Lobby: Up
Online: 54
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BST Maat Fight
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:55 pm 

Any advice on BST Maat fight? I'm currently level 67 and I have the testimony, although I may wait until 70 before I attempt the fight.

Looking for gear/strategies.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: BST Maat Fight
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:21 pm 

Grubbadubdub wrote:
Any advice on BST Maat fight? I'm currently level 67 and I have the testimony, although I may wait until 70 before I attempt the fight.

Looking for gear/strategies.

Thanks!

Extremely easy.

Bring 2 HQ Jugs (Should only need 1)
1 Akamochi
6-12 of Epislon food (Should only need 3-4)
Bring a Pear drink for HP regen incase you get nervous super cheap.
1-2 Dawn Mulsums (Might need 1)

You do not need sleep/gain TP thing.

Kill pet everytime it comes up.

Step 1: Zone in.
Step 2: Summon Pet
Step 3: Use Familiar & Akamochi
Step 4: Wait 1-2 mins before engaging incase stuff goes wrong and you need to resummon pet.
Step 5: Send pet against his pet, engage with your axes on pet as well.
Step 6: Pet dies, focus on Maat
Step 7: Use reward when at half life for Pet
Step 8: Use Sic as Often as possible
Step 9: Save your Weapon Skill TP for when Maat's Pet Respawns and kill it quick by sending your pet on it as well. If you take some damage, now would be the time to use the pear drink for +3 HP regen
Step 10: Send Pet back on Maat
Step 11: Maat dies

If you want you can bring some Hi-potions
Also bring 2 Dawn Mulsums again for moments where your crab does the bad Sic moves instead of metallic Body/scissors guard

Seriously one of the easiest Maat fights I've ever done other than THF where I went 1/1 on Stealing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:58 pm 

Exactly what I was looking for - Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:57 pm 

Grubbadubdub wrote:
Exactly what I was looking for - Thanks!

Great! Let me know how it goes :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:07 pm 

Ignore the pet, kill maat, did it at 67 used 1 Zeta and CC, ridiculously easy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:21 pm 

If you haven't done the fight yet, there is a video on youtube with a Nasomi BST Maat fight that you can watch. It really is as easy as others describe. 1 cc and 1-2 zeta should be overkill unless you're trying to do it at 66 in which case you might need a couple extra pet food.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:35 pm 

I finished this yesterday:

Level 68 BST

Just fyi, my gear is pretty bad, just AF stuff, I bought a darksteel axe for the fight, since I was still using my lvl 40 AF axe.

I started by calling pet, using 2 hour Familiar, and eating the suggested food.

Maat had a black mandagora pet. Since the Pear drink lasts for 5 minutes, I used the drink right away.

I sent my CC on Maat's pet and killed it, switched to Maat, used Sic and CC used the magic defense (lol).

Maat summoned 2nd mandy pet, switched and killed it, then back to Maat.

Maat summoned 3rd mandy pet and Familiared it. I Rampaged it and then finished it off with pet. Back to Maat. Used Sic and CC did his good attack move.

Maat summoned 4th mandy pet, but was at 15%, so I stayed on Maat and got him to 10% and he quit.

Pet finished at about 20% health. I used reward twice (Epsilon) and I used 2 dawn mulsim during the fight.

Thanks for the detail write-up, because had I chose a different method, I don't think it would have went as well. I was never in danger. I got hit by Maat once early on, but the pear drink kept me at full health the whole time.

Now, on to 75!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:16 pm 

Grubbadubdub wrote:
I finished this yesterday:

Level 68 BST

Just fyi, my gear is pretty bad, just AF stuff, I bought a darksteel axe for the fight, since I was still using my lvl 40 AF axe.

I started by calling pet, using 2 hour Familiar, and eating the suggested food.

Maat had a black mandagora pet. Since the Pear drink lasts for 5 minutes, I used the drink right away.

I sent my CC on Maat's pet and killed it, switched to Maat, used Sic and CC used the magic defense (lol).

Maat summoned 2nd mandy pet, switched and killed it, then back to Maat.

Maat summoned 3rd mandy pet and Familiared it. I Rampaged it and then finished it off with pet. Back to Maat. Used Sic and CC did his good attack move.

Maat summoned 4th mandy pet, but was at 15%, so I stayed on Maat and got him to 10% and he quit.

Pet finished at about 20% health. I used reward twice (Epsilon) and I used 2 dawn mulsim during the fight.

Thanks for the detail write-up, because had I chose a different method, I don't think it would have went as well. I was never in danger. I got hit by Maat once early on, but the pear drink kept me at full health the whole time.

Now, on to 75!!

Glad I was able to help :) BY THE WAY. I think around 68 The Boyhoda Tree could be good. It might be 70ish now since the mob level change, but I'd go there and just check anyway, but you should be able to Charm a Malboro there and bring it back down to the bottom, and demolish the Spiders quickly. Just need to make sure to bring lots of food to keep it alive.

Also if that doesn't work, do the same method as with Maat Fight with /checkparam <pet> and find your Max Pet Level and Familiar that one, Akamochi, and then keep it up with Biskets for Pet ownage. I would Recommend using CC. If you feel like going HAM on some gil you could try Lifedrinker Lars or Chopsuey Chucky since they will be able to fear the Platnoids Funguars. Or Better would be "Ambusher Allie" but there is only one on the AH atm and it is worth prolly 20,000 a jug so not sure if you'd be willing to drop it.

Same Process but with some zoning.

1. Zone into Tree
2. Summon Pet
3. Type /checkparam <pet> take note of Attack stat
4. Zone out type /checkparam <pet> take note of Attack stat
5. Zone back in type /checkparam <pet> take note of Attack stat
6. Repeat until you get 3 different numbers.
7. Repeat until you get the Highest Number INSIDE the tree where you will farming.
8. After inside tree with Highest Attack Stat, Use Familiar /checkparam <pet>
9. Use Akamochi /checkparam <pet>
10. Rejoice your Pet should have like 50% more attack! Go run train on some spiders for spider silk + good solo XP

Also I mapped out from 75-85 Pet level Attack so it will be easier for you once you hit max to know which one is which level with Beast Affinity. See link at the bottom.

If you didn't know a Jug'ed Pet can be a -2, -1, & 0 Pet. Meaning if you are level 68 your pet can be Level 66, 67, or 68

If you were level 75 with 1/5 Beast Affinity, then your pet can be 75,76,77

By doing /checkparam <pet> you can see its attack levels.

Level 75 CC has Primary Attack of 308
Level 76 CC has Primary Attack of 313
Level 77 CC has Primary Attack of 319

So you rezone over and over until you get a 319 Attack Pet Inside of The Bohyda Tree (Or where ever you are trying to get it) then you Familiar & Akamochi for Max Attack Possible for pet. Since Familiar will last until pet dies, as long as you use plenty of Epi/Zeta Biskets you should be great and demolish the EPs/DCs in 10-15 secs instead of 30-45 secs.

Also there is a NM Crab in there that drops a 1h axe that you should get. Just ask someone to help you, I believe it is a 100% drop.

http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... eastmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:29 pm 

Thanks Benz! I appreciate the input, this will come in handy!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:26 pm 

I wonder how hard this will be now with Reward being nerf'd and 2hour being nerf'd. I should have done thing before the update. Now I am stuck doing it after.