Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: First timer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:33 pm 

do you just not play much with BRDs or something? lol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:40 pm 

Somehow I've gotten to 75 with no sub NIN BRDs, all of whom were able to pull nonstop unlimited amounts of mobs in KRT and beyond without needing to rest, without breaking the chain, and who were able to help me if absolutely necessary in an area like LoO, No PLs, very often not a real tank, who were able to do everything you and I described. As sub WHM. I didn't think SAM/RDM/THF/BRD/WHM/BLM was a good party composition, and most people would say it's awful, yet somehow we managed to do things better than all the "epic sub NIN" BRDs with PLs and pure TP burns do. I guess I'm literally that disconnected from how people play now than they did a year ago that I think people are more capable than you think they are.

quote from you
Quote:
If you find yourself with enough time to do more than pulling and buffing, you're either: in a bad party or not doing the first two adequately.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:41 pm 

I wish you'd have partied with some /NIN so you can see how crazy this conversation has been for a BRD who has partied as both.

Back to OP: Sub whatever you want. Try them all out. I think you'll find /NIN is, far and away, the best option for basically every party you're in. Good luck.

or party with Nab. He has the best parties and they're perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:47 pm 

Not what I said, but OK. You seem to have a habit of trying to manipulatively frame things in every one of your posts. Strange. Not sure what the psychological trigger is for that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:50 pm 

you literally said you took a crappy party composition and did things better than any other DD party could ever do.

"yet somehow we managed to do things better than all the "epic sub NIN" BRDs with PLs and pure TP burns do."

You seem to forget what you said, or think very minor changes in word phrasing changes the meaning of a sentence. I could guess what the trigger is for that, but it'd be offensive.

so.. with that said, my advice is OBVIOUS: party with Nab. If he can take a bad party and be better than all of the of "epic" parties with PLs and pure TP Burns... just convince him to make one of those epic parties himself, and imagine the possibilities.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:56 pm 

The point is that it was possible, and it worked well. Not that you should party with me. You're purposefully ignoring the actual meaning of what I said in this context.

If I say we did something, that doesn't mean that I go and make "epic parties". Please do not continue to assume or read things into my posts that aren't there.

You yourself are aware that there is more to a party than the composition alone, yet you fail to see that a composition which is normally bad ends up being really good given other factors, like those players working well together. Please don't pretend like that wasn't the meaning of the post.

Last edited by Nabutso on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:57 pm 

I don’t know how else to read someone saying they achieve things with a subpar party composition that TP burns are unable to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:58 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
I don’t know how else to read someone saying they achieve things with a subpar party composition that TP burns are unable to.

Well.. alright. At least you admit that. I figured you'd know that player skill, communication, and working together and all that were important, but I guess I really am out of the loop with how people party these days.

Also, I didn't say that TP burns can't do it. There you go putting words in my mouth again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:08 pm 

Nabutso wrote:

Also, I didn't say that TP burns can't do it. There you go putting words in my mouth again.

[quote=“Nabutso”]we managed to do things better than all the "epic sub NIN" BRDs with PLs and pure TP burns do. [/quote]

To me? Saying you do something better than all of something would suggest that you’re including all parties and you do it better.

To each their own though. Using the English language isn’t for everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:34 pm 

"unable to" is not synonymous with what I said

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next