Lobby: Up
Online: 86
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: First timer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:26 am 

Nabutso wrote:
If your NIN is 12 you may aswell sub WHM and use blink/stoneskin/have more hp/have more chr/teleports/status healing spells/etc...

Please don’t take this advice. It’s not good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:50 pm 

Think of it this way;

/WHM allows assisted healing and status curing

/NIN allows holding mobs with Lullaby/Shadows

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:15 pm 

Pulling with Blink and SS leads to pulls that are too slow if your party has strong DDs. I've been late with a pull AND had to pull with no buffs up because of it. Honestly /rdm is better than /whm in this case if you're high enough level, but /nin smooths everything out from level 24. If you're not pulling then do whatever you want, but you should pull.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:16 pm 

right.. exactly

/WHM allows you to do someone else's job

/NIN allows you to do your job

for real, feel free to level NIN all the way to 37 if you want.. I was just telling you that it doesn't really offer you anything but optics.. but 12NIN > any other SJ leveled appropriately, and it's not remotely close, for a normal nasomi party.

I'd obviously recommend leveling WHM, because it's substantially better at 75 and for doing quests/missions where sneak is needed. But I'd strongly recommend not leveling BRD past level 24 without leveling NIN to level 12 and subbing it permanently. If you choose to keep it leveled, its your game, but don't punish your party. They'd much rather you sub lvl 12 NIN then a fully leveled WHM.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:19 pm 

You don't have to sit there and use stoneskin every pull.

Also according to you using tools that help the party get through stuff easier as a whole is considered doing someone else's job? Should a NIN not use shadows because you have a WHM who is supposed to cure them?

Parties are more than the sum of their parts. You take actions when they are most convenient, not just to yourself, but the party. If we're at Toramas and the mob is constantly silencing and paralyzing the tank, having a RDM or BRD able to remove those statuses is extremely helpful. You want to talk about speed, how about giving the WHM a chance to rest by you spending 2 seconds and 10 MP instead of them having to get up from resting and waste 20 seconds?

KRT? do whatever. But if you can be useful in more ways than just pulling, why limit yourself to that and buffs only? You can do more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:48 pm 

Do you honestly even read what you write sometimes?

A BRD's job is to buff the party and pull. Subbing WHM to have paralyna and silena doesn't really help with any of that.

My best advice? If you're in a party where you find that you should have subbed WHM instead of NIN, you should find a new party. The bonus of saving your WHM 10 MP is far outweighed by the number of times the WHM will need to heal you in the first place, by subbing WHM.

I'm always amazed by the amount Nab digs in to defend the wrong side of a settled argument. BRD should basically always sub NIN for parties, unless you build the party with a specific reason in mind that would require a different sub. It's just not that close, even. Oh well.

To answer your last question? If you find yourself with enough time to do more than pulling and buffing, you're either: in a bad party or not doing the first two adequately.

Last edited by Wolffhardt on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:08 pm 

You're arguing against a strawman. I never said a BRD should be sneaking, invising, and cure 2ing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:14 pm 

My bad - You're right. I edited my post to correct for that.

I have no idea why you thought that'd change anything I said, but there ya have it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:19 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
My bad - You're right. I edited my post to correct for that.

I have no idea why you thought that'd change anything I said, but there ya have it.

Imagine being able to do both your job but also contribute to the party when convenient.

I know contributing to something is a really foreign concept for you, but please try to imagine it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:21 pm 

That contribution doesn't outweigh what you remove by taking damage while pulling.

I know being useful and intelligent are foreign concepts to you, but it's literally possible for you to not know the best answer for every situation. This isn't a tough concept. BRD/NIN > BRD/WHM in about 90-95% of the parties that get made on Nasomi. If you're arguing that the remainng 10-5% of parties is where you're hanging your hat, then there's something literally wrong with the chemical makeup of your brain.

Last edited by Wolffhardt on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next