernaut a much better choice than maneater

You mentioned gil-smart choices. One is 2 mil, the other under 10k. At comparable performance, one is a much smarter purchase if gil is a consideration. I'd be curious to see the numbers on both if 3str and 13.5atk trumps 3 base DMG here on Nasomi.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:52 am 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
rocl wrote:
You mentioned gil-smart choices. One is 2 mil, the other under 10k. At comparable performance, one is a much smarter purchase if gil is a consideration. I'd be curious to see the numbers on both if 3str and 13.5atk trumps 3 base DMG here on Nasomi.

I just said attack is more potent here than retail. Not sure why you're trying to argue with someone that's been here two years when you haven't even been here for 1 and probably only have 1 job that is 75. You don't even have BST75 so how would you know what's best for it?

I feel compelled to repeat myself because you seem to have missed the only point I was making: from a performance and monetary standpoint, if Juggernaut is a gil-smart purchase compared to Guttler, then Maneater is a gil-smart purchase compared to Juggernaut. Nowhere did I state one was superior to the other, or claim that X or Y is "best for the job." Being interested in seeing parses from this server doesn't mean I'm disputing your statement or that I'm looking for an argument, but from the tone of your post and its contents it's clear that's what you're after. Sorry, bit too frivolous for me so I can't oblige you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 pm 

Tl;Dr Rocls on point and kubi is an idiot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:27 pm 

Baldr wrote:
Here, I'll answer it for you:

Staves have seemingly no effect on Charm rates or duration here. CHR is king. I've got more experience on BST than literally every other BST on this server, without question. That's how it works here for the time being. No ifs or buts, that's just how it works.

Thanks, I was so close to buying the apollo staff...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:52 pm 

Just want to point out that rain hat from mushroom nm in the santuary of zi'ti has both mps for mps resting set with bst/whm and +2 MND for reward set. I dumped gold hairpin and just use this for both sets. Only +2 MND head piece bst care wear. Highest mnd piece too unfortunetly. On nas the nm is no where near as rare as retail. Though still not super common.

Also frog leggings (spelling?) From an nm in Sea serpent grotto has +20 mps for legs. Combined with lvl 40 rings Vivian or electrum and you don't need any rse to cast reraise or do full buffs from a rest.

Realistic 75 chr axe is the lvl 68 axe from scorpion nm in ifrits caldron. It's +5.

There is a quested +3 chr neck piece converts 15hp to mp. I use that for mps set and chr set.

There are lvl 50 rse belts. For Mithra I get mps and 3 mnd. I use for reward and mp set

At 75 I never use -enimity gear. While leveling you don't NEED it either as you can just turn away. But that being said I used crow/Raven legs several times while leveling as it was just easier.

Very good work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:14 pm 

cyber857 wrote:
Just want to point out that rain hat from mushroom nm in the santuary of zi'ti has both mps for mps resting set with bst/whm and +2 MND for reward set. I dumped gold hairpin and just use this for both sets. Only +2 MND head piece bst care wear. Highest mnd piece too unfortunetly. On nas the nm is no where near as rare as retail. Though still not super common.

Also frog leggings (spelling?) From an nm in Sea serpent grotto has +20 mps for legs. Combined with lvl 40 rings Vivian or electrum and you don't need any rse to cast reraise or do full buffs from a rest.

Realistic 75 chr axe is the lvl 68 axe from scorpion nm in ifrits caldron. It's +5.

There is a quested +3 chr neck piece converts 15hp to mp. I use that for mps set and chr set.

There are lvl 50 rse belts. For Mithra I get mps and 3 mnd. I use for reward and mp set

At 75 I never use -enimity gear. While leveling you don't NEED it either as you can just turn away. But that being said I used crow/Raven legs several times while leveling as it was just easier.

Very good work.

Added the Rain Hat for Reward Set, Changed all Charm Weapons to Monster Signa from Light Staves. I don't really have a +MP section but I like the dual use for reward/MP to save space. It is Frog Trousers for the Sea Serpent Grotto Legs that you mentioned. All good choices.

Thank you everyone, once this gets fully filled out. I'll move it over to the Wiki, but I feel as here it will get more views/contribution that the wiki.

I haven't been on for about a month, Traveling to China/Hawaii but I'm hoping to get on later this week and continue to level my BST

- Zeko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 pm 

Regarding the Reward set, Rain hat does not really worth it imo.

Once you hit lv 71, the head slot should always be Bison or Khimaira bonnet. The recast -10 sec is far more important. IF somehow you really dun care about recast and only want to maximize the Reward HP, there is AF+1 (Beast Helm+1) with +8MND.

Before lv71, without pet food zeta and all the Enhance Reward stacking, 2MND would only give u an extra 4 to 5 HP per Reward. I would prefer inventory+1 :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:06 pm 

ujhbn wrote:
Regarding the Reward set, Rain hat does not really worth it imo.

Once you hit lv 71, the head slot should always be Bison or Khimaira bonnet. The recast -10 sec is far more important. IF somehow you really dun care about recast and only want to maximize the Reward HP, there is AF+1 (Beast Helm+1) with +8MND.

Before lv71, without pet food zeta and all the Enhance Reward stacking, 2MND would only give u an extra 4 to 5 HP per Reward. I would prefer inventory+1 :P

Thanks! Especially with inventory change I agree now. I have updated it to Bison bonnet for level 71.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:09 pm 

I see this group is quite dormant, but I am quite tempted by the job... this or SAM (quite different choices, I know). Any feedback?

Even a yay it’s appreciated ^^

"I'm and adventurer of Vana'diel"
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARghlVjBab0)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next