Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:40 am 

Recently, i lvl up to 75 my BRD and i'm serching for an armor guide for this server but i cannot find something -.-!

What set do you thing i must need? It's really need it a Fast cast set? What would be the perfect sets for a BRD?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:08 pm 

max your merits, buy a g horn.

stack CHR everywhere besides where you can put singing/wind skill.

brd is probably the simplest job to gear. Maybe besides SMN.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:49 pm 

Once you get your max merits and g horn, there's really only a few buff songs you'll need to stack singing/wind skill on. fiddle with it using /checkparam <me> and you'll see what I mean. Once you figure out your max effective skill you can concentrate on putting fast cast/manteel in your gearsets. I like to go /rdm sometimes and use a minstrel's ring set, makes my songs go off so quick.
But for debuff songs, yeah, max out on skill where you can, then put chr where you can't. Rough measure is 2 chr = 1 skill. Using this setup I almost never get resisted except for stuff like ToAU kings.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:05 pm 

Minstrel ring and a set to proc it, is nice. on 4 out of 8 days can use avatar rings to get really close without too much gear. The hp drop you need depends on what your hp is naked, just -25% hp.

Other than minstrel ring, a chatoyant or iridal staff is nessecary.

After those are good to go primarily singing skill or wind skill and +chr until you hit close to 125 or so, which isn't hard to do.

If you have are doing dynamis the afv2 hat is nice, otherwise a demon helm will work, but if ur just doin merits a walahra turban is more useful.

Errant body is fine.

Jesters cape is fine.

Gleeman belt is good, but if ur just doing merits swift belt or speed belt is more useful.

Errant pants is fine.

Rostrum pumps are great, dance shoes are ok, shair crackows are good.

Af gloves.

Wind torque is nice, star necklace is ok.

Loquascious earring is great, musical earring is good, melody earring is ok.

There's other stuff than this obviously, this just like AH/Low Endgame type gear, easy to get but erm.... Yeh just sing stuff, you'll be fine.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:35 pm 

This is good stuff but I'd like to add some comments. One of the things people don't understand about bard is the ONLY things that increase the strength of your buff songs are singing skill, wind skill, and the + to songs on your instrument (Yes string skill too, but that's pretty niche, and downright inconsequential once you get your g horn). Debuff songs are strengthened by all that and CHR. To put the point directly, CHR only matters for lullaby, elegy, requiem, threnody, and finale. As for buff songs, they all reach max potency given a different amount of singing/wind skill. The only one you can't max out with the available gear is minne. I recommend you build yourself several gearsets depending on the amount of skill you need to max the song. The slots you don't need to put skill in can go towards things like fast cast, -enmity, and making yourself less squishy.
The_Carrot wrote:
Minstrel ring and a set to proc it, is nice. on 4 out of 8 days can use avatar rings to get really close without too much gear. The hp drop you need depends on what your hp is naked, just -25% hp.

Other than minstrel ring, a chatoyant or iridal staff is nessecary.

If you can't afford a chat staff, iridal+terra's+appolo's is nearly as good.

The_Carrot wrote:
If you have are doing dynamis the afv2 hat is nice, otherwise a demon helm will work, but if ur just doin merits a walahra turban is more useful.

Demon Helm+1 is BiS for buff songs.

The_Carrot wrote:
Errant body is fine.

Kirin's Osode is just as good if you can get it, with the added bonus of less likelihood of spending time with your face in the dirt.

The_Carrot wrote:
Jesters cape is fine.

Truth. Jesters+1 is even better, and if you're super lucky, the skill on the Astute Cape is equivalent to the CHR on jesters+1 with the added benefit of being BiS for buff songs too.

The_Carrot wrote:
Gleeman belt is good, but if ur just doing merits swift belt or speed belt is more useful.

Truth. For BiS performance though, swift/speed for your buff song gearsets and gleemans for your debuffs.

The_Carrot wrote:
Errant pants is fine.

Yep. Also Bard's Cannions are just as good as well as free. For buff songs, BiS is Choral Cannions+1.

The_Carrot wrote:
Af gloves.

Yep, fulltime these, and +1 them ASAP. The jump in stats you get is huge.

The_Carrot wrote:
Wind torque is nice, star necklace is ok.

Star necklace also does for your minstrel's ring set, gotta love multitaskers. If you can't afford a wind torque, temperance torque is your biggest whack of chr on the neck.

The_Carrot wrote:
Loquacious earring is great, musical earring is good, melody earring is ok.

Gotta clarify this. BiS for buff songs is undeniably musical/loquacious. BiS for debuffs is musical/melody+1.

Also, sorry for the wall of text, I've put a lot of thought and experimentation into this.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:49 pm 

Good stuff ^^ this should set the op up for life on brd xD

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 pm 

Sorry, the nerding instinct was too much to overcome.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:38 pm 

I'm pretty sure the OP wanted to hear:

Ghorn > Mandau > KC > Hecatomb+1 set

:D

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 3:28 pm 

seventythree19 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the OP wanted to hear:

Ghorn > Mandau > KC > Hecatomb+1 set

:D

Lol, I'd say lets not go off on that tangent, but I honestly want to know what a merit party of 6 brds would do.