Lobby: Up
Online: 64
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stating the obvious
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:29 pm 

Time has passed and seasons are changing. The maintenance to rng attacks with the addition of the “sweet spot” has had one very apparent side effect......it has essentially killed the Ranger population on Nasomi. Period. Currently, it is one of, if not, the, lowest played job on the server (aside from PUP of course, but that will soon change...) at any given time, I see between 15-25 Rngs online nowadays, compared to the 80-100 that used to be the norm. That’s about 75+% drop in the rng population....which says a lot. I’m curious if Nas monitors or cares about these kind of numbers...

Post subject: Re: Stating the obvious
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:37 pm 

Definitely stopped playing with that update. I really enjoyed COR/RNG, got RNG decently past 37 to get it out of just SJ status, then this crap happens. I logged in once to check out the new fishing, but I just can't see me playing COR or RNG anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:44 pm 

Put it this way, I finished Annihilator about one month prior to the patch that nerfed Ranger and have pulled it out for meaningful content outside of OWNMs a total of two times since that patch dropped. The patch had the exact effect most people with a brain expected it to.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:23 pm 

Tex wrote:
The patch had the exact effect most people with a brain expected it to.

iT's NoT a NeRf.

Seriously though, I've brought my damn near BiS Annihilator RNG out exactly 1 time since the update(2 days after it dropped). It was doing about 30% less dmg than in the same situation just 2 weeks before.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:40 am 

i ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ had a pretty strong ranger and am doing dynamis now for the first time since the nerf. dudes this is miserable, not that i need to tell yall that, but jesus this awful man.

rip my fellow rangers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:40 pm 

The completely raging economy surrounding the job collapsed afterwards.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:09 am 

Maybe instead of complaining that RNG is nerfed and useless, you could join in on figuring out exactly how to play RNG after the update? Just a thought. FFXI is about experimenting and finding the right setups based on the stats and other things to take into account. There is no single best setup and people need to stop expecting one gear setup to work in ALL situations. There is a lot of testing to be done and it looks like very few of us are going to be willing to do that. I'm actually glad so many people quit because honestly if you can't even figure out how to make RNG work after the update then that probably means you're just one of those players who spams their macros without doing any kind of thinking at all.

Test things out and explore different gear setups. Use the full range of what is available to you instead of just complaining that an update "nerfed" your "favorite job." If you complain after a single update then that tells me you never really understood the entire point of this game is to explore and experiment. I know people always like to pull out "but the fact is that everything else is a better option..." is a poor excuse to me. You don't get to decide what is and isn't viable in the game. Nasomi is the only one who holds all the answers so it's up to us to figure out which gear pieces to wear and how to develop a play strategy to accommodate the update. That's the ENTIRE POINT of the game, in case you've deluded yourself into thinking that the only point of the game is to get the cookie cutter equipment list you found in a forum post and check each item off the list, spamming your macros every single fight using absolutely zero strategy whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:36 am 

Roki wrote:
Maybe instead of complaining that RNG is nerfed and useless, you could join in on figuring out exactly how to play RNG after the update? Just a thought. FFXI is about experimenting and finding the right setups based on the stats and other things to take into account. There is no single best setup and people need to stop expecting one gear setup to work in ALL situations. There is a lot of testing to be done and it looks like very few of us are going to be willing to do that. I'm actually glad so many people quit because honestly if you can't even figure out how to make RNG work after the update then that probably means you're just one of those players who spams their macros without doing any kind of thinking at all.

Test things out and explore different gear setups. Use the full range of what is available to you instead of just complaining that an update "nerfed" your "favorite job." If you complain after a single update then that tells me you never really understood the entire point of this game is to explore and experiment. I know people always like to pull out "but the fact is that everything else is a better option..." is a poor excuse to me. You don't get to decide what is and isn't viable in the game. Nasomi is the only one who holds all the answers so it's up to us to figure out which gear pieces to wear and how to develop a play strategy to accommodate the update. That's the ENTIRE POINT of the game, in case you've deluded yourself into thinking that the only point of the game is to get the cookie cutter equipment list you found in a forum post and check each item off the list, spamming your macros every single fight using absolutely zero strategy whatsoever.

See, that's the thing though, most aren't saying RNG "can't" work. We're saying it's much too tedious and not enough DPS to be worth the hassle. I, as a BiS RNG have tested quite a bit post patch. The point of this game varies from person to person, but for most of the hardcore playerbase it is to kill the biggest stuff in the most efficient way possible. 100 times out of 100, I'd rather take my no relic DRK or MNK or NIN. That's not even taking into account my SAM.

Sure if RNG is the only job you want to play, you can find groups who will accommodate you. However, before the update you were on-par with other DD in optimal situations(BRD, COR, etc.). After, you're lucky to reach even 80%. This is only taking endgame into account. When you go to exp PTs it gets worse. Do damage, pull hate and slow your killspeed or hold TP/Barrage until under 30%, slowing your killspeed.

Edit: Also, why are we necrobumping all these posts just to state the same argument that's been posted before?

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:23 am 

Because I'm here to tell you that your answers are ridiculous and that attitude is a crappy one and defeats the entire purpose of playing the game. All I see is a bunch of whining and complaining.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:07 am 

This the type of dude who gets mad he won’t get invites on his DD Rdm, or leaves the alliance when someone in the dyna says “why you on BST?” Just stfu.