Lobby: Up
Online: 26
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 pm 

Hi everyone!

I had a couple of questions about BCNMs now that they are back and thought it would be good to have a section where we could post some tips/tricks for fellow Beasties.

General Tips:
Most if not all do a "Your Orb, Your Loot" system. Do not roll on someone else's orb loot, but confirm that this is this case before duo'ing/trio'ing.

1. Which BCNMs can be solo'ed
Wings of Fury
---Level: 20
---PET: Charm a Furies

2. Which BCNMs can be Duo'ed
Birds of a Feather
---Level: 30
---PET: Courier Carrie or Tiger familiar

3. Which BCNMs can be Trio'ed
Under_Observation
----Level: 40
----PET: Funguar or Tiger Jug pet

Up_in_Arms
----Level: 60
----PET: Funguar

Specifically I was wondering about ones like UpInArms for Kraken Club farming and other things like that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:53 am 

BCNM 30 Petrifying Pair
Utsusemi:Ni is the target drop
BST/WHM with as much MP as you can muster (Rolanberry Pie, gear)
Pet: Crab Familiar
It is very helpful to have your BST at 48+ for stronger pet food, but I’d wager its not a requirement.

The other two jobs need to be able to kill the stronger Lizard with a little bit of support healing from the BST. 2 WAR/NIN are very good at this, but I’ve seen a lot of combos work.

Upon entering, use Call Beast and let it cool down to 1:30 or so. The BST goes in first and puts his pet on the weaker Lizard, then everyone fights the stronger Lizard. Use Reward to keep your jug alive. When your pet dies, summon another and put it back on the weaker Lizard. Use Reward again on the 2nd jug pet.

During all of this, Cure any damage that your party members take. The jug pet will hold off the Lizard until you finish off the other Lizard. Finally, you all gang up on the last Lizard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:23 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
BCNM 30 Petrifying Pair
Utsusemi:Ni is the target drop
BST/WHM with as much MP as you can muster (Rolanberry Pie, gear)
Pet: Crab Familiar
It is very helpful to have your BST at 48+ for stronger pet food, but I’d wager its not a requirement.

The other two jobs need to be able to kill the stronger Lizard with a little bit of support healing from the BST. 2 WAR/NIN are very good at this, but I’ve seen a lot of combos work.

Upon entering, use Call Beast and let it cool down to 1:30 or so. The BST goes in first and puts his pet on the weaker Lizard, then everyone fights the stronger Lizard. Use Reward to keep your jug alive. When your pet dies, summon another and put it back on the weaker Lizard. Use Reward again on the 2nd jug pet.

During all of this, Cure any damage that your party members take. The jug pet will hold off the Lizard until you finish off the other Lizard. Finally, you all gang up on the last Lizard.

So can you Solo/Duo/Trio it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:46 pm 

It is a 3 person BCNM, I don’t recommend going with less.

The difficulty of BCNMs have been increased since their re-introduction. It is can be very difficult to low man them now.

Also, only some are back. 40, 50 and 60 are not back yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:02 am 

Made a quick video last night showing the basic solo strategy for Wings of Fury. I'd been away from the server the past year and heard the bcnms had been buffed up quite a bit, so I was a bit curious and wanted to try this one out.

Familiar shouldn't be necessary, just don't use reward on the first furies since you'll want that one to die before charm wears off.

Wings of Fury BST Solo - Nasomi