Lobby: Up
Online: 71
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: First timer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:21 pm 

Why are you taking damage while pulling with Blink?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:23 pm 

You're not. You're taking damage while buffing/sleeping/debuffing the mob, and moving onto the next one. You're slowing the chain down constantly recasting blink and stoneskin.. all in the name of maybe offering a 10 MP spell on the odd chance you're at the camp at the time it's needed to be casted.

You're slowing the party down by needing to make sure you always have ballad on yourself, so that you have MP to keep recasting blink and stoneskin.

This isn't a tough concept.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:24 pm 

Why are you recasting stoneskin too? Perhaps the +5 CHR you get from subbing an ungimped WHM vs your lv 12 NIN would help you sleep the mob more consistently?

Wow it's almost as if you're starting to realize that the sum of all the benefits from subbing ungimped WHM makes it at least as good as subbing 12NIN.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:25 pm 

You realize sleep wears off, right? That you often pull more than one mob, and thus need to sleep the 2nd one a second time? That sleep can wear while you're singing songs, or debuffing the mob?

Sleeping XP mobs basically never fails with decent gear.

Did someone drop you?

All of this is ignoring the fact that BRD pulls hate at random times, fairly often.

No, no matter how many misinformed posts you make.. I won't suddenly agree with someone holding the wrong opinion.

Last edited by Wolffhardt on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:28 pm 

Are you aware of levels of resists? 30s is BRD's max duration unbuffed sleep. If you're getting tons of short duration sleeps like 7 or 15s, that's CHR is gonna help you land more 30s sleeps etc.

You really don't want to be wrong about this because of your pride as a BRD. I get that. But get this: no one's attacking you, no one's saying subbing NIN is bad. I'm saying that you may as well sub ungimped WHM if your NIN is 12, because you can do just as well with the WHM sub and contribute in more ways that add up to more than 1 additional dodge every 45 seconds.

You might not be pulling aggro as often if you don't have to use both your sleeps on one mob every single time you come back to camp.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:29 pm 

... I've genuinely never had lullaby last shorter than the 33 seconds, and then 36 seconds, in an XP party.. Maybe party with better BRDs, I'm not sure.

I don't think you understand.. I fully understand what you're saying. I'm telling you: It's simply not even remotely accurate or true.

Last edited by Wolffhardt on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:30 pm 

I'll use your argument then: why do you have to sleep the mob more than once if it always lasts 30s? "is your party just bad lol"?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:30 pm 

Because most parties don't kill two mobs in 30 seconds?

I just said: pulling more than one mob at a time is fairly common. Having your party fighting one mob, another mob slept at camp, and pulling the next one is fairly common after level 41~.

Eventually, that's going to lead to needing to sleep again. Eventually that need to sleep again is going to fall during singing other songs, or you're waiting to sing songs until lullaby wears, either way.. you're more efficient with Utsu on.

Last edited by Wolffhardt on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:32 pm 

Why 2 mobs in 30 seconds? You pull 2 mobs at a time?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:32 pm 

... Yes. Incredibly frequently. Especially on pulls where you need to reestablish ballad+dd.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next