Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:34 pm 

Hello,

Just thought I would write this for anyone attempting Bard Maat fight @ level 70 (Elvaan race).

The fight itself was a lot easier than I thought it would be; below is the equipment I used, followed by my skill levels at the time, food and finally my guide.

Main: Cermet Sword
Sub-weapon: Nothing
Range: Ebony Harp
Head: Emperor Hairpin
Body: Bard AF
Hands: Bard AF
Legs: Bard AF
Feet: Bard AF
Earrings: Dodge Earring (x2)
Rings: Moon Ring (x2)
Neck: Fang Necklace
Waist: Gleeman's Belt
Back: Nomads Mantle

Sword skill: 201
Evasion skill: 197
Parrying skill: 102
Singing/Wind/String skill: Capped

Food: Tavnazian Taco (x1), Selbina Milk (x6), Hi-potion (x9), Icarus Wing (x1)

I entered the zone using Tavnazian Taco followed by Icarus Wing, I then activated my 2 hour and used Army's Paeon IV + III, then I used a Selbina Milk (this milk should be used each time Maat uses Magic Finale (dispel), as this is to stop Maat removing your songs). I started with Carnage Elegy and Magic Finale then I used Shining Blade. I kept Armys Paeon up throughout the fight and continued to use Shining Blade every time my TP reached 100%. Maat missed me a lot when his Madrigal was down. He didn't use his 2 hour until he was about 40% HP, at this point he used Magic Finale (dispel) a lot and he started spamming other songs. In the end I didn't have to use any of the Hi-potions and he didn't get my HP anywhere close to red.

All in all: I believe to win this fight you just need to keep armys paeon up, have a tavnazian taco, use selbina milk everytime he dispels you and keep a few Hi-potions just in case. Icarus Wing optional.

Good Luck Everyone! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:13 am 

Thanks for this. I was curious how close the fight was on Nasomi to retail. Hopefully I'll be doing this in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:00 pm 

So I just beat maat, mostly followed this excellent guide, however would like to detail my experience.

As a tarutaru I was concerned about low vit/hp, and so borrowed some gear from a friend.

Main: Joyeuse
Range: Respective songs instruments.. (read below)
Head: Emperor Hairpin
Body: SH
Hands: Battle gloves
Legs: Crow Hose
Feet: Bard AF
Earrings: Dodge Earring (x2)
Rings: Sun ring (x2)
Neck: PCC
Waist: Life belt
Back: Amemet mantle +1

Sword skill: 210
Evasion skill: 199
Parrying skill: 140

Food: Tavnazian Taco (x1), Selbina Milk (x10), Hi-potion (x6), Icarus Wing (x1)

WARNING: DO NOT MACRO IN INSTRUMENT CHANGES FOR DIFFERENT SONGS So I just copy/pasted my normal macros and used those. HUGE mistake, of course every time an instrument changes, you reset TP. Ended up getting only 1 WS off the entire fight.

Important to keep paeon up the entire time, because even with all my evasion gear, he was still slapping me about, paeon saved me.
Close fight, managed to win on 130hp following his dragon kick.

tldr, Camy's guide is great and if followed should be an easy win. Eat taco, use icarus wing, soul voice double paeon. Start with finale + elegy, finale when he buffs, drink selbina milk when he finale you, WS when available. Don't panic from the occasion, and don't let the music freak you out.. it always makes me nervous.. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:24 am 

Just a heads up for anyone trying with Dagger - I did it tonight using a Stun Dagger at 220 skill, but I highly encourage you to use sword, since it took me 8m 30s to clear. I followed the tips here, and they were all extremely helpful.

Without a good WS, the damage output just isn't there. Paeon sustained me through his damage but at the 5 minute mark he was still at 50% health. Since I was cutting it close, I switched from Paeon to Minuet / Madrigal and started beatin his cheeks. Unfortunately, he started doin the big ass TP moves. I'm not sure hi-potions would cut it without Paeon to back it up; I wound up using 2 Vile Elixers.

**A few tips:
-You can Opo-Opo and use sleep pots to 3000 TP right outside the BCNM -- this allows you to WS twice (with icarus wing) at the start of the fight without wasting any time!
-Sword lets you keep Paeon up for a completely safe run, since the damage output on weapon skills will keep you on par. A cermet sword would probably do the job.

I borrowed a Spike Necklace, Life Belt, and Amemet Mantle +1 from my WAR, the rest of my gear was Gaudy Harness, Melody Earrings, CHR rings, and AF pieces. Not optimal, but I was getting sick of lvl 70

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:04 pm 

Just FYI, I went in with String Skill of 0 and never got any resist with Ebony Harp+1 equipped for finale or elegy during Maat's fight.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:12 pm 

Went in as Hume Bard. Very under geared and poor. Got bored and decided to try it out.

Main: Joyeuse
Range: Cradle Horn
Head: Nobles Ribbon
Body: Minstrels Coat
Hands: AF
Legs: AF
Feet: AF
Earrings: Melody Earring (x2)
Rings: Moon Ring (x2)
Neck: Flower Necklace
Waist: Corsette (Not +1)
Back: Jesters Cape (Not +1)

Sword skill: 170
Evasion skill: 195
Parrying skill: 63

Food: Tavnazian Taco (x1), Selbina Milk (x5), Hi-potion (x2), Icarus Wing (x1)

Went in and popped my milk, food and Icarus wing. 2h and did Paeon IV and III. Ran in and Carnage Elegy and Finale'd Maat. I missed a lot obviously with such crappy sword skill. I did Fast Blade every chance I could while keeping Selbina Milk up. He Dragon Kicked me twice for ~200 each time. Paeon quickly got this back up. After Maat did his 2h he repeatedly spammed songs, the most annoying was Horde Lullaby which i resisted about a third of the time. At one point he did Asuran Fists which did a nice 400 damage but I was still at around 700 health. With less than a minute left in the fight I was able to beat him with 409 HP left after all was said and done. Never had to use a Hi-Potion and never felt like i was going to die, but I did panic thinking I would time out.

For anyone trying again I'd suggest most definitely maxing sword skill out and have accuracy gear. I'm sure the fight would have been much faster and easier if I could have hit him more. Good luck to those who try in the future!