Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Stating the obvious
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:31 am 

Roki wrote:
Maybe instead of complaining that RNG is nerfed and useless, you could join in on figuring out exactly how to play RNG after the update? Just a thought. FFXI is about experimenting and finding the right setups based on the stats and other things to take into account. There is no single best setup and people need to stop expecting one gear setup to work in ALL situations. There is a lot of testing to be done and it looks like very few of us are going to be willing to do that. I'm actually glad so many people quit because honestly if you can't even figure out how to make RNG work after the update then that probably means you're just one of those players who spams their macros without doing any kind of thinking at all.

Test things out and explore different gear setups. Use the full range of what is available to you instead of just complaining that an update "nerfed" your "favorite job." If you complain after a single update then that tells me you never really understood the entire point of this game is to explore and experiment. I know people always like to pull out "but the fact is that everything else is a better option..." is a poor excuse to me. You don't get to decide what is and isn't viable in the game. Nasomi is the only one who holds all the answers so it's up to us to figure out which gear pieces to wear and how to develop a play strategy to accommodate the update. That's the ENTIRE POINT of the game, in case you've deluded yourself into thinking that the only point of the game is to get the cookie cutter equipment list you found in a forum post and check each item off the list, spamming your macros every single fight using absolutely zero strategy whatsoever.

It shows a fundamental flaw in your understanding of the mechanics of the Ranger job if you think this is something that gear optimization could make any significant impact on.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:38 am 

Roki wrote:
Maybe instead of complaining that RNG is nerfed and useless, you could join in on figuring out exactly how to play RNG after the update? Just a thought. FFXI is about experimenting and finding the right setups based on the stats and other things to take into account. There is no single best setup and people need to stop expecting one gear setup to work in ALL situations. There is a lot of testing to be done and it looks like very few of us are going to be willing to do that. I'm actually glad so many people quit because honestly if you can't even figure out how to make RNG work after the update then that probably means you're just one of those players who spams their macros without doing any kind of thinking at all.

Test things out and explore different gear setups. Use the full range of what is available to you instead of just complaining that an update "nerfed" your "favorite job." If you complain after a single update then that tells me you never really understood the entire point of this game is to explore and experiment. I know people always like to pull out "but the fact is that everything else is a better option..." is a poor excuse to me. You don't get to decide what is and isn't viable in the game. Nasomi is the only one who holds all the answers so it's up to us to figure out which gear pieces to wear and how to develop a play strategy to accommodate the update. That's the ENTIRE POINT of the game, in case you've deluded yourself into thinking that the only point of the game is to get the cookie cutter equipment list you found in a forum post and check each item off the list, spamming your macros every single fight using absolutely zero strategy whatsoever.

Nabutso? Is that you? I thought you went and joined the CIA or MS13 or something....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:56 pm 

The_Carrot wrote:
Roki wrote:

Nabutso? Is that you? I thought you went and joined the aryan brotherhood....

FTFY

Roki wrote:

ignoring that this is one of the best examples of fundamentally not understanding a job on FFXI, the update didn't "nerf" RNG. It murdered it.

As for Nasomi being the only one that holds all the answers, I'm pretty certain that Nas still doesn't actually understand why RNG is a dead job now. It wouldn't be the first time that he believed he was doing something that was very obviously not what he was doing to people that play the game more than he does.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:25 pm 

Had a RNG in my pt the other night, he did well, I'd invite him again in a heartbeat.

I feel like the answer is, and always will be, if you enjoy a job you'll find a way to play it. I'm in the camp of "this sucks" for people who loved RNG before the nerf because it's pretty damn hard to just accept this change as something you need to experiment your way around. Because any way you look at it, you're not going to be performing the same way as before.

Roki's attitude is just as counterproductive and quitting playing RNG. He just wants to pretend like he's a "real player" while the rest of us "don't understand the ENTIRE POINT" of the game. Get off your high horse.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:12 pm 

seventythree19 wrote:
Get off your high horse.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:37 pm 

In retail, I didn’t mind the change too much, but I feel Nasomi is missing two critical keys, text telling the players when they’re in the sweet spot, the “hits squarely” or “pummeling” the target and Velocity Shot. With these two things, I felt rangers could be rangers. However, with them missing, it’s a loss. the job is confusing and difficult with little reward, no reward if the fights are chaotic, which exp parties tend to be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:17 pm 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
Aigeus wrote:
In retail, I didn’t mind the change too much, but I feel Nasomi is missing two critical keys, text telling the players when they’re in the sweet spot, the “hits squarely” or “pummeling” the target and Velocity Shot. With these two things, I felt rangers could be rangers. However, with them missing, it’s a loss. the job is confusing and difficult with little reward, no reward if the fights are chaotic, which exp parties tend to be.

Great pitch btw :)

Also there hasn’t been a maintenance or patch since this one that’s been big has there?

lol, no there has not been.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:53 pm 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
Starbright wrote:
Kubisnaxx wrote:

Great pitch btw :)

Also there hasn’t been a maintenance or patch since this one that’s been big has there?

lol, no there has not been.

eden takeover 2020, said it in 2018, looks like it still might happen

unfortunately eden is somehow worse.

least we get to play FFXI here.. #hostiletakeover