Lobby: Up
Online: 61
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:28 am 

Just curious I don't play ranger so not really clued up on it.
But this is PreRanger Nerf so you can melee as well as using bow and not have your damage nerfed iirc, So why are you so concerned with the Store TP when you can be meleeing between shots to build more TP faster?

Again Im asking out of curiosity I don't play nor ever had a Ranger.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:13 pm 

Johno wrote:
Just curious I don't play ranger so not really clued up on it.
But this is PreRanger Nerf so you can melee as well as using bow and not have your damage nerfed iirc, So why are you so concerned with the Store TP when you can be meleeing between shots to build more TP faster?

Again Im asking out of curiosity I don't play nor ever had a Ranger.

There are still some differences on private servers compared to retail when it comes to certain things. In Ranger's case, the crit rate on Lightning staff and Claymore grip apply to ranged attacks (Yes, I do know they did not on retail, but they do here). With merits + native crit rate, and the crit from gear you can reach around 30% crit rate. Which I would argue is better than Double axe or axe/dagger in instances where you don't require the accuracy from them. Because of this since Ranger has no staff skill, meleeing is irrelevant. There are also plenty of instances where being out of melee range and doing damage through solely ranged attacks is preferable to taking AoE damage. X-hits matter a lot more in these instances.

Edit: I'd also like to say any Ranger who depends on melee attacks to build TP needs to play another job. I know attacks will still happen between ranged attacks whether someone wants them to or not, but if you're intentionally waiting for melee attacks rounds before executing ranged attacks(in a common feasible TP setup), you aren't using your bow/gun as often as you should be.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:57 pm 

Just don’t use ammo, you big dummies

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:38 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
Just don’t use ammo, you big dummies

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 pm 

dimitri wrote:
Tex wrote:
There are still some differences on private servers compared to retail when it comes to certain things. In Ranger's case, the crit rate on Lightning staff and Claymore grip apply to ranged attacks (Yes, I do know they did not on retail, but they do here). With merits + native crit rate, and the crit from gear you can reach around 30% crit rate. Which I would argue is better than Double axe or axe/dagger in instances where you don't require the accuracy from them. Because of this since Ranger has no staff skill, meleeing is irrelevant.
Edit: I'd also like to say any Ranger who depends on melee attacks to build TP needs to play another job. I know attacks will still happen between ranged attacks whether someone wants them to or not, but if you're intentionally waiting for melee attacks rounds before executing ranged attacks(in a common feasible TP setup), you aren't using your bow/gun as often as you should be.

I mean, I know you believe the crit on staff and grip were fixed, and maybe that used to be the case. I can 100% confirm that they aren't currently though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:00 am 

irrelevant to the topic

Last edited by Tex on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:35 pm 

Yeah. I noticed this as well over a year or so ago. I didn't make an official thread about it because I heard Nasomi doesn't read the forum posts very much, but maybe that has changed now. I believe I did try to ask Nas in chat but can't recall if I got a response. You can try ask him and see but honestly though it most likely will be considered a very low priority.

Personally it bugs me a lot too. For one I prefer gun RNG and the bug affects them more. It's also kinda hard to get decent xp/hr in a meripo with freshly dinged 75's that will beat the alternative lvl 40 cap Riverne site camp.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:25 am 

So as an update to this thread, Nabutso actually pointed out to me a while back that War Bow+1 was getting the correct TP returns according to the old formula.

War Bow +1
524(Bow Delay)+90(Ammo) = 614 / 80 = 7.7 + 6 predicted TP 137
Actual TP in-game 137

For this bow the old formula is counting ammo delay correctly. If this is the case, then why is it not also counting for other bows?

Went ahead and tested Shigeto bow and Hellfire +1 out just because I was curious and had the following results:

NQ Shigeto Bow
600(Bow Delay) + 90 (Ammo) = 690 / 80 = 8.6 + 6 predicted TP 146
Actual TP in-game 148

So these two are slightly off as well. Tested both of the bows with four different 90 delay ammo types.

Hellfire +1
640(Gun Delay) + 240 (Silver bullets) = 880 / 80 = 11 + 6 predicted TP 170
Actual TP in-game 153

Annihilator
582(Gun Delay) + 240 (Silver bullets) = 822 / 80 = 10.3 + 6 predicted TP 163
Actual TP in-game 148

If anyone else needs any proof that ammo delay just isn't being counted for some weapons, you can see here on the relic gun page that even the TP per hit for the weapon only listed on the wiki is the same as the TP return we currently get on Nasomi.
Source: https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Annihilator

A relic gun Rng confirmed to me earlier today that ammo seems to be bugged on it too, only yielding a base TP of 148 a hit. Obviously it's still relic gun and it will outperform man other weapons in the game on specific content as it should, but only maybe half of the 240 delay from silver bullets being taken into account for TP is a pretty significant blow to the weapon's TP gain and overall DPS. Currently that puts it at an 7 hit build, only being able to feasibly achieve a 6 hit subbing Samurai when this weapon was supposed to easily obtain a 6 hit subbing nin or war and even a 5 hit build under the right conditions. Compare this to a lower delay weapon like a bow in the same class ( Ebow for instance starts at an 8 hit build), and the TP values are essentially the same on this server due to this bug, only bow fires much faster. To further illustrate my point, the extra shot required for a relic gun ranger to reach 1000 TP adds an extra estimated 9 seconds(base weapon and ammo delay) to their TP phase in order to WS, and that adds up over time pretty quickly.

I'm sure Nabutso will chime in on this next part, but I honestly couldn't care less considering Nas probably gets dozens if not hundreds of even more useless PMs on a daily basis. At least this one is actually constructive in some way and seeks to clear up an issue affecting many people who play on this server - whether they know it or not. Those of us who care, likely already do know. I implore any Rangers who care about this job's effectiveness to PM Nas the link to this thread with a short description of what isn't functioning properly on a reasonably timed, regular basis until at least one of us elicits a response. Maybe even use it as your Q&A question.

Too lazy? I got you covered. Just copy and paste this into the naschat PM window to Nasomi:

Quote:
Hi, I just wanted to inform you that the TP values for certain ranged weapons appears to be incorrect here. This is most likely due to said weapons not counting the TP we should be receiving from the delay portion of the Ammo slot in particular. This greatly hinders the ability of some higher delay weapons - the relic weapon Annihilator in particular - as outlined in the thread. Though there are some outliers in these tests like Hellfire+1 I cannot explain, something is still obviously off with TP values regarding these weapons when using both the old and new TP formulas on retail to calculate the predicted TP values. The weapons, formulas used, and data for all of them is contained within the linked thread. Is this a known issue and can we expect a fix for it any time realistically soon? Thank you

https://na.nasomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6556

totally not related to me deciding on what relic to build btw.
/s

Though I'll be honest this is a pretty large factor in my decision; regardless, I still think this deserves to be looked at more in-depth at the very least.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:12 pm 

After minimal testing it appears as though both archery and marksmanship are correctly following the new TP formula.

Ebow w/ Scorpion arrows yielding 148 TP

Annihilator w/ Silver Bullets yields 166 TP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:27 pm 

Tex wrote:
After minimal testing it appears as though both archery and marksmanship are correctly following the new TP formula.

Ebow w/ Scorpion arrows yielding 148 TP

Annihilator w/ Silver Bullets yields 166 TP

Are we still just as wanted in the endgame instances as before the nerf?