Lobby: Up
Online: 53
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Importance of CHR race?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:05 pm 

I did my best to search the forums as best i could but didn’t find what i was seeking. I’ve got retail bst experience and I’ve done a lot of reading on all the nasomi intricacies I can but still am unsure about one thing. How important is it to be one of the 3 races with 79 base CHR at 75 compared to 71 for galka/Mithra? I know you can get in to galka hp for uh ohs, taru mp for raise, Mithra dex/agi for acc/Eva etc but with crazy 99 mob shenanigans in ToAU and CHR trumping Apollo’s from what I’ve read do you need that extra 8 CHR for maximum charm efficiency? I have a taru and a Mithra to choose from and would lean towards the Mithra but don’t want to miss hilarious death loops at endgame potential. That one aspect just seems like it’s a lot more in depth than lolgalkamage.

Thanks for your time!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:48 pm 

CHR is important for ToAU Charming for sure. I'll try to explain some basic stuff about CHR in that area

I have a Galka Beastmaster. At Lv68 or so this meant not being able to reach 100 CHR whilst other races (Hume, Taru, Dhalmel...not sure on those, definitely Hume and Taru tho) could easily reach over 100 CHR; I've heard from many this is a breakpoint for charming mobs in Aht Urhgan but I've had success as low as 105 CHR (at Lv75 BST) and even better success at 108 CHR (when I got a CHR body lol). My base CHR is 67 with WHM sub (64 as /NIN) and 108 total.

I'd argue that yeah the extra +8 CHR is easy mode for races that aren't Galka or Mithra.

However try to remember that you will always be able to get enough gear to charm mobs with some rate of success; at least until you start getting best in slot CHR gear where it would be easier.

If you need more CHR also, I've been advised to sub /BLU. BLU has a lot of early CHR boosting spells you can set, I have not tried it but I'd imagine this would be the other path if gear is too tricky or time consuming to obtain. I'd recommend picking up the Monster Signa, and getting to lv75 doesn't hurt, but if you're doing stuff in Aht Urhgan you probably want Lv72 minimum for Pet Food Zetas. You'll be more limited in what you can achieve, but if you're only going there to beat up monsters it should be fine (and possibly some of the ZNMs if you're creative enough!)

If you can't the Monster Signa for whatever reason, the Lohar is a good option at higher levels for CHR (+5) and you can offhand a weapon for some CHR as well (Hawker Knife +1), which can give you a very similar amount; I use Monster Signa and Bugard Leather Strap currently for +9, but Lohar + Muse Tariqah (need to beat the ZNM for it) is 12, and much later you could max it out with I think Temperance Axe + Muse Tariqah for +14. I might be wrong on what the best CHR gear is in slot for weapons but those are some options.

If you're hurting for CHR you can also try taking the +4 CHR Rice Balls or using a Tavnazian Taco.

Imo pick whatever race you want. CHR is fairly easy to make up for. If you're still hurting for CHR you could always ask your dime-a-dozen Bard friend (sorry Tibers lmao) to buff your CHR to insane levels for free, without needing heavy CHR gear, maybe you could dual box it even. There are lots of methods to approach it.

I kinda just typed what came into my head and I am not an expert but this is from my own testing and trial and error, as well as asking other players who have done tests so if someone notices any errors feel free to point them out lol

Noticed the date of the thread but leaving it here because might be useful for other BST looking to do some Aht Urhgan stuff, not sure why it was bumped to the top