Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: BST NM Gear Musts
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:43 pm 

Are there NM's I need to be hunting for must have BST gear? I want to start working on making my bst the best geared I can within reason (I dont have millions of gil). I am currently sitting in SH for body but should I be wearing the 1 tick refresh piece instead?

Post subject: Re: BST NM Gear Musts
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:28 pm 

I personally never bothered with the Scorpion Harness because I figured the evasion bonus was worthless. I'm never going to have enough EVA to be worthwhile, so I went with a Haubergeon (+1). It's definitely more expensive, but I partied a lot in standard xp parties and wanted to be the best example of a BST I could be, as we have a bad enough rep as it is. Most of my gear choices were based on this fact and better/more expensive than they needed to be if I were to solo more. That said, a SH is a fine stand in for most purposes.

If you're soloing more, than you can truly wear whatever you want and sometimes it can be to your benefit to NOT have the best gear, because you won't pull aggro as easily. Also, the Gaudy Harness for the MP tick becomes super valuable here. I've never been lucky enough to get the drop after something like 10 hours subligar farming in the Aqueducts, so I still don't have it--though I have just about every other subligar now....

NM gear that comes to mind... Fransisca (Aquarius in Boyahda Tree) and Assault Jerkin (Ose in Labyrinth of Onzozo). Neither is great, but if you're broke then they might tide you over while you raise funds for better stuff. I used the axe as an offhand for when I went /nin, but that wasn't too often. You can also do some BCNM and try to get that PCC r/e drop or a Kabrakan's (only 100k gil, just buy it) which I assume is from an OWNM somewhere right now.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:35 pm 

I really appreciate the info! Can you solo farm the aqueducts?

I will definitely farm for AJ (even if its for other jobs). I do need to level my /nin - it's only 12 - so that might be my next priority. I just never have time to party so I will be nin/bst solo LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:11 pm 

Cherripepsi wrote:

Yes, 2 hour a diremite near the BST Fomor and it can be done solo. Only attempt to charm while Tame is available, shadows from /nin saves you from Dancing Chains, and use a lot of the highest pet food you can equip. It may take you a few Familiars to get it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:02 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
Cherripepsi wrote:

Yes, 2 hour a diremite near the BST Fomor and it can be done solo. Only attempt to charm while Tame is available, shadows from /nin saves you from Dancing Chains, and use a lot of the highest pet food you can equip. It may take you a few Familiars to get it.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:15 pm 

When you hit 105 + CHR you can start to charm + Familiar tigers around Wajaom Woodlands...you want to do this for your Zoraal Ja Axes, which give 10% more Reward HP if you use Reward whilst they're equipped (I say "they're" because with /NIN you can have 2 of them, for 20% Reward set bonus). These come from the Zoraal Ja's Pkuucha, which is soloable with Pet Food Zetas.

Lohar is another good one to solo for Aht Urhgan situations where you need high CHR; you can get it from Tyrannic Tunnok in Ifrit's Cauldron, another soloable fight if you use Carrie with Familiar up and fight alongside your pet, using zetas for healing (might take a while).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:43 pm 

Eekfish wrote:
When you hit 105 + CHR you can start to charm + Familiar tigers around Wajaom Woodlands...you want to do this for your Zoraal Ja Axes, which give 10% more Reward HP if you use Reward whilst they're equipped (I say "they're" because with /NIN you can have 2 of them, for 20% Reward set bonus). These come from the Zoraal Ja's Pkuucha, which is soloable with Pet Food Zetas.

Lohar is another good one to solo for Aht Urhgan situations where you need high CHR; you can get it from Tyrannic Tunnok in Ifrit's Cauldron, another soloable fight if you use Carrie with Familiar up and fight alongside your pet, using zetas for healing (might take a while).

Oh sweet!!!! Ty you for this. I had no clue about it but now I will head that way when I hit those numbers! I just want to be the best bst I can be so I can try and solo crazy things lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:55 pm 

Cherripepsi wrote:
Oh sweet!!!! Ty you for this. I had no clue about it but now I will head that way when I hit those numbers! I just want to be the best bst I can be so I can try and solo crazy things lol.

It probably isn't 105, but I've had success charming stuff at 105 CHR in Aht Urhgan lol, and none at 99 or 101 (maybe just got really unlucky at these values)

Hope it works out for you, I had to get to Lv75 (Galka CHR is miserable ; ; )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm 

Eekfish wrote:

Hmm... I guess I need to get out there and charm some tigers! Anything else worthwhile in those zones that a BST can solo? I haven't had any experience with ToAU, much less our lvl 99 version.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:23 am 

Concepcion wrote:
Cherripepsi wrote:

Just for the record your better Familiaring an IT Oil Slick for soloing this, the diremites die pretty quick.