Lobby: Up
Online: 60
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: First timer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:03 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
It's literally pointless to level NIN past 12 until 74. You aren't benefitting from enhanced dual wield or subtle blow. Feel free to take it to level 20, and get the 30 extra HP if you wish... but I wouldn't really bother Otherwise, if funds are limited, this is not good advice.

not literally. Don’t you get some charisma from your sub job? I know it’s probably a tiny amount.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:26 pm 

I don't know - I'm guessing you do get a small boost in CHR? I meant literally because I never once, in 74 levels, wished my NIN was higher than level 12. Not a single time did it ever cross my mind, and for anyone interested in leveling BRD as their first job with limited funds? I'd skip leveling NIN a single XP past 12.

If you're leveling other jobs, along with BRD, then sure. NIN shouldn't be underleveled for pretty much every other job.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:37 pm 

Some things are just for appearances and to not look like a lazy player :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:43 pm 

Well.... time to cut that shit out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:20 am 

**update**

I've read all recent posts. Thanks for the advice and clearing a few things up for me. I took the time to farm up some gil via fishing and got that wonderful monster signa and a plethora of other necessary +Chr gear. :D

I've having fun with the class as I have had a couple parties in the dunes. the real question is now do I do <me> or <stpc> so I can see the AOE the song casts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:01 pm 

Phersulion wrote:
**update**

I've read all recent posts. Thanks for the advice and clearing a few things up for me. I took the time to farm up some gil via fishing and got that wonderful monster signa and a plethora of other necessary +Chr gear. :D

I've having fun with the class as I have had a couple parties in the dunes. the real question is now do I do <me> or <stpc> so I can see the AOE the song casts.

Use wind instruments, and use <me>. Just make sure the farthest target you want to hit, or more importantly the closest target you don't want to hit, is at least 10 yalms away.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:23 am 

To piggyback onto this first timer thread, does anyone know if Iridal/Chat staff is worth getting for Bard? The older guides don't mention it since it's a new item.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:10 pm 

An earth and light staff (or their HQs depending on funds) are worth buying, at the very least. Some people just elect for an Iridal/Chat.

I use an Iridal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:32 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
I don't know - I'm guessing you do get a small boost in CHR? I meant literally because I never once, in 74 levels, wished my NIN was higher than level 12. Not a single time did it ever cross my mind, and for anyone interested in leveling BRD as their first job with limited funds? I'd skip leveling NIN a single XP past 12.

If you're leveling other jobs, along with BRD, then sure. NIN shouldn't be underleveled for pretty much every other job.

You gain 1 CHR going from 37/12 to 37/18
You gain 5 CHR going from 75/12 to 75/37

Not trying to say anything, just providing info from a quick test I did in my mog house while on different jobs. Do with it what you will.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:21 am 

If your NIN is 12 you may aswell sub WHM and use blink/stoneskin/have more hp/have more chr/teleports/status healing spells/etc...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next